List Mgmt. Trade targets 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pasini is absolutely a key defender.

He’s taller than Jonas, clurey and McKenzie, and he’s more athletic than any of them.

Would I want him to be our tallest key defender?

No.

Is he fine next to another tall key defender like alir?

Yes.

We have to be getting games into pasini this year, whether it’s for the rest of the season or at least a handful just to blood him doesn’t matter as long as we get some exposure into him ready for next year.

Cause 2022 has revealed 2 things

1. Our key defenders are horribly out of form, and have been for 2 years now in the case of Jonas, clurey and McKenzie

2. Pasini is in some of the best form a key defender has ever displayed at the magpies.

We cannot back Jonas and McKenzie in particular to be certain best 22 players in 2023.

So we need to get games into pasini now so he goes into 2023 not so green

192cm is not KP
How someone can make that statement when we’re fielding several kpps thst height and shorter, the league has kpps that height or shorter is beyond me.

I’ve watched a tonne of pasini play football, he’s a key defender. Full stop.

He’s also taller than 192 btw.

How someone can make that statement when we’re fielding several kpps thst height and shorter, the league has kpps that height or shorter is beyond me.

part of the reason why we won't win a flag is we don't have a KP defender, who has the height to be a KP defender and plays like a KP defender

He is listed at 192 cm, 1cm shorter than Clurey and 1 cm taller than McKenzie and Burton

Absolutely not, no where near strong enough
I think you have a higher opinion than I do of the role Jonas plays on the oppositions 3rd best tall and generally 5-6th best forward.

Someone who can kick (and run) playing the role Jonas plays would be an upgrade in my book.

I think you have a higher opinion than I do of the role Jonas plays on the oppositions 3rd best tall and generally 5-6th best forward.

Someone who can kick (and run) playing the role Jonas plays would be an upgrade in my book.

Our run and carry out of defence has been bad for awhile, main reason why Bonner played so much at the end of the last season because dbj and even hartlett and sometimes Houston would just get the ball and wait and then do pointless kicks or hack kicks.

He is listed at 192 cm, 1cm shorter than Clurey and 1 cm taller than McKenzie and Burton
He’s listed as 192 and 193cms in different places, that was his draft height.

Had this discussion with someone here last year who mentioned he had a growth spurt, and when I questioned how they knew they linked to an article where the coaches were directly quoted as saying he had a growth spurt. (I can’t find the article now but remember it clearly)

Whether he’s 193 or 194cm now I don’t know, I suspect he’s a least 193.

I don’t think I’ve missed a magpies game (maybe a Qtr at most) since he’s been drafted.

He’s a genuine key defender.

Im not sure why some posters are so hung up on height without any context.

Jonas is more a kpp than burton is, despite the height difference favouring burton.

Georgiades is a genuine key forward, and anyone (and there are people) who say otherwise are either ignorant or blinded by their own bias).

Height can be an issue, for instance I was always very vocal that we needed to add height in our defense next to clurey and Jonas, and I’ve been vocal when advocating to draft kfs that a taller 2nd ruck height type would imo be a better fit next to Georgiades and Marshall (tho that’s got a lot to do with having a better 2nd ruck than Marshall as well as fit next to Georgiades)

Pasini is a key defender, he is perfectly fine to replace someone like Jonas going forward.

Would I target a taller key defender to pair with him in the future? Absolutely.

Draft notes have him playing forward/back/ruck. We really need a 2nd ruck.

"A competitive and coachable key position prospect, Visentini enjoys getting involved physically and is capable of playing on all three lines."
I think there’s a difference between what a kid can play at juniors and at afl level.

Hayes was very competent as a kf in juniors, but there’s zero chance anyone with any sense would try to develop him there.

A kid called Jackson bishop (no relation to our bishop) at 189cms is playing ruck for Sturt under 18’s this year and doing a great job.

He is not a ruck at the next level. Juniors are notorious for playing kids out of position due to the players they have or don’t have, and juniors who are a level above the kids around them can do well in a position that won’t be theirs at the next level.

I can’t see visentini being developed as a kpp at either end.

What he is showing at sanfl level, which is exciting is in the ruck. He is currently actually a very limited player, but the one or 2 things he does well equate well to giving a contest in the ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely not, no where near strong enough

Agree 100%

Jonas is actually decent at 1v1 defending.

Has Luko ever been in a 1v1? He’s a tall-flanker with an elite kick, or a key forward who plays high to use that elite kicking to hit targets. To be honest he’s not really been excellent at either of those roles, just ok.

Then we need a 3rd tall defender. Jonas is possibly the strongest guy at the club. Certainly strongest pound for pound.

I'm hearing Finlayson/Marshall for Larkey. He's basically a Todd but accurate and puts in more effort.
'A Todd but accurate'

Todd with 11.1 for the year so far, not happy with his accuracy?

'A Todd but accurate'

Todd with 11.1 for the year so far, not happy with his accuracy?
I must still have lingering nightmares of butcher.

Maybe Todd & Larkey would work well off each other? They both seem like the kind of key fwd who needs another tall with them to help them out.

Pasini is not the answer as our saviour KPD, we still need to see what's out there at the end of the year to replace Clurey/McKenzie

Larkey is a mouth watering proposition, but we couldn't get him loose for anything less than Butters and a fairly high draft pick.

It was pointed out to me that Larkey is surpringly listed as only 192cm. He's not what we need as we've got a lot of that type of size player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back