Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Jagga Smith too sleight? You can't deny footy IQ and clean disposal. Hopefully his body can be built out a bit more. Looking likke Taj Hotton will make a run for top 5.

Jagga Smith is very much in the Connor Rozee mould

A pretty good outing for Smillie. In a scrappy game in which players struggled to execute their skills at a high level, Smillie stood out with his clean hands and for the most part neat disposal.

Looks very clean. 190+cm and that good below his knees is just insane.

So which teams might be willing to trade down for their F/S or academy picks? Carlton (Camporeale twins) Brisbane (Ashcroft) ... I think the Suns also have another academy kid?
Would be awesome to get a couple of late first rounders (you'd expect Carlton & Brisbane to be top 8) with our 2nd and 3rd rounders.
Adelaide have a F/S (Tyler Welsh) but they might be able to take their pick before they are forced to match. Gold Coast have three picks in the top 20 and their academy kid (Leonardo Lombard) could go top 5, so they are a prime trade up candidate

Trainor was deservedly named best on ground in this game for the AFL Academy. He wasnt flawless, but showed his strength in the air and on the ground as well as his intelligent judgement in when to leave his man to impact third up or run off to create for his team.

- Looks like its taking longer than usual to process up to HD, give it a few mins if that matters to you.

Trainor was deservedly named best on ground in this game for the AFL Academy. He wasnt flawless, but showed his strength in the air and on the ground as well as his intelligent judgement in when to leave his man to impact third up or run off to create for his team.

- Looks like its taking longer than usual to process up to HD, give it a few mins if that matters to you.

If you take requests, could you please do Lombard and Hotton?

If you take requests, could you please do Lombard and Hotton?
To pry lombard away from the Suns you'll have go full godfather and make them an offer they cant refuse.

But yes I'll be doing both their games this week. I typically dont post the academy and father sons on other teams boards as most people arent interested.

What if we loaded up on picks and it turns out to be a s**t draft crop? More than half of the top ten talent could be off the table due to f/s and academies by the sounds of it.
Any year can be a shit draft crop, you don't know until years later.

We might be smart to get a good hand this year, but also see if we can get a future 1st in the bank too from another club might not be a bad idea.

To pry lombard away from the Suns you'll have go full godfather and make them an offer they cant refuse.

But yes I'll be doing both their games this week. I typically dont post the academy and father sons on other teams boards as most people arent interested.
I know we have no chance of Lombard but just want to see how he stacks up against the others, the higher he goes in the draft the better it is for us since we are looking to bundle up picks and move up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Over the next few years we need to draft Mids & KPP only, no more flankers. Especially with Tassie coming in, we need to get into the draft as much as possible. Then when Tassie enter we can target free agency & use what ever picks we manage to scrounge when Tassie take the majority of the draft picks.
And ffs no 5”8 small forwards , fair dinkum if we draft one in MSD , I’ll lose my shit and also full scale SAS medicals need to be passed , none of this bs sore back on sick leave as soon as they’re drafted or perma hammy injuries, it’s nothing but a rort and it needs to be stopped

And ffs no 5”8 small forwards , fair dinkum if we draft one in MSD , I’ll lose my s**t and also full scale SAS medicals need to be passed , none of this bs sore back on sick leave as soon as they’re drafted or perma hammy injuries, it’s nothing but a rort and it needs to be stopped
I would have no issue with

Mohammed YASSINE​

I suspect we ll take 3 pics , with our 3rd possibly , tho is he better equipped than coult who is battling to play above the VFL level . I’d like to think we can take someone like Carmichael a couple a seasons back
When we drafted Liam Baker i actually said the exact same thing

I like Coulthard and i think he will come good and missed abit with injury over the preseason i believe
We will also be short 1 with Cumberlands delisting

#29 Josh Smillie (Eastern Ranges)
Midfielder/Defender | 194cm | 17/05/2006

Smillie’s movement and skill for a 194cm player are through the roof, and he showed out in his midfield-defence rotation on Saturday. The Academy’s captain used his big frame to crash in at the contest, but was also polished with ball in hand and composed in traffic. Smillie also got on his bike with some handy running forays and combined well with teammates. His only poor moment was an unnecessary 50-metre penalty he conceded in the third quarter, for a free kick he didn’t give away.

#30 Luke Trainor (Sandringham Dragons)
Tall Defender | 194cm | 10/04/2006

Voted best afield by the Academy coaches, Trainor was head and shoulders above the rest during the first half – in more ways than one. His intercept marking was a highlight, leaping strongly and taking the ball with one grab on several occasions. Trainor’s reading of the play and closing speed were useful in such instances, as was his composure under physical contact. The latter trait was evident with his disposal, as the tall defender distributed the ball beautifully by foot and was incredibly reliable on the kick-ins. A top 10 prospect in the making.

#31 Taj Hotton (Sandringham Dragons)
Forward/Wing | 182cm | 17/06/2006

One of three initial injury replacements, Hotton was among the Academy’s most lively players. He rotated from the wing to forward line, helping his side connect between the arcs and getting busy inside 50 with 2.2 from 16 disposals. His turn of foot gave Coburg headaches and the energy he injected to each play was eye-catching. Hotton’s ground level craft shone, but he was also terrific overhead and dynamic around goal. Both of his majors were converted over the mark – in terms two and four – he looks a natural forward.

big yes to smillie, love jagga smith but the footage vs coburg sold me even further

if only baker was a free agent so we could scam the free agency for a second pick, then i'd want both unless there's a gun KPF but as far as i'm aware there's no kings/juhs

The most important Trade and Draft period for the future of this club. I don't envy BH and the team.
I'm sure they'll pull it off though.
You might say Tasmania are closer to winning a premiership the. What Richmond are right now.

Hypothetical here
Let's say lions finish 3rd this year
There first pick is 16 worth 1,067 points
How many more points do we need above 1,067 points
To make it worth lions trading pick 16 to us
If we traded pick 24 + 42 +50 =1,470 for pick 16
Is this to much or not enough the difference is 403 points
Around pick 42

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back