List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Magic, is that you?
The good news is that now, no matter what anybody puts up, their's will not be the stupidest idea in this thread.
Well done Keilor. Outstanding. Your sacrifice will be remembered.
After your love affair with Boyd Woodcock, I'd be inclined to keep my opinion to myself Pomsta. At least The Chad has made the AA team twice - Woodcock is playing in rugby country.

LOL which one is it, are we squeezed or do we have room to move.

It will lead to a short-term salary squeeze but Richmond is confident it can balance its books on a list that currently has 19 players 22 or under.

Richmond still has cap space to acquire a replacement forward for Jack Riewoldt as it chases GWS free agent Harry Himmelberg.

It will lead to a short-term salary squeeze but Richmond is confident it can balance its books on a list that currently has 19 players 22 or under.
Wow. Someone in the media acknowledging what we’ve done with our list.

I thought we were going down the Hawthorn route of selling out the future to cater for the now. Taranto and Hopper were Mitchell and O’Meara Mk II.

Credit to whoever wrote that. Didn’t go the lazy route or group-think for clicks.

LOL which one is it, are we squeezed or do we have room to move.

Richmond still has cap space to acquire a replacement forward for Jack Riewoldt as it chases GWS free agent Harry Himmelberg.
Just a really dumb article that puts 2+2 and gets 5

19 players getting basically $100k a year and early retirements and unexpected traded out players salaries not being accounted for with front ending the existing big pay salaries and where ther hell are they getting $1.1 mil for Shai Bolton
There is no chance he is on that salary and more like $850k-$900k at most.

After your love affair with Boyd Woodcock, I'd be inclined to keep my opinion to myself Pomsta. At least The Chad has made the AA team twice - Woodcock is playing in rugby country.
Chad's last AA was 8 years ago. He will turn 30 and will want about $450k per year. I was spruiking Woodcock as MSD pick as he is a 23 yr old small forward that averages over 25 touches and a goal in the VFL and would cost us about $100k per year. I know who I'd rather have.

I think it will be tight in 2024 because of backend deals for Martin and Lynch, start of Bolton’s new deal and Prestia having one more year left:

Martin: $1.3m
Lynch : $1.3m
Prestia: $700k
TT and Hopper: $750k each
Bolton : $1m

Then there’s pretty decent coin on Vlastuin, Rioli, Balta, Broad, Grimes and Short.

The squeeze will ease a lot from 2024 onwards once Dusty goes from $1.3m to $700k. And Prestia either retires or drops to $450k. And Grimes likely retires. Then Lynch either retires or drops to $600k end of 2025.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Why do you assume Martin and Lynch contracts are back ended. Surely when Rance left they would have used his salary to level out other contracts

I think it will be tight in 2024 because of backend deals for Martin and Lynch, start of Bolton’s new deal and Prestia having one more year left:

Martin: $1.3m
Lynch : $1.3m
Prestia: $700k
TT and Hopper: $750k each
Bolton : $1m

Then there’s pretty decent coin on Vlastuin, Rioli, Balta, Broad, Grimes and Short.

The squeeze will ease a lot from 2024 onwards once Dusty goes from $1.3m to $700k. And Prestia either retires or drops to $450k. And Grimes likely retires. Then Lynch either retires or drops to $600k end of 2025.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Where has this 1 mill a year for Shai Bolton come from? Pretty sure when he signed his 5-year extension, it was touted as being $4mill. Thats $800K a year.

Think we only have 2 one mill a year, players and that's Dusty and Lynch, with Dusty having only 1 year to run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The media just make this stuff up. Looks like that article was written by that carrot Top McLure. Reports last year were Shai got 5 x$800k $4mil deal. $1.2mil???? No fu@ken way. Oliver, Petracca, Cripps are all on $900k with swags of AA, BnF's etc. $1.2mil couldn't be. Nobody besides Dusty's worth that.

The media just make this stuff up. Looks like that article was written by that carrot Top McLure. Reports last year were Shai got 5 x$800k $4mil deal. $1.2mil???? No fu@ken way. Oliver, Petracca, Cripps are all on $900k with swags of AA, BnF's etc. $1.2mil couldn't be. Nobody besides Dusty's worth that.
Pumpkin Head deals in fictional catastrophes that swirl in the vacuum above his eyebrows and spew out via media. Looks like his other primary skill is wearing bling on Hutchy TV.

If i name names then all the old heads just lose their minds and I can't be bothered to justify why trades work in our favour

Which players do we have moving forward that show A-grade potential? Id be hard-pressed to name one
Gibcus comes straight to mind for me but we already have Taranto, Hopper, Bolton, Vlastuin, Balta, Broad, Lynch, Rioli, Baker, Short and Dusty that are A graders or thereabouts.

What we need is more Bs. Of those who are inexperienced or not getting regular games already I reckon Cumberland, Ryan, Gibcus, Brown, Banks, Trezise, Sonsie, Clarke and Campbell have big potential. Coulthard who knows?

Reckon we'll bring in a free agent and/or a trade target who will help add ready to go talent plus I think we should look at trying to bring our future 1st forward to this year to take to the draft.

Gibcus comes straight to mind for me but we already have Taranto, Hopper, Bolton, Vlastuin, Balta, Broad, Lynch, Rioli, Baker, Short and Dusty that are A graders or thereabouts.

What we need is more Bs. Of those who are inexperienced or not getting regular games already I reckon Cumberland, Ryan, Gibcus, Brown, Banks, Trezise, Sonsie, Clarke and Campbell have big potential. Coulthard who knows?

Reckon we'll bring in a free agent and/or a trade target who will help add ready to go talent plus I think we should look at trying to bring our future 1st forward to this year to take to the draft.
Think you are onto something
It’s not star power we need atm it’s solid B grade blokes who you can rely on every week to do 90% right

Guys like Broad, Shedda, Lambert, Pickett (when he had better form and likewise for Kmac

The types that Geelong topped up with that haven’t cost the world but added a lot of experience like when they picked up Tuohy, Rohan and Smith a few years ago

The downside is that they do ultimately push a younger player out of the side so also need to recruit knowing what our kids might offer
Probably wouldn’t go for a wing since we have HRS and Banks ready to step up and really needing games but maybe another small lockdown defender, midfielder and tall forward

would trade a A+ player for 2 first-rounders.

Need an injection of young guns. We have absolutely nothing moving forward.

Bring on the rebuild
If i name names then all the old heads just lose their minds and I can't be bothered to justify why trades work in our favour

Which players do we have moving forward that show A-grade potential? Id be hard-pressed to name one
Robbing Peter to pay Paul.

You want to trade out an established A+ talent to get 2 first round picks to get in kids who may be potential A+ talent.

Robbing Peter to pay Paul.

You want to trade out an established A+ talent to get 2 first round picks to get in kids who may be potential A+ talent.
Yup if anything it actually sets the list backwards and puts the timeline for when we could be a genuine contender back from (2 - 3) seasons that it is now if everything goes alright to 5+ years and a full scorched earth rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back