Game Day U18 National Championships - Allies v Vic Country Sunday July 7th 10.35am

Remove this Banner Ad

Cannot justify Smillie on a top 3 pick based off his carnival, very risky pick
Very open pick 1 imo, there’s no real standout
Everyone saying Snillie or O’Sullivan, but let’s see how much that changes between now and the draft.
After watching today super keen to grab a tall inside top 20

Geez very unerwellming is this crop.
No real standouts.
A lot of players I would rate between 15 to 25.
I don't see the smille love.
I would take lalor or sims before him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard a little whisper today that Smillie has been carrying an injury the last month.
Didnt get any info on what it is though.
DontwannaplayforRichmondorNorfitis I believe

secret smell GIF

Travaglia exceptionally unlucky with a questionable free kick and ridiculous game-defining 50m penalty to lose the match.

I've seen enough - Welcome to Tigerland Tobie Travaglia.
Looked the standout player in that first half. He’s only going to put on size and get stronger. You’d think he still has plenty of development left in him.
Recruiters love this type, because they know he’s a very good player now, but could be anything in 3 or 4 years.

After watching the champs I've decided that I want Jagga Smith or Sid Draper as our first pick, even if it's pick 1. IMO humble opinion these 2 offer are the type of players we're missing in our midfield mix.

Smith is a smooth mover who knows how to find the footy and when he gets it generally uses it well by taking the right option. He also has the ability to follow up and can be involved multiple times in the same chain of possession.

Draper is a different beast with his ability to win the footy in close and explode away from the contest, while also having an appetite for the defensive side of the game.

For mine either one would slot in perfectly alongside Taranto Hopper McAullife in 2025.

After watching the champs I've decided that I want Jagga Smith or Sid Draper as our first pick, even if it's pick 1. IMO humble opinion these 2 offer are the type of players we're missing in our midfield mix.

Smith is a smooth mover who knows how to find the footy and when he gets it generally uses it well by taking the right option. He also has the ability to follow up and can be involved multiple times in the same chain of possession.

Draper is a different beast with his ability to win the footy in close and explode away from the contest, while also having an appetite for the defensive side of the game.

For mine either one would slot in perfectly alongside Taranto Hopper McAullife in 2025.

I just got home from the G, but went to Marvel and want to watch the tape before I say too much.

But I just told tigs2010 exactly that. Jagga Smith and Draper are my top two wants. Jagga today (not just today but seeing him live against the best) reminded me of Nick Daicos how he covers the field, gets on the move at stoppages and just makes things happen. His body is an issue but, we are seeing these small players come in and dominate.

Draper is back to his last years form and he is back with a bullet. Exactly the type of mid we need. Skills are off the charts.

I just got home from the G, but went to Marvel and want to watch the tape before I say too much.

But I just told tigs2010 exactly that. Jagga Smith and Draper are my top two wants. Jagga today (not just today but seeing him live against the best) reminded me of Nick Daicos how he covers the field, gets on the move at stoppages and just makes things happen. His body is an issue but, we are seeing these small players come in and dominate.

Draper is back to his last years form and he is back with a bullet. Exactly the type of mid we need. Skills are off the charts.
Compared Smith to Daicos in terms of movement and style of play a while back.

I still maintain, despite FOS and Smilie and Lalor letting everyone down with their performances today, they will be the names mentioned at the top of the order.

There’s Coates League and Finals still to come, Jagga plays for a poor side, I think those others will have more of a chance to further impress.

I think FOS at his best has the most complete game of all the draftees, but of Cotchin mixed with Sam Walsh, but, he’s gotta get himself right. He's underdone but as a learned person told me, it was only a finger injury 😂- so I expected after his last quarter last game, he would do what he does in big games and dominate. Watching from the ground, he was very disappointing.

Positives are, there is about twenty blokes who can be top 10. What a ****ing draft. From the Travaglia’s to the Kako’s to the Reid’s to the Langford’s to the Faull’s this draft has so many talented players. Thats just in Victoria!

If you don’t think this is the draft to get 4-5-6 picks inside 20-25, I can’t help you.

This is a beauty of a draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day U18 National Championships - Allies v Vic Country Sunday July 7th 10.35am

Remove this Banner Ad

Back