List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Tiger fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

tugga you may like to sticky or merge this post, move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread.

This is probably the most likely scenario.
Probably not even that
Most players I know and have met generally can’t stand talking about footy outside the club

They see it as work and get over the same old questions and discussions
If you ever meet a footy player and want to make an impression ask about hobbies and other interests

Probably not even that
Most players I know and have met generally can’t stand talking about footy outside the club

If you ever meet a footy player and want to make an impression ask about hobbies and other interests
Damn, so when I'm on Hammo island in 2 weeks and see Dusty and Dimma at the local, I shouldnt interrupt and talk about the good old days then? :(

The problem isn’t necessarily Brown over JvR but the lack of list management to look after the known end of Jack and the aging Lynch which has heightened with injury.

There’s been no foresight in this despite being told our guys have a lab making these long term decisions.

We recruited Gibcus for KPD. Do we turn him into a KPF now? Balta? Or do we turn to Koschitzke or Tabener?

It’s decisons that should have been made years ago. We should of had a young KPF in the VFL to take over by now.

Too many unknowns with our list. Are we trying to contend or rebuild? It’s a bit of a mess. Can it be turned around? Absolutely, but we need smarter decisions to be made.
The last 2-3 drafts haven't exactly been known for absolute quality talks either

I don’t have anything against Brown, even mentioned it isn’t his fault he was picked before JVR, but we are screaming out for a key forward.

I just don’t understand why a few on here think JVR is s**t?
Because it makes defending the Brown pick easier to say JVR is poor.

As far as the Brown v JVR debate goes, there is one simple fact a lot of people forget about our drafting that we draft for talent and trade for need, its been our way for a few years now.

With those 5 picks in 2021, we took the best 5 players available. As it stands nearly 2 years later we are yet to see the best of any of them, but we have seen glimpses of what they can do and now comes the chance for them to step up and make a spot in the 22 their own moving forward.

At the same time people see JVR playing for a top 4 side and think he must be much better than the guys we picked because they're a better side. But circumstances have aided JVR as the likes of Brown Schache and McDonald have had injury and poor form force Melbourne into turning to JVR and to his credit he's done well, but again he's playing for a top 4 side, it would be a concern if he wasn't playing well.

The big unknown though is how would he have gone playing for a bottom 6 side like ours? Would he have had the same impact as he did with Melbourne? Unless Lynch plays all year I'm not sure he does, as we saw how much our forward line struggled through the majority of the year. Much like our 2021 draftees, I'd suggest we'd have seen glimpses of what he was capable of and there would still be posters questioning if we made the right decision in taking him, because just like a lot of things that involve our club, if the results aren't instantaneous then we must have messed it up.

I'm actually a bit sick of hearing how good Van Rooyen is. Perhaps take it over to the Melbourne Boards - this is Richmond.
blokes a spud

couldnt even kick one farrken goal last night to get his team a finals win against the worst minor premiership team since sliced bread

Sorry to intrude. He’s a good player. Seriously underrated but you tend to be when playing for the dockers. If you could get 15 games out of him he will kick you 30 goals.
Let me put it this way, if Tabs was playing for Melbourne last night they would have won the game.
The big question mark. as others have alluded to, is age and injuries.
He would be worth spending a 3rd rounder on if you could somehow convince lord Jedi Bell to pick up half the tab. (Easier said than done).
No no no and most definitely NO

Let me put it this way, if Tabs was playing for Melbourne last night they would have won the game.

Taking trade talk completely out of the context of this discussion.... The above is straight up facts - but having said that, you could insert many names into this and it would still be correct.

Last night was one of all the time finals chokes. It's harder to lose than win with those stats.

The problem isn’t necessarily Brown over JvR but the lack of list management to look after the known end of Jack and the aging Lynch which has heightened with injury.

There’s been no foresight in this despite being told our guys have a lab making these long term decisions.

We recruited Gibcus for KPD. Do we turn him into a KPF now? Balta? Or do we turn to Koschitzke or Tabener?

It’s decisons that should have been made years ago. We should of had a young KPF in the VFL to take over by now.

Too many unknowns with our list. Are we trying to contend or rebuild? It’s a bit of a mess. Can it be turned around? Absolutely, but we need smarter decisions to be made.
We did have plans in place for the eventual retirements of both Jack and Tom.

In 2015 drafted Mabior Chol who was a project KPF who at 26 could have been our number 2 KPF this year behind Tom, but he chased the coin at the Suns and now finds himself on the outside there. Same year we drafted Callum Moore who unfortunately didn't pan out.

In 2017 we drafted a young KPF/ruck in Callum Coleman-Jones who at 24 years old could have found himself vying with Chol for a spot in the side this year, but after 4 years of development, he also chose to chase the coin that North waved in front of him only to find himself in the VFL more often than AFL. In the same draft we took Noah Balta who had established himself in the U/18s as a CHF, before being switched to KPD during the National Champs. After a bit of to and fro, we appear to have settled him as a KPD at AFL level who can swing forward if needed.

So in 2 drafts we had recruited 4 potential KPF replacements however due to circumstances only 1 remains and he is now playing as a KPD. We also took another young ruck in 2020 in Sampson Ryan who can hopefully become one of the answers we're looking for.

The point is that we had plans for our future KPF, but patience wasn't as strong as the lure of cashing in when opposition clubs came knocking. I have no doubt that we've got plans in place to try and land the next genuine Jack/Lynch who can lead the forward line for 7-10 years at least, whether that is through the draft or trade/free agency is yet to be seen.

I'm willing to back in the club and trust the processes they have in place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably not even that

90% of the time , I have a mate also that was an early pic that fizzed , loves talking footy , ripping fella , I think he was too much of mr nice guy

I think the club said at the time they didn't want to lose both Chol and CCJ. As it's panned out neither has shown anything at their new clubs so chances are they wouldn't have made it at Richmond.
Chol kicked 44 goals last season at Suns. Would have been handy this year with Lynch down tbh. But with Chol on the list how we didn't take Oscar Allen instead of CCJ is a complete fail.

Just going out on a limb here, but I feel like the Suns might've misprofiled Wright as a ruck rather than a key fwd, and therefore played/developed as a ruck rather than a kwy fwd that also rucks.

Burgess and McLaughlin aren't in the same boat, as they're definitely key fwds, yet still didn't get look ins at AFL level.
He might not have played this season, but has played 36 in his AFL career. Role might have changed over the years, but still concerning if he can't squeeze into that team.

Jack Silvagni is likely to remain at Carlton after the Blues offered the out of contract forward/utility a two-year deal. (TheAge)

That ends that one. Only value we might have gotten out of that was seeing his mum regularly in the crowd.
I rate Bauer, think he can play that same/similar role to Silvagni.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back