List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
FFS I’m sick of reading how well the cats have done. Yeah on the surface they have done well and I’m not going to criticize what they have done, but the 3 blokes they picked up did not get selected in their current team in their last game - 2 of which were bottom 8 sides.
And pick 7 may be a gun or maybe a dud or more likely just a good average player. Either way, it’s not a guaranteed premiership for them.
Im wrapt with what we’ve done and that’s all I care about. We should be top 4 next year and anything can happen from there.
F##k everyone else and stop worrying about what other people are doing. You’ll never be happy if you try to compare with others and you’ll fail to enjoy the wins on the journey.
Bring on 2023.

FFS I’m sick of reading how well the cats have done. Yeah on the surface they have done well and I’m not going to criticize what they have done, but the 3 blokes they picked up did not get selected in their current team in their last game - 2 of which were bottom 8 sides.
And pick 7 may be a gun or maybe a dud or more likely just a good average player. Either way, it’s not a guaranteed premiership for them.
Im wrapt with what we’ve done and that’s all I care about. We should be top 4 next year and anything can happen from there.
F##k everyone else and stop worrying about what other people are doing. You’ll never be happy if you try to compare with others and you’ll fail to enjoy the wins on the journey.
Bring on 2023.

Why do you want to live in a vacuum??

If you do not recognise your competitors how do you beat them?

Denial is a recipe for losing

When the players cross the white line they do not perform a love in

Bring on 2023.
It’s only coz there’s a cat fan on an alt account banging on about it 🤣

Me waiting for highlights of preseason training.

Excited Which One GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cats will be drafting Jhye Clarke at pick 7 who they see as replacing Joel Selwood. Clarke is a brave, tough young footballer who is going to be a fairly handy player but is very unpolished and floats in and out of games. Would likely ply next year but would have a less impact then a Ben Hobbs or a Josh Ward has had this year.
Geelong telegraphing their intentions well out from the draft.

What's to stop a team grabbing this bloke at Picks #4, #5 or #6 if he's that good? I mean, anyone would want "the next Joel Selwood", wouldn't they?

This whole trade period I haven’t been able to get the image of Shane Edwards absolutely destroying Jacob hopper in 2019 grand final.
That’s what got Hopper over the line to Richmond knowing that Shedda wasn't gonna be there

Last edited:
While your rite it appears the Cats have been able to convince their players to take unders to achieve the big prize. We have also been able to do the same but from the outside I would say at nowhere near the same level thus allowing the cats to gain a considerable advantage. We may win the big one next year but going forward the Cats will be a contender for years to come as we loose much of our core such as Cotchin, Jack, Grimes, Pickett, Tarrant, Broad and Martin etc

Agree, if Cats keep butt****ing GC they will win ten premierships in a row with 18 number one draft picks fully developed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back