List Mgmt. Trade targets 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The real problem is that he’s contracted until 2023.
Yeah, North are going to be shit in 2023 again. They'd back themselves in to convince him to stay, unless they got an offer that looks like 'they won', knowing they aren't going to get any less next year.

It'd be great to have him, but not at the cost of MG/Rozee/Butters, our 1st AND something else. North are shit, but they aren't idiots, no 6 pieces of meh = 1 piece of gold trade is going to work (though ready for every clubs supporters to post them). If Amon was willing to go there, Amon + our 1st + a future second would be my top offer. We have too many other holes to fix (195cm+ KPD, a replacement for Amon if he goes, a young ruck to support Hayes in 3 - 4 years as a start) to throw more. If he was a 195cm+ KPD/KPF doing as well I'd pay more, but he's not.

no your rght but i mean if they try and hold him for next year in hopes of getting him to sign on.

do they bite the bullet and try a trade or do they see if they can convince him round?

Big gamble
Nah they'll hold tight for as long as possible. They'll be shit next year so they'll have pick 1 probably in the PSD, so they'll still have the bargaining power.

It would be great to have him, build a midfield around him, butters, Rozee, Drew and obviously Wines still there.

But at what cost, it's easily 2 first rounders and a good player. And they'll need to be good first rounders as well.

Nah they'll hold tight for as long as possible. They'll be shit next year so they'll have pick 1 probably in the PSD, so they'll still have the bargaining power.

It would be great to have him, build a midfield around him, butters, Rozee, Drew and obviously Wines still there.

But at what cost, it's easily 2 first rounders and a good player. And they'll need to be good first rounders as well.
Agree with the first two points

But what players have been traded for 2 first rounders and a good player?

has that ever actually happened? 2 “good” 1sts and a good player?

The judd trade doesn’t even fit that description.

You might be right on Williams, but I”m highly confident we have got a very good player in Bergman. His injuries have slowed his development, but his attributes are exactly what you want to see in a modern day mid. He’s athletic, decent height, good overhead, can win his own ball, absorbs the tackle well, penetrating kick & has a great work ethic. Watch this space once he gets a good run at it.

I like Dougal, he does some great things, but is also prone to some complete brain fades with ball in hand. Would I prefer him over Williams if we had that choice? Yep, he’s a definite upgrade on Clurey, Mackenzie & probably Jonas as well.
The thought of Dougal is great. 198 cm athletic back.

The reality is he costs goals every week because he doesn’t have a football brain. He’s very good at blaming his team mates for not being there to help him.
Unfortunately you are correct. Even the most pissy pants Vic Metro Melbun is da bestest its all a about my mental halth fu**azoids don't pull up stumps in the first 2 years.
He just looks like someone who wants to win and from what we have seen he looked happy to help North rebuild. But what if he’s held off contract talks not because of his coach like people are suggesting but because his team mates cried when the coach yelled at them.

Any precedent on 1st round draft picks who left their clubs before, or at the conclusion of their initial AFL contract?
Tom Boyd went for pick 6 and Ryan Griffen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately you are correct. Even the most pissy pants Vic Metro Melbun is da bestest its all a about my mental halth fu**azoids don't pull up stumps in the first 2 years.
Cause they dont leave the state in the first place

Forget JHF. The asking price will be ridiculous and hurt the club long term. Better off waiting until he's a free agent.

Agree with the first two points

But what players have been traded for 2 first rounders and a good player?

has that ever actually happened? 2 “good” 1sts and a good player?

The judd trade doesn’t even fit that description.
Yeah, Kennedy was the big one in that trade and that was probably the unknown. If West Coast landed pick 3 better than Masten it might well have been.

However fair point, I was just thinking what they were likely wanting.

Contract talks on hold…. Really not a news sorry. He is 6 months into a two year deal at the worse club for the next 2-5 years. I know a lot of first rounders extend straight away but no reason to do that and plenty don’t. The kid is loyal and will be close to best player in the game in a few years. Money on him staying. Would be perfect at Port, takes us to a top 4 maybe 2 side. You would hope Port has been in his ear for months already and will chase him hard when out of contract when North will be more likely to entertain a trade and it won’t close the entire earth.

Contract talks on hold…. Really not a news sorry. He is 6 months into a two year deal at the worse club for the next 2-5 years. I know a lot of first rounders extend straight away but no reason to do that and plenty don’t. The kid is loyal and will be close to best player in the game in a few years. Money on him staying. Would be perfect at Port, takes us to a top 4 maybe 2 side. You would hope Port has been in his ear for months already and will chase him hard when out of contract when North will be more likely to entertain a trade and it won’t close the entire earth.
I think it is newsworthy, and I'd have some money on him leaving. A team can be a mess, or they can be a North Melbourne special red hot kind of mess. I don't think that makes him particularly disloyal, just because he might want to go home, or play for a particular team, or spend half his career at a club that is rebuilding or a combination.

I would think that the sort of contract that JRH would have in front of him at North would not be the sort of contract that a player would think twice about if he were staying?

Think he’s a really nice mid but I’m not seeing him as Cribbs or Dusty or Bonts?

I’d be happy to let the Crow’s put up their next 2 first round picks plus whatever else it takes to get North to let him walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back