List Mgmt. Trade targets 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He also talked about DeGoey but said he 'probably wouldn't want to move from Collingwood to a small club like Port'

Which is fine by me

He can join Jake Skinner at the behemoth that is Essendon.

Rankine makes more sense than Lukosious from a player type point of view. Crying out for a small forward with some tricks. The question is can he get it together?

Also there were some rumours of bad influences in Adelaide for him.

Either Luko or Rankine would have to be at the right price for me. Unless Gold Coast have a classic Gold Coast moment at the trade table though, they would want to be compensated based on how high they were drafted.

M8 said that wreck it Ralph has said we are into Rankine anyone catch it?
I haven't seen it and I watched the game on tele last night.

Wouldn't surprise me if we were, he's what we need up forward. Problem for me is what would the Sun's want and does anyone know if he's out of contract at the end of this season or next?

Melbourne? Are they paying Gawn, Oliver, Petracca, Fritsch, May and Lever in ski trips?

Karl would be unlikely to make the Dees' starting 23 with all their running power.

If some clubs wanted a trade, we should ask how much/long a contract he's been offered, see if it works out to roughly an end of 1st round compo pick, then say to the club most involved "we'll trade him for your 1st rounder this season - or, one of your younger blokes who would be good enough to be a 1st rounder as a straight swap ie. a first 23".

Then, they just say they'll let us have the compo pick and give us zilch, to which we say that we'll drive the contract price higher by bartering amongst other suitors, and make that club suffer salary cap pressure.

We don't have to be nice guys - just for a change.

We've invested 8 years into a pick 68 or whatever he was, helped him through plenty of injuries, backed him in and given him chances he probably didn't really deserve, and seen him blossom as a result, only to lose him. We don't owe Karl any favours, and we are prepared to let him go.

But we play this for the best result for us - not for Karl or the scavenger club.

He also talked about DeGoey but said he 'probably wouldn't want to move from Collingwood to a small club like Port'

Which is fine by me
Of course not, if he played for Port he wouldn't get away with being a massive piece of human garbage like he does at Collingwood.

Enjoy the dichotomy of them talking down Amon being worth 5 years at $650k to possibly net Port band 1 compensation while operating on the basis that any non-Victorian clubs have to pay up to lure Melbourne based players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What half back with currency are you putting on the table?

Burton -untouchable
Houston - untouchable
Bonner - untouchable
Bergman - must keep and develop
Jones - can’t see him going anywhere, we have to keep and develop.
Sinn - obviously not going anywhere we’ve invested a tonne in getting him here
Dbj - ? Can’t see him going anywhere.

Frederick has zero currency

burton and Houston are just untouchable. They’re part of the foundation of our team.

Bonner has become a key player, and he’s so important to our drive from the backline. He’s also untouchable. All 3 players still have their primes ahead of them.

Can’t see young recently drafted kids (sinn Bergman jones) going anywhere.

That leaves Dbj. He’s a player I wildly swing from loving to loathing in games and for the right first 22 player would I trade him? Yes. Do I think he’s remotely a chance to go anywhere or that the club would trade him? I don’t think so.

DBJ is one player that i would put on the trade table (as most of the other HBF have gone past him or will go past him)

Robbie and motlop nearing the end and Orazio always injured a speedy small forward should be a priority.
Pickett not leaving anytime soon would of thought we sould definitely be in rankines ear.

Rather than Rankine i would look at Elijah Hollands (from the Suns) who is a 188cm Medium Midfielder / Forward who was picked in 2020 at pick 7 (because he injured his Knee and fell down the rankings) currently he is just coming back from the injury his strengths / improvements are :-

STRENGTHS:
  • Overhead marking
  • Scoreboard impact
  • Athleticism
  • Defensive pressure
  • One-on-ones
  • Goal sense
  • Dual-sided
IMPROVEMENTS:
  • Further midfield development
  • Post-injury durability
he would also be trying get a position in the midfield from Rowell, Miller, Ellis & Anderson

for us he could start on the HFF and then move into the midfield

he would cost us less than Luko & Rankine and fill 2 future holes (forward / Midfield)

Rather than Rankine i would look at Elijah Hollands (from the Suns) who is a 188cm Medium Midfielder / Forward who was picked in 2020 at pick 7 (because he injured his Knee and fell down the rankings) currently he is just coming back from the injury his strengths / improvements are :-

STRENGTHS:
  • Overhead marking
  • Scoreboard impact
  • Athleticism
  • Defensive pressure
  • One-on-ones
  • Goal sense
  • Dual-sided
IMPROVEMENTS:
  • Further midfield development
  • Post-injury durability
he would also be trying get a position in the midfield from Rowell, Miller, Ellis & Anderson

for us he could start on the HFF and then move into the midfield

he would cost us less than Luko & Rankine and fill 2 future holes (forward / Midfield)
Don't think he would be any cheaper than Rankine.

If Elijah Hollands decided he wanted to leave Gold Coast, we'd have 10 Victorian clubs to outbid for his services. Certainly wouldn't be any cheaper than Rankine. Probably more expensive if anything.

I would prefer Hollands over Rankine if the option was there.

Lukocious>Hollands>Rankine.

As gifted as Rankine is, I think we have seen his best, not going to impact games for longer than 15 mins. Lukocious and Hollands can play midfield and play 4 quarters
I don't think we've seen the best of Rankine.

I don't think we've seen the best of Rankine.
Maybe not his best, but his ceiling. I don’t think he will become the 20 and 2 most expected him to be. He may be a Classier Willie Rioli, without the hard nosed edge.

‘Best’ 14 and a goal a game maybe, still handy but not what you would chase and pay top dollar for.

Hollands, first year at senior level without a lot of footy over the past two years, averaging 24 touches a game in the next best Leauge is quite impressive. I am confident if he was at 12 other clubs they would find away to be getting games into him already.

Malthouse also had the Bombers as a premiership fancy.

Poor Mick probably thinks once van der Haar is back they will be flying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back