Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am staying the course with Lalor, massive upside IMO and mids that can go forward and kick goals combined with burst from stoppage are GOLD!
Lets see him back in Coates with his match fitness improved. He's the main one that can join the 4 I posted above but they've got more runs on the board either this year or previous years. Travaglia playing midfield at Coates could push too.

Lets see him back in Coates with his match fitness improved. He's the main one that can join the 4 I posted above but they've got more runs on the board either this year or previous years. Travaglia playing midfield at Coates could push too.
Good call re Travaglia, he could be the bolter ( not that isn’t already highly rated).
If he blitzes at the combine re speed, athleticism and as you mention continues to play mid , he’ll be an enticing prospect.

Would like to know the best performed players for metres gained over the carnival, he’d have to be right up there

I am staying the course with Lalor, massive upside IMO and mids that can go forward and kick goals combined with burst from stoppage are GOLD!
Half way through the 2nd Q yesterday, he was looking the goods, taking pack marks, winning clearances, kicking goals, laying big tackles.
After that he must have run out of juice, probably a fitness issue after missing so much football, maybe managing the groin issues?

I left Marvel yesterday pretty bullish about the quality of the draft.

I've been a bit flat that there is no standout number 1 pick, but I'm now changing my way of thinking and focussing on the fact that we could get a few really handy players with our later picks (late 1st/ early 2nd round picks.)

For some reason, Jagga Smith is criminally underrated on this forum. I'm not sure why. He's slight but he works his backside off, uses the ball well, and finds it at will. Have a look at some of the best mids in the competition at the moment.. Merrett, Daicos, Neale, Butters.. all relatively small but incredibly nimble and know how to get in and out of traffic.

I'd be happy with either Smillie or Jagga with our first pick (hoping this extends to FOS too by the time we get to draft night.)

A few others i'm really excited by and could get them later in the first round:
  • Harvey Langford. I can't not see Josh Kelly when watching him play.
  • Murphy Reid. Smart footballer who makes things happen, would start as a half forward but evolve into a mid i think.
  • Isaac Kako. Has speed and applies manic pressure but he is also deadly in front of goal. I feel like our smalls at the moment are good pressure players but lack the finishing class. He doesnt.
  • Xavier Lindsay. Dominated yesterday and was the first real time i've thought Wow! Uses it really well and could slot into a Wing/ HB role pretty quickly (especially if there are a couple of vacant spots next year....)

Finally, I think it's worth touching on the Key Position market which I think is as strong as we've seen in many a year. I think there's a bunch of 4-5 Key Forwards who could really develop into good AFL players in time:
  • Jobe Shanahan
  • Harry Armstrong
  • Jonty Faull
  • Jack / Matt Whitlock
  • Tom Sims

Excited for the next 6 weeks.. hopefully we see a bit more out of our kids and no more injuries.. then a huge off season where we reload.

I left Marvel yesterday pretty bullish about the quality of the draft.

I've been a bit flat that there is no standout number 1 pick, but I'm now changing my way of thinking and focussing on the fact that we could get a few really handy players with our later picks (late 1st/ early 2nd round picks.)

For some reason, Jagga Smith is criminally underrated on this forum. I'm not sure why. He's slight but he works his backside off, uses the ball well, and finds it at will. Have a look at some of the best mids in the competition at the moment.. Merrett, Daicos, Neale, Butters.. all relatively small but incredibly nimble and know how to get in and out of traffic.

I'd be happy with either Smillie or Jagga with our first pick (hoping this extends to FOS too by the time we get to draft night.)

A few others i'm really excited by and could get them later in the first round:
  • Harvey Langford. I can't not see Josh Kelly when watching him play.
  • Murphy Reid. Smart footballer who makes things happen, would start as a half forward but evolve into a mid i think.
  • Isaac Kako. Has speed and applies manic pressure but he is also deadly in front of goal. I feel like our smalls at the moment are good pressure players but lack the finishing class. He doesnt.
  • Xavier Lindsay. Dominated yesterday and was the first real time i've thought Wow! Uses it really well and could slot into a Wing/ HB role pretty quickly (especially if there are a couple of vacant spots next year....)

