Trades,Retirements,Delistings,Elevations

Remove this Banner Ad

If were to stop kidding ourselves and