List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Tiger fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

tugga you may like to sticky or merge this post, move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread.

How did the AFL manipulate it? Essendon offer McKay a deal that puts him in the top 5% of contracts.
You should not be able to get a mid first round compo pick. If Norf made half an effort to sell Mackay on their future vision, he might not have left. They should not get rewarded for their incompetence… which seems to be the recurring theme

If you missed last nights show, here it is below!

Brief summary:
-Harmes to us is made up
-Ginnivan going to us is made up
-Lynch to Captain?
-Dusty is going nowhere, re signing / extending to smooth over $$ as we mentioned a little while ago
-Ben King is still in play as an option next year. The Dimma to Suns factor could shut that down but if he doesn't sign with the Suns we are a real show.
-Aaron Cadman is the plan B if King falls through, contracted till end of 2024.
-Kozzi this year as is now all public, wont be for pick 25 though we hope!
-Soldo / Graham chat.

I think it’s utterly s**t to be honest.
Its been something we have become synonymous with when it comes to trade season. Silence.
I see the point of view of both sides, but I would still prefer we do these interviews but just not give anything away.
I've observed how other clubs talk and very rarely do they give any insights on ongoing negotiations. I don't see why we can't just go on these shows and just give boiler plate responses. Not just to appease the likes of you and I, but the more casual fan who just wants to feel like the club is active and approachable during this time of year.

Fans have never been more interested in trade and free agency than they are right now. The club needs to look at it like an opportunity rather than a chore.

If you missed last nights show, here it is below!

Brief summary:
-Harmes to us is made up
-Ginnivan going to us is made up
-Lynch to Captain?
-Dusty is going nowhere, re signing / extending to smooth over $$ as we mentioned a little while ago
-Ben King is still in play as an option next year. The Dimma to Suns factor could shut that down but if he doesn't sign with the Suns we are a real show.
-Aaron Cadman is the plan B if King falls through, contracted till end of 2024.
-Kozzi this year as is now all public, wont be for pick 25 though we hope!
-Soldo / Graham chat.

What about the vfl players from Melbourne we were interested in did tigs end up mentioning their names?

On who's behalf? Theirs or ours?

Im more than happy for Blair and co to be away working on what they need to instead of feeding the trolls of Trade Radio
The thing is, they don't need to feed them anything. Just be available for the fans (as a group, not at an individual level) so that they can feel a part of it all. No specifics need to be provided. Just answer the questions for 10 mins every now and then is not asking too much.

Countless clubs always trot out the line "well we don't want to give too much away so I won't give specifics". It's not difficult.

Pick 3 compo for McKay to north… afl have lost the plot. Handing out compo picks like ******* lollies at a kids party.

The system is rorted. Imagine you held pick 3 and now you are trumped by this BS. Why not just give Norf a 32 premiership point handicap to start the season while they are at it?

Trust in afl hq fairness is at rock bottom. It’s so disheartening and total turn off to watch the game unfold this way. Bunch of ******* cheats
ZERO incentive to have a well run, professional organisation. AFL will put a cap on how successful you can become and actively punish you for being so. Then turn around and reward teams that have nfi what they're doing and have no supporters. It's off it's head.

Hearing that James Harmes has chosen the Bulldogs,

You should not be able to get a mid first round compo pick. If Norf made half an effort to sell Mackay on their future vision, he might not have left. They should not get rewarded for their incompetence… which seems to be the recurring theme
I agree , however I also know that should Balta leave us via Free Agency at the end of 2025, every poster on here will be demanding we get a decent compo pick in return.

Love the targets for next year but playing devil's advocate not sure how we have enough draft picks to get it done, unless we are considering bottoming out next year to get a top pick.
It's why I raised the Soldo to Port for their pick next year which is now not going to happen as they gave it to Freo already.
2 first rounders would have made it easier for us to get Cadman.
Tank, come last. Offer future 3rd. Best

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thing is, they don't need to feed them anything. Just be available for the fans (as a group, not at an individual level) so that they can feel a part of it all. No specifics need to be provided. Just answer the questions for 10 mins every now and then is not asking too much.

Countless clubs always trot out the line "well we don't want to give too much away so I won't give specifics". It's not difficult.
So I would much prefer the club website to give us more updates on that than go on things like trade radio where they are always baiting etc. In fact I think with Balmey for most parts we get ample word out of the club.

Like lets say Blair goes on Trade Radio yesterday

Reporter - "So Hawthorn have come out and said they would like something inside 25 for Koschitzke, What are your thoughts on that"

Blair - "We are in constantly in contact with the Hawks, im sure we will be able to agree on something and we are looking forward to getting Jacob to the club"

Reporter - "But Hawthorn are certain they wont accept anything under 25, is it in risk of not happening?"

And so on. Its just so utterly pointless and there to create drama where there potentially is none. Let the chef cook behind the scenes and once the deal gets done you'll get all the content you want out of the club.

There is nothing I hate more than clubs posturing and trying to use the media to pressure clubs into doing deals.

Richmond are known as a reasonable club to deal with because we don't do that bullshit in the media and id much rather my club be able to get reasonable deals done than be something like the Bombers who miss out on deals all the time using these rubbish tactics. Richmond are also a destination club where players want to come to because we treat our players well in these regards.

So I couldnt give two shits if we weren't on trade radio yesterday.

Great news

Excited Season 2 GIF by The Office

So I would much prefer the club website to give us more updates on that than go on things like trade radio where they are always baiting etc. In fact I think with Balmey for most parts we get ample word out of the club.

Like lets say Blair goes on Trade Radio yesterday

Reporter - "So Hawthorn have come out and said they would like something inside 25 for Koschitzke, What are your thoughts on that"

Blair - "We are in constantly in contact with the Hawks, im sure we will be able to agree on something and we are looking forward to getting Jacob to the club"

Reporter - "But Hawthorn are certain they wont accept anything under 25, is it in risk of not happening?"

And so on. Its just so utterly pointless and there to create drama where there potentially is none. Let the chef cook behind the scenes and once the deal gets done you'll get all the content you want out of the club.

There is nothing I hate more than clubs posturing and trying to use the media to pressure clubs into doing deals.

Richmond are known as a reasonable club to deal with because we don't do that bullshit in the media and id much rather my club be able to get reasonable deals done than be something like the Bombers who miss out on deals all the time using these rubbish tactics. Richmond are also a destination club where players want to come to because we treat our players well in these regards.

So I couldnt give two shits if we weren't on trade radio yesterday.
If we got updates via the website then I'd agree but a wrap up after the trade period doesn't cut the mustard, which is what we normally get.

I just think there needs to be more to appease the fan base during this time. I understand your point of view though.

If we got updates via the website then I'd agree but a wrap up after the trade period doesn't cut the mustard, which is what we normally get.

I just think there needs to be more to appease the fan base during this time. I understand your point of view though.
Yep agreed. I actually think the club could and should do a lot more on the website to appease fans and the best thing about doing it on our own platform is its controlled and we can get the message out we want to get out there.

I’ve been away all morning who have we got? Harmes? Vaginaman? Kosi? The Doozy?
IMG_20230930_165826150.jpg
So glad we are doing absolutely zilch this trade and draft period.

It's like I have an extra month this year to get things done.

Very smart by Oozy to stay with same group first year. We make finals he looks like a God.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back