Trade Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hall gone to the dogs

I want Hall to stay for 2yrs at the Swans too, I was just wondering if the ox was gonna be the doggies forward coach again, I was just interested in his comments!

Anything Ox said is likely BS. He probably has some hard earned on Hall staying at the Swans and wants to get the odds to swing in his favour by telling people he will be at the dogs.

Anything Ox said is likely BS. He probably has some hard earned on Hall staying at the Swans and wants to get the odds to swing in his favour by tellilng people he will be at the dogs.

haha, fair enough, I thought hed given up the punt..:thumbsu:

i quite like the idea of having an outside player like farren ray come to the swans. but it couldn't just be a straight swap.

i posted this trade option on the bulldogs board, but haven't heard back about it ... what do you swans guys think?

judging by previous efforts, ill probably be slaughtered.

we give the dogs Hall and Ted Richards (because for them to be a genuine threat, they need another player to take a 3rd forward).

they give us Farren Ray, Andrejs Everitt and a 2nd/3rd rounder.

i quite like the idea of having an outside player like farren ray come to the swans. but it couldn't just be a straight swap.

i posted this trade option on the bulldogs board, but haven't heard back about it ... what do you swans guys think?

judging by previous efforts, ill probably be slaughtered.

we give the dogs Hall and Ted Richards (because for them to be a genuine threat, they need another player to take a 3rd forward).

We drafted D O'Keefe, he's our Farren Ray, only with better disposal.

I'd happily swap Hall for Everitt.

But since Hall is under contract and A. Ireland says he's staying and that we have no interest in Ray the discussion is fairly pointless. :)

Richards will become more valuable to us when Leo goes at the end of next year so I see no point in giving him up. Also, Ray has never struck me as a player who will make it at the top level. Hopefully DOK or Meredith can fill that type of outside running player for us in coming years.

But since Hall is under contract and A. Ireland says he's staying and that we have no interest in Ray the discussion is fairly pointless. :)

I don't know much about D O'Keefe, so I'm happy to see him develop instead. But its something we should fast-track because I think we need someone on a wing who can be an outside mid.

I suggested on the Dogs board a Hall-for-Everitt deal, and we get a second or third round pick too (I think tha was my deal) but I got dismissed.
I know the Dogs rate Everitt but he's hardly proven and finished the season in the VFL (even though I think he's a gun).

At the Brownlow, they mentioned the dogs had the same kitman for about 40 years. The longest serving kitman in the AFL

He is obviously pretty useful, maybe we can trade our only power forward for him ?

Maybe we can give them our pick 12 as compensation.

I like to see kerr in swans colours next year, but giving up hall or o'keefe really weakens our fowards half. from the side that lost to the bulldogs,O'loughin, Playfair, Bird, Grundy ,Barlow plus a group of youngsters ready to step up (everrit the only loss) we've got enough depth to stay top 8. So rather then waste alot on Kerr i'd rather we targeted Ben Mclynn or Matt Rosa, younger fringe players who are ready to step up and develop with the rest of our young group.

Hmmm, the difference is that Kerr wants a long contract, while Judd refused to sign for more than two years at a time.

Kerr wants to stay, but just can't get the terms he wants. Judd wanted out.

Big difference.

Yeah, massive difference.
One of your fellow West Coast fans has a sign-off quote of Judd's dated mid-2007 saying he wanted to stay in Perth.
That's what Kerr is saying.
That's close enough for me, the signing or non-signing is not what I was talking about at all.

Don't be a pedantic fckwit on this board.

Yeah, massive difference.
One of your fellow West Coast fans has a sign-off quote of Judd's dated mid-2007 saying he wanted to stay in Perth.
That's what Kerr is saying.
That's close enough for me, the signing or non-signing is not what I was talking about at all.
So everytime a player says, "I'm happy where I am and don't want to leave," we should assume he's lying and wants to leave because of what happened with Judd?

Yeah - that makes sense.

Kerr's situation is very different to Judd's. Kerr is contracted. Judd wasn't. Kerr wants to stay. Judd didn't.

The only thing in common is that they both said they had no plans to leave. Hardly a smoking gun.

Don't be a pedantic fckwit on this board.
Excuse me?

If you can't handle having someone respond to your posts, don't post in the first place.

So everytime a player says, "I'm happy where I am and don't want to leave," we should assume he's lying and wants to leave because of what happened with Judd?

Yeah - that makes sense.

Kerr's situation is very different to Judd's. Kerr is contracted. Judd wasn't. Kerr wants to stay. Judd didn't.

The only thing in common is that they both said they had no plans to leave. Hardly a smoking gun.

Excuse me?

If you can't handle having someone respond to your posts, don't post in the first place.

And the ONLY thing I said was that Kerr was saying the same as Judd.

I can handle people posting responses to threads if they're a worthwile contribution.
As is your wont, goose, you tried to make out that I'd said something totally inaccurate.
I got annoyed and pointed at that you were splitting the microscopic fibres running along the length of a hair.

To summarise: in mid-07 Judd said he wanted to stay in Perth. In mid-08, Kerr is saying the same thing. You said something about Judd not signing for two years. I hadn't mentioned that.

