Trade Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeff White

Worth a punt??
If Everett goe i'd say the Swans should pick him up!
What do you guys think??

Re: Jeff White

Nope. Next year should be used to push Currie into as many games as possible. Perhaps we'll still go out and recruit another ruckman to cover our bases as Orreal is not yet ready, but not someone like White.

If he was delisted and we could pick him up for nothing then maybe I'd be interested in him as cover if one of Jolly or Currie go down but he's not worth trading for IMO. Our focus has to be on rebuilding and I doubt there will be many clubs if any interested in his services next season.

Worth a punt??
If Everett goe i'd say the Swans should pick him up!
What do you guys think??

If Spida goes (hope not:() then I would definately try for White. Great player, cant believe the Dees are giving him the flick - but then again, they got rid of Jolly too and look how well he is going.

If Spida goes (hope not:() then I would definately try for White. Great player, cant believe the Dees are giving him the flick - but then again, they got rid of Jolly too and look how well he is going.

Whites a decent ruckman but has been nowhere near what he once was since the introduction of the centre circle. This year he's gone back even further IMO.

Er, Spida NEEDS to go. If he stays on I'll slap him silly.

Re: Andrew Lovett?

If our recruiting staff was watching that game today they would already have a big read cross through his name. He did not play like a player looking for another club and was bloody awful.

His kicking was poor and his run he gives the side is grossly overrated. No defensive side to his game either. Actually on that game not even worth a number 90 swap.

If our recruiting staff was watching that game today they would already have a big read cross through his name. He did not play like a player looking for another club and was bloody awful.

His kicking was poor and his run he gives the side is grossly overrated. No defensive side to his game either. Actually on that game not even worth a number 90 swap.

he kinda looked like a player who knew he was being shown the door after the game..

Couldn't agree more. Supporters generally seem to have NFI when it comes to trades and it's one of my pet hates too. So many seem to think that you can recruit stars by trading away a few fringe players and the fact the a player wears their own teams colors makes them more valuable.

Thankfully BF posters don't have any input at trade time otherwise trade week would be even more boring than it already is.

I agree with you and BombersNo1 too. It's impossible to have a rational discussion with anyone about realistic trades, for the above reasons. Didn't Essendon fans want a 3rd round pick for Kepler Bradley last year - he was worth nothing in the end.

I agree with you and BombersNo1 too. It's impossible to have a rational discussion with anyone about realistic trades, for the above reasons. Didn't Essendon fans want a 3rd round pick for Kepler Bradley last year - he was worth nothing in the end.

It is difficult with trades. I always say that unless the player is "elite" and VERY FEW players are, then unless the side is Freo then first round picks won't be traded. As for Bradley, I was hoping for a mid 4th rounder to be honest and we would have got that if the club wasn't stupid, that said we would not have used that pick anyway (Tom Bellchambers in PSD)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While I agree with the last few posts, I think that Andy Lovett is an interesting one. For a club like St Kilda who have a pretty good list, and need a player like Lovett, he could be worth paying over the odds for. However, for a club like Sydney, who have Malceski, Kennelly and Mattner basically rotating through the wing on the smaller SCG, he wouldn't be worth anywhere near as much. He's one of those players, off-field dramas aside, who could fetch anywhere from an early 2nd rounder to a late 4th rounder depending on the club.

While I agree with the last few posts, I think that Andy Lovett is an interesting one. For a club like St Kilda who have a pretty good list, and need a player like Lovett, he could be worth paying over the odds for. However, for a club like Sydney, who have Malceski, Kennelly and Mattner basically rotating through the wing on the smaller SCG, he wouldn't be worth anywhere near as much. He's one of those players, off-field dramas aside, who could fetch anywhere from an early 2nd rounder to a late 4th rounder depending on the club.

I think he will be going pretty cheap, wherever he goes, hes a gamble that most clubs wouldnt take, unless they were confident in their ability to turn him around, I think Sydney could do it...

Lovett-Murray is a key defender/third tall defender, and Lovett is a winger.

O'Keefe - I haven't heard him mentioned, and he is way better than the two combined. Don't listen to anyone who mentions him.
1st rounder - maybe, maybe, a late first rounder for the two and our third rounder, but that'd be pushing it.

I think that for the two, a 2nd rounder and a fringe player (LRT?) would be fair.

You are seriously deluded.

Which is proabably why you support Arsenal.

bulldogs_jersey%20mat_59643.jpg

lovett

not sure what everyone thinks??but this is a quick one i think we should go for lovett,for abit of run and quickness around the ground.i think we could make him into a good footballer....

Re: lovett

Welcome!

BUT FFS! do we need 2 threads on Benny Mathews , 2 on the all australian, 2 on the chance with a bummer hack!!!

Please check list of existing threads first:)

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I respect big bez but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

he is 182cm flanker with mental issues:eek:

we need close to or better 190cm KPP's FULLSTOP!

Sorry Lovett no,too much baggage. If we are starting to throw names into the
ring,well i hear that Robert Copeland from the Lions could be available.
Any thoughts?

Welcome!

BUT FFS! do we need 2 threads on Benny Mathews , 2 on the all australian, 2 on the chance with a bummer hack!!!

Please check list of existing threads first:)

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I respect big bez but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

he is 182cm flanker with mental issues:eek:

we need close to or better 190cm KPP's FULLSTOP!

what if we got him for free?

what if we got him for free?

Bummers would think I am bias and or joking but round 4 or later... then of course maybe worth a chance:thumbsu:

Cannot believe that some other club would not offer late round 3 tho!... if not gone, then why not?, still a maybe given

Schmidt, Meridith*, Laidlaw , Barlow , Smith, O'Dwyer, Thornton all likely to be ahead of him in the "Blood bros" seminary studies

* will be a gun with Vesz;)

what im interested in, is what could he actually offer and add to our team football wise, Im not advocating for him to be drafted or anything, just a topic that a mate brought up..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back