Trade Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Lovett plus Hislop would get the deal done instantly but I would not do that for your 1st rounder. Hislop is a former top 20 pick from 2006 superdraft. Has ben injured (what's new:rolleyes:) and has queries over his attitude. We may well be looking to trade him. Tough inside mid. Steady pace, not express but certainly has grunt.

Instantly? Is this the same Hislop that your own supporters say is rubbish?

Hello Dud.

Straight swap of 1st rounder would be great but unlikely as it would be slightly overpaying for Lovett. Hence why I threw in our 3rd rounder. Hoping to get an extra 1st rounder to perhaps snare Trengrove.

I know Lovett plus Hislop would get the deal done instantly but I would not do that for your 1st rounder. Hislop is a former top 20 pick from 2006 superdraft. Has ben injured (what's new:rolleyes:) and has queries over his attitude. We may well be looking to trade him. Tough inside mid. Steady pace, not express but certainly has grunt.

You can keep both mediocre players thanks.

If you're going to come onto another team board and post crap - in a pompous manner like this - expect to be told where to go.

Quite apart from the fact even Bombers fans think both players have attitude issues, what do you honestly think Hislop will add to the Swans list that we don't already have in abundance?

Lovett has some appeal purely from a playing style because he does have pace - one of the things the Swans could do with adding. But if you think he's going to snare you a 1st round pick - with or without any bits and pieces thrown in - you're probably going to be disappointed. Late second or early third round pick is probably the best he's going to attract. If someone wants him enough.

I can see Schmidt and 3rd rounder for Lovett.

Not a bad deal both ways.

Essendon get a ready to go 4 years in the system inside midfielder they need and the Swans pick up the outside midfielder they need.

Because O'Loughlin and Hall are nearing the end of their careers and we lack good, young KP prostects for the future.

I must have been on drugs when I posted this. Yeah we definately need to look at exiting young tall forwards in the next draft. The suggestion I made was as silly as the idea that Collingwood tank to get draft picks when they have had one really bad year that netted Thomas and Penldes but other than that just about every other year have gotten the maximum out of our list.

Some of the trade offers I have read from Essendon supporters as farcicle as they are don't surprise me in the slightest. I have felt it my duty to lay the boots in to any Essendon support gasping at the air of false hope while they languish at the bottom of the ladder year after year. (4 years and counting).

So that is why I come onto a Swans board to fulfil my duties to right the wrongs of Essendon false hope. Hislop and Lovett is an absolute disgusting trade, and I thought the Magna Zobamski analogy was quite an accurate summation of how Swans supporters must feel about this.

Thanks for your support paddywackers. Of course this trade would never happen but what would you say for a straight swap with ROK and neon leon?

Thanks for your support paddywackers. Of course this trade would never happen but what would you say for a straight swap with ROK and neon leon?

No because Leon Davis is approaching career best form. Some of his performances at the end of the year were outstanding. And he is now playing midfield exactly what we need. O'Keefe is a HFF and is something Collingwood have an abundance of. Yes Davis plays in the forward line too.

Also, Collingwood supporters are quite attached to Leon Davis and many would be outraged at and such trade. He is untouchable.

Some of the trade offers I have read from Essendon supporters as farcicle as they are don't surprise me in the slightest. I have felt it my duty to lay the boots in to any Essendon support gasping at the air of false hope while they languish at the bottom of the ladder year after year. (4 years and counting).

So that is why I come onto a Swans board to fulfil my duties to right the wrongs of Essendon false hope. Hislop and Lovett is an absolute disgusting trade, and I thought the Magna Zobamski analogy was quite an accurate summation of how Swans supporters must feel about this.

"Farcicle" - the name given to a type of icicle formed when post-shower moisture is frozen around the arse by a particularly cold fart. Very rare.

Sorry Paddy, just being foolish. You're a good poster, welcome here, especially when dumping on the Essendon idiots who equate ROK with Andrew Lovett.

Carry on the good work, just ignore me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some news:

Brett Kirk and the Swans leadership group met Andrew Lovett in Sydney on Monday and strongly encouraged him to make the move north.
The Swans are now seen to head the race for Lovett.
Apparently, Sydney has also expressed interest in Brent Stanton, while Essendon is stepping up its bid to lure ROK.

And just to add: Lovett and ROK are now managed by the same company.

Some news:

Brett Kirk and the Swans leadership group met Andrew Lovett in Sydney on Monday and strongly encouraged him to make the move north.
The Swans are now seen to head the race for Lovett.
Apparently, Sydney has also expressed interest in Brent Stanton, while Essendon is stepping up its bid to lure ROK.

And just to add: Lovett and ROK are now managed by the same company.
What would Sydney be prepared to give up for Stanton?

Looks like Sydney are very keen on Lovett too. Would be a valuable addition to the team though his inconsistency can be very frustrating.

If ROK goes to Essendon, that would be the next best thing to him staying. I could team up my laughing at the spuds with laughing at the turncoat. I was wondering how I would fill the void left by Shannon Grant.

If you're going to come onto another team board and post crap - in a pompous manner like this - expect to be told where to go.

Quite apart from the fact even Bombers fans think both players have attitude issues, what do you honestly think Hislop will add to the Swans list that we don't already have in abundance?

Lovett has some appeal purely from a playing style because he does have pace - one of the things the Swans could do with adding. But if you think he's going to snare you a 1st round pick - with or without any bits and pieces thrown in - you're probably going to be disappointed. Late second or early third round pick is probably the best he's going to attract. If someone wants him enough.
You would do that deal I suggested. Hislop didn't play much at all this year but his one very good game was againt you.

Hislop is a hard inside midfielder that was highly rated in the 06 draft. Due to injury he hasn't played much. Question marks over attitude but plenty of potential. Pick 20 he went. I think we will get a much better deal then a late 2nd rounder for Lovett. You guys seem interested so we'll see what you offer;) Highly doubt we'd do straight swap for your 2nd rounder which is what you seem to think.

You would do that deal I suggested. Hislop didn't play much at all this year but his one very good game was againt you.

Lovett is a hard inside midfielder that was highly rated in the 06 draft. Due to injury he hasn't played much. Question marks over attitude but plenty of potential. Pick 20 he went. I think we will get a much better deal then a late 2nd rounder for Lovett. You guys seem interested so we'll see what you offer;) Highly doubt we'd do straight swap for your 2nd rounder which is what you seem to think.

Since when has Lovett been a "hard inside" anything???

Lovett is a hard inside midfielder that was highly rated in the 06 draft. Due to injury he hasn't played much. Question marks over attitude but plenty of potential. Pick 20 he went. I think we will get a much better deal then a late 2nd rounder for Lovett. You guys seem interested so we'll see what you offer;) Highly doubt we'd do straight swap for your 2nd rounder which is what you seem to think.
Yeah, stellar game in which you guys got smashed.

Lovett isn't a 'hard' inside mid, he's a converted small forward who's been playing in the midfield. Dream on.

I'm not sure exactly where, I just know it is.
Or is about to be.
I think you posted something about Barry Hall and the Dogs rumours the night before it came out in the papers. You have connections within the media?

I think you posted something about Barry Hall and the Dogs rumours the night before it came out in the papers. You have connections within the media?

I think a Melbourne fan, of all people, posted the first thing about Hall and the Dogs - about 2-3 weeks before it hit the media.

And to answer your question: Sort of. I know someone who does have connections.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back