List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Tiger fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

tugga you may like to sticky or merge this post, move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread.

Have we asked the question about Will Brodie?

Was absolutely killing it last year at Freo and somehow fell out of favour this year. Is still young and a VIC boy. Too similar to our other mids?

How would this be for a 22, if indeed we’re getting Kozi…

Gibcus, Balta, Broad
Vlastuin, Young, Brown
Banks, Hopper, Ross
Martin, Kozitschke, Bolton
D Rioli, Lynch, M Rioli
Nankervis, Prestia, Taranto
Baker, Short, Harmes, Brodie

emg/ Soldo, Graham, Clarke, Cumberland
If we play all three of Hopper, Prestia and Taranto onball at once we are screwed.

Another playr capable of holding down a KPD role is Tomlinson, he also adds some run from defense that we would lose if Balta shifts forward. Word is he will be traded, and he would cost eff all.

The more you look around, the more stop gap KPD's there are to allow Gibcus some time and also allow Balta to go forward.

Another playr capable of holding down a KPD role is Tomlinson, he also adds some run from defense that we would lose if Balta shifts forward. Word is he will be traded, and he would cost eff all.

The more you look around, the more stop gap KPD's there are to allow Gibcus some time and also allow Balta to go forward.
Has proven he can't hold the position, twice now!

Tomlinson is soft.

I mentioned him yesterday …. He has actually shown good form at stages …. People on this board don’t like him though lol

I mentioned him yesterday …. He has actually shown good form at stages …. People on this board don’t like him though lol
haha people on this board dont like anyone haha

haha people on this board dont like anyone haha
A 30 year old undersized key defender who is more timid than Ben Miller in the air and has fallen out of favour at two other clubs is not what we need.

If we're gonna go moneyball we need to be looking at younger players imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Young has been a find. Held his spot all year. A fit Gibcus/Balta slots into the backline. Miller is fine as KPD depth as well. Biggie still on the list too.
Broad and Grimes can play KPD giving games to Tresize, Brown, Banks. Up fwd, Lynch, Balta/Gibus + Bauer, Cumberland

A 30 year old undersized key defender who is more timid than Ben Miller in the air and has fallen out of favour at two other clubs is not what we need.

Before his last injury he was playing very good football, no shame in being behind May and Lever

Last edited:
Probably right, need to get Bolton in there more.

How we gonna find a mid with speed?
In my opinion we should rotate Cumberland and Bolton as midfield forwards. That would add midfield speed and hopefully improve Cumberlands attack v defensive pressure balance. Cumberland is seen as an X factor forward and we expect him to succeed in a role that even Dusty struggled to dominate and Bolton is a bit inconsistent at. The expectations and assessments on some players is to high or too negative. Hopefully a new coach will reassess some of our fringe players and try something new

In my opinion we should rotate Cumberland and Bolton as midfield forwards. That would add midfield speed and hopefully improve Cumberlands attack v defensive pressure balance. Cumberland is seen as an X factor forward and we expect him to succeed in a role that even Dusty struggled to dominate and Bolton is a bit inconsistent at. The expectations and assessments on some players is to high or too negative. Hopefully a new coach will reassess some of our fringe players and try something new

I think re Cumberland the improvement of defensive pressure needs to come before any switch to the midfield. I don't think you use an AFL midfield in a team hoping to contend as a training ground to help players sort their weaknesses out, that would just straight out cost you wins.

I think re Cumberland the improvement of defensive pressure needs to come before any switch to the midfield. I don't think you use an AFL midfield in a team hoping to contend as a training ground to help players sort their weaknesses out, that would just straight out cost you wins.
I don’t think Cumberland needs to improve his defensive pressure. I think he just becomes too defensive that’s why he tends to score goals early in games then offensively disappears later in games. Rotating him through the middle might be a way to reset his brain and let him score later in games

Sounds like Markov

I don’t think Cumberland needs to improve his defensive pressure. I think he just becomes too defensive that’s why he tends to score goals early in games then offensively disappears later in games. Rotating him through the middle might be a way to reset his brain and let him score later in games
He is absolutely fine defensively in the forward half. It's completely nuts the expectations on him. It's like unless defense is your sole focus as a non-KP Forward you're on the trash pile. Caddy copped the same shit. We really need fresh ideas in this club.

I don’t want no scrubs………
music video 90s GIF
Left Eye Tlc GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back