List Mgmt. Trade targets 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should be into Bhuku Khamis ear from Bulldogs

Carving up the VFL currently, great mates with Butters

Would be a great get, would still need the tall key defenderat only 190cm but like Mckenzie has the reach of a taller man
No more tweeners.

Harrison Petty is the only player i would be keen to lure. We have a dearth of half back flankers that could be offered up
What half back with currency are you putting on the table?

Burton -untouchable
Houston - untouchable
Bonner - untouchable
Bergman - must keep and develop
Jones - can’t see him going anywhere, we have to keep and develop.
Sinn - obviously not going anywhere we’ve invested a tonne in getting him here
Dbj - ? Can’t see him going anywhere.

Frederick has zero currency

burton and Houston are just untouchable. They’re part of the foundation of our team.

Bonner has become a key player, and he’s so important to our drive from the backline. He’s also untouchable. All 3 players still have their primes ahead of them.

Can’t see young recently drafted kids (sinn Bergman jones) going anywhere.

That leaves Dbj. He’s a player I wildly swing from loving to loathing in games and for the right first 22 player would I trade him? Yes. Do I think he’s remotely a chance to go anywhere or that the club would trade him? I don’t think so.

Burton -untouchable
Houston - untouchable
Bonner - untouchable

burton and Houston are just untouchable. They’re part of the foundation of our team.

Bonner has become a key player, and he’s so important to our drive from the backline. He’s also untouchable. All 3 players still have their primes ahead of them.

That leaves Dbj. He’s a player I wildly swing from loving to loathing in games and for the right first 22 player would I trade him? Yes. Do I think he’s remotely a chance to go anywhere or that the club would trade him? I don’t think so.
We will push Amon out and move one of the aboze to the wing

Burton -untouchable
Houston - untouchable
Bonner - untouchable

Surely, you jest with Bonner as untouchable. I would be happy enough to talk about any of Bonner, Houston or DBJ. I think Houston is the best player of this group and would def look to keep, but, he has shown he is flakey and when the heat comes he rarely steps up to the plate.

Last edited:

Burton -untouchable
Houston - untouchable
Bonner - untouchable

The fact that you named 8 half back flankers surely points to us being in a great position to turn one of them into a good player in a position of need elsewhere on the ground.

Surely, you jest with Bonner as untouchable. I would be happy enough to talk about any of Bonner, Houston or DBJ. I think Houston is the best player of this group and would def look to keep, but, he has shown he is flakey and when the heat comes he rarely steps up to the plate.
I do not jest.

Bonner has become a key player.

And there’s no way we should be remotely considering trading Houston

He’s odds on to be leading or runner up in our bnf as of right now and his 25d 7.3 intercepts are elite. He’s either in the all aus side or right on it’s fringes at this time. He’s still only 24 so not even in his prime.

I do not jest.

Bonner has become a key player.

And there’s no way we should be remotely considering trading Houston

He’s odds on to be leading or runner up in our bnf as of right now and his 25d 7.3 intercepts are elite. He’s either in the all aus side or right on it’s fringes at this time. He’s still only 24 so not even in his prime.
Fair enough. I respect all opinions. If Bonner got us a look at Petty, I would personally drive Riley across the border....

I would trade Houston. If someone said a top 15 pick this year or Petty and a second rounder, yup done.

And if Bonner got us petty or similar, yea I would do that too. He has been really good and you don’t give him away but there are Miles, Jones and McKenzie that could play his role. Would hope Sinn is higher up the ground but he could play there too.

Dan is a great player, who we found with a late second round rookie pick. Prefer to keep him but we can find similar players. Tall, quality players or draft picks that put us in a position to get one are much harder to find.

Last edited:
Bonner and/or DBJ I’d trade for a second rounder, maybe an early third, in a heartbeat.

Houston, Burton, Jones, Sinn, Bergman as the half backs is plenty and a good group to build around going forward.

Bonner and/or DBJ I’d trade for a second rounder, maybe an early third, in a heartbeat.

Houston, Burton, Jones, Sinn, Bergman as the half backs is plenty and a good group to build around going forward.

A second rounder for DBJ given his AA and age is fair and I hope we move him on.

A second rounder for Bonner is highly unlikely, you only get a "North Melbourne" every so often and surely after Pittard and Polec they've learnt their lesson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Burton -untouchable
Houston - untouchable
Bonner - untouchable

touchable bonner.jpg

I would trade Houston. If someone said a top 15 pick this year or Petty and a second rounder, yup done.

Dan is a great player, who we found with a late second round rookie pick. Prefer to keep him but we can find similar players. Tall, quality players or draft picks that put us in a position to get one are much harder to find.
How many 'similar players' are available out there that can rack up 36 touches and 2 goals at the Gabba?

We do seem to have a lot of flankers though and is probably one area we can afford to lose someone.
I'm keeping Houston and Burton 100%, but of players with value, if we had to I would be prepared to offload one of Amon, Bergman (as much as I like him), Bonner, or Duursma.

Burton -untouchable
Houston - untouchable
Bonner - untouchable

Philthy old son the only thing more touchable than Bonner is when you’ve got a hard on in the shower when you’re a teenager

It’s gonna get touched I know it you know it we all know it

I would froth over Petty but he re-signed recently. Ballard too but aslo re-signed.

We should go very hard for Sam Taylor from GWS. Don't know how we'd get it done though.

I think DBJ and Bonner definitely movable, but currency is low.

EDIT: Taylor re-singed to 2025 :'(

FFS Tom Barrass also signed until 2026!

Will have to go to the draft!

It was a good game and he has stepped up this season. How easy is it to find good midfielders compared to talls? If it takes trading Dan to land one, then that’s what it takes.
We currently have

Marshall
Georgiades
Dixon
Lycett
Hayes

Lord
Clurey
Finlayson
Aliir

Visentini
McKenzie
Skinner
Pasini

With the bolded all having proved they can play at AFL level. Then of the rest we have Lord and Pasini who im both pretty bullish on becoming good players and Visentini who is too young to make a call on yet but also looks promising. I don't think our tall stocks are that bad that we need to do anything too drastic. The ruck is probably our weakest area as Lycetts career is in the twilight stages and our only other reliable option is 3-gamer Sam Hayes. If he goes down too the cupboard looks pretty bare. But I'd be content just picking up a mature ager in the draft and maybe another in the main draft depending on who's available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back