List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yep, Craig Cameron should get the ass.

GC lost Rankines contract value during this trade period and still couldn’t afford to carry the Bowes contract. This would suggest that their total player payments weren’t just a little over, they were way out of balance.

This is after they have offered juicy contracts to a few blokes like Chol to extract them from other clubs in the last 2 years.

This reeks of complete mismanagement.
If this had happened at a Melbourne club there would be calls for a review and heads would roll.

The AFL have installed their own people into key roles at GC though and they’ll be protected from any consequence for this. I feel sorry for Stuey Dew who has to work with the results of this incompetence.
We should get Chol back. They got him with cheats money. Money they didn't have

Just seen Henry looking to walk out on the Pies to go to Geelong.

This is a disgrace.

GWS can pick him up or another at a later pick, put him in reserves until the next trade to Geelong
C'mon, have a bit of empathy. The poor boy is homesick. He's just a little (80kg, 189cm) boy (20 years of age) who's working away (73km) from his family and friends. What is he meant to do if he is at work and he has a sore tummy?

GWS literally got al we had to offer. Then players they wanted said no, that's not on them. They took every good pick we have haha - thats best of a bad situation IMO

Confirms what I long suspected that the hold up on this deal was due to what picks GWS had to offer us in return. Had Soldo agreed to go I assume we either would have kept 31 or got better picks in return.

Those picks coming back from GWS are going to come in a lot.
We might be able to snag a good'un.

Yep ignoring picks taken up with F/S and academy picks, there will be a number of clubs who likely won't be using picks before 53 as they won't have list spots to be able to take them on.

For example Collingwood have delisted 5 players and have picked up 3 via trade and free agency, should Henry leave they will have 3 picks (16, 27, 41) thus picks 50/51 will go to waste. If they get the pick they want for Henry then potentially pick 41 also will go to waste. Hawthorn with picks 48 and 52 could go to waste depending on what happens tomorrow with O'Meara.

As the draft draws closer it will be easier to make more accurate judgments based on further delistings and inside info on how teams rate certain players but looking at how things stand right now those picks will be coming in much earlier than they currently stand. Which further to this running my eye over where teams are currently picking at, there seems to be very little incentive to trade down. Brisbane having picks 34/35/36 and 38 makes it hard to do deals.

Have you heard something or just think he's a good fit? I'm not sure he is. Not competitive enough for a key forward. Got a bit of Vickery/Griffiths/Elton about him.

Myth. Attacks the ball better than most key forwards, his issue is a lack of confidence.

Surely we could snag a few more picks for players like RCD and Aarts? They have to have some currency. Even for future 4ths, they may come in handy next year…

These expension clubs are a real solid case study for the Tassie team! Both have become development teams for the big clubs! Wonder if Tassie can actually buck the trend

On SM-S906E using BigFooty.com mobile app

AFL state and Hobart is a cracking place to live. Green Bay packer vibe is what they’re going for. With some smart management they can do it

Surely we could snag a few more picks for players like RCD and Aarts? They have to have some currency. Even for future 4ths, they may come in handy next year…

Aarts no. RCD to north for a late third/fourth if we’re lucky

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If its reduced by adding years why couldn’t GG do the same? Something stinks here
They didn’t want him.
It’s not about the AFL though, the Richmond fans have no idea what’s happening, so of course we get confused and irritated because while it sounds like we’ll get him, we wonder why it’s taking so long.
Given that we support a professional outfit, a running commentary wasn’t necessary.

We could see our club had no interest in feeding the AFL/Crocmedia frenzy so it was a case of us putting trust in our people and rightly so, they have certainly earned that.

My question is: Do we look for another late pick for RCD or do we give him another year and hope he comes good? He does show flashes.

I’m done. No chance now with Taranto and Hopper coming in

Yeah I heard that tonight. Absolutely disgusting and I'm happy to come with you
Probably a gambling addict that lost on the result. AFL has a lot to answer for allowing the online gambling companies free reign on advertising. Gilligan and co greed strikes again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back