AND, just to further explain my umbrage, I've read your posts before, you're a master of going round in ever-decreasing circles until disappearing up your own ring.
Yes, I've plagiarised, I think, Spike Milligan, and I don't care.
Don't come on this board with your attempts at cheap point-scoring. What I said originally didn't actually warrant you commenting at all.

And the ONLY thing I said was that Kerr was saying the same as Judd.
Well, that's only significant is you're suggesting there could be a similar outcome.

Otherwise, why point it out?

I can handle people posting responses to threads if they're a worthwile contribution.
As is your wont, goose, you tried to make out that I'd said something totally inaccurate.
I got annoyed and pointed at that you were splitting the microscopic fibres running along the length of a hair.
Splitting micorscopic fibres?

That's bullshit.

There are significant differences between Kerr's situation and Judd's i.e Kerr is contracted and wants to stay.

If you don't think those are major differences, you're kidding yourself.

To summarise: in mid-07 Judd said he wanted to stay in Perth. In mid-08, Kerr is saying the same thing.
So what?

Should we assume that Kerr is going to leave because Judd ended up going after making similar comments?

AND, just to further explain my umbrage, I've read your posts before, you're a master of going round in ever-decreasing circles until disappearing up your own ring.
If you say so.

I just think you're drawing a spurious connection between the Kerr situation and the Judd situation.

Don't come on this board with your attempts at cheap point-scoring. What I said originally didn't actually warrant you commenting at all.
Er, I can comment if I choose to.

And, as I said, I think you're drawing a link that is pretty erroneous.

You're ultra-defensive - I think it's unnecessary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, that's only significant is you're suggesting there could be a similar outcome.

Otherwise, why point it out?

Splitting micorscopic fibres?

That's bullshit.

There are significant differences between Kerr's situation and Judd's i.e Kerr is contracted and wants to stay.

If you don't think those are major differences, you're kidding yourself.

So what?

Should we assume that Kerr is going to leave because Judd ended up going after making similar comments?

If you say so.

I just think you're drawing a spurious connection between the Kerr situation and the Judd situation.

Er, I can comment if I choose to.

And, as I said, I think you're drawing a link that is pretty erroneous.

You're ultra-defensive - I think it's unnecessary.

I don't give a tinker's cuss what you think. Your comments are unnecessary.

Here, trade on this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJh1BfjIaXs

Re: Chris Egan

No way would I draft Egan.He is a gifted player,no doubt, but his behaviour is a little wanting.I have seen him around and he thinks he's a classic FIGJAM!!!!!

Re: Chris Egan

I have seen him around and he thinks he's a classic FIGJAM!!!!!

I don't know Egan well enough, in a football sense, to pass judgement on if the Swans should make a play for him or not, but if he's only downside is the above, my only comment would be the constant adulation from the B & W morons could easily have that effect on a young fella.

Wouldn't be prepared to trade our 2nd rounder for that.

Maybe ROK + 4th rounder for 1st rounder + Lovett.

I can't believe what some people here would be willing to accept. Essendon would have to do much better than McPhee or Lovett if they want to get their hands on O'Keefe. The man just had a super year and is very consistent, plus he still has atleast 4 years left at the top level.

well matthews and everitt retired. i wouldn't be surprised if fosdike was either delisted or traded for a low draft pick.

There wont be to many clubs lining up for Fosdike. He was used as trade bait a few years back and there was very little interest in him then. Even though he is a premiership player, I think you would be lucky to get a third rounder for him.

There wont be to many clubs lining up for Fosdike. He was used as trade bait a few years back and there was very little interest in him then. Even though he is a premiership player, I think you would be lucky to get a third rounder for him.

realistically that could be an option

love for him to stay... but can't really see him figuring into the top 22 very much in the next few years

he may be given away just to continue his afl career

What are people's though on Nick Dal Santo? He has been a much maligned player at the Saints. Yes he donest win much of the hard ball but thats not his role. His role is to receive and deliver. His kicking efficiency is amongst the eilte in the AFL and I rate him quite highly. It would take much less to get a Dal Santo than it woulde to get a Kerr. He is more durable than Kerr and his disciplinary record is outstanding.

Thoughts?

What are people's though on Nick Dal Santo? He has been a much maligned player at the Saints. Yes he donest win much of the hard ball but thats not his role. His role is to receive and deliver. His kicking efficiency is amongst the eilte in the AFL and I rate him quite highly. It would take much less to get a Dal Santo than it woulde to get a Kerr. He is more durable than Kerr and his disciplinary record is outstanding.

Thoughts?

be realistic!

there's no way we're getting dal santo.... a trade will never happen... better off, lets chase buddy

the only reason we talk about about kerr... is because we see blood

there's no reason for the saints to get rid of nicky dal... or for him to leave voluntarily

be realistic!

there's no way we're getting dal santo.... a trade will never happen... better off, lets chase buddy

the only reason we talk about about kerr... is because we see blood

there's no reason for the saints to get rid of nicky dal... or for him to leave voluntarily

Of course he wont leave voluntarily.

But don't be suprised if his name is mentioned is discussions next week. The talk is that they might offload him for an early first rounder. Hence, if available, he would be a great aquisition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back