Finally, I think it's worth touching on the Key Position market which I think is as strong as we've seen in many a year. I think there's a bunch of 4-5 Key Forwards who could really develop into good AFL players in time:
  • Jobe Shanahan
  • Harry Armstrong
  • Jonty Faull
  • Jack / Matt Whitlock
  • Tom Sims

Excited for the next 6 weeks.. hopefully we see a bit more out of our kids and no more injuries.. then a huge off season where we reload.
Great to see the talls shine
Armstrongs pack making was a highlight
And this supposedly the draft thin on kpps

Great to see the talls shine
Armstrongs pack making was a highlight
And this supposedly the draft thin on kpps
We haver to grab one of them for sure, and nail it.

Who do you like
I like Faull due to the way he competes, but I dont know enough about any of them to be honest. Whoever we get though, must be a competitive beast IMO. Placid KP forwards dont make it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would have to consider. Draper is the one I currently want though.
Agreed.Draper performing against men has my vote although lets wait and see how Jagga goes in our vfl side and i assume others will get ago at other vfl sides over the next month.

Just leave and go to another club if you can’t handle the heat, you will be doing us all a favour. The only ass licker around here is you.

How am i not handling it? I'm still here bro. Talking at yo jackasses and calling you all out with logic and facts and ya'll sitting there stalking me around the joint like....

rage comic me gusta GIF

Xavier Lindsay showed why he should be locked in as a first round pick with an outstanding performance in the biggest game of this years Champs series. He played on a wing in the first half of the game and showed he has all the attributes and positional knowledge to thrive there, working up and back, finding a stack of the footy and apply immense defensive pressure. He played more onball in the second half where he was effective and competitive. He did have a few costly turnovers, but also some key moments of quality with ball in hand.

At this risk of being absolutely potted, thought I’d provide my top 30 at the conclusion of the champs having paid additional attention for this years draft crop.

1. Finn O’Sullivan
  2. Josh Smillie
  3. Levi Ashcroft (Brisbane F/S)
  4. Luke Trainor
  5. Murphy Reid
  6. Sid Draper
  7. Leo Lombard (Suns Academy)
  8. Harvey Langford
  9. Jagga Smith
  10. Bo Allen
  11. Taj Hotton
  12. Jobe Shanahan
  13. Tobie Tavagolia
  14. Christian Moreas
  15. Sam Marshall (Brisbane Academy)
  16. Josh Murphy
  17. Harry Armstrong
  18. Harry O’Farrell
  19. Tyler Welsh (Adelaide F/S)
  20. Isaac Kako
  21. Sam Lalor
  22. Ben Camporeale (Carlton F/S)
  23. Malachi Champion
  24. Xavier Lindsay
  25. Jonty Faull
  26. Joe Berry
  27. Cooper Hynes
  28. Tim Gross
  29. Zak Johnston
  30. Harry Oliver
Have at it.

At this risk of being absolutely potted, thought I’d provide my top 30 at the conclusion of the champs having paid additional attention for this years draft crop.

1. Finn O’Sullivan
  2. Josh Smillie
  3. Levi Ashcroft (Brisbane F/S)
  4. Luke Trainor
  5. Murphy Reid
  6. Sid Draper
  7. Leo Lombard (Suns Academy)
  8. Harvey Langford
  9. Jagga Smith
  10. Bo Allen
  11. Taj Hotton
  12. Jobe Shanahan
  13. Tobie Tavagolia
  14. Christian Moreas
  15. Sam Marshall (Brisbane Academy)
  16. Josh Murphy
  17. Harry Armstrong
  18. Harry O’Farrell
  19. Tyler Welsh (Adelaide F/S)
  20. Isaac Kako
  21. Sam Lalor
  22. Ben Camporeale (Carlton F/S)
  23. Malachi Champion
  24. Xavier Lindsay
  25. Jonty Faull
  26. Joe Berry
  27. Cooper Hynes
  28. Tim Gross
  29. Zak Johnston
  30. Harry Oliver
Have at it.
Finn is going to have to get a wriggle on to go at no 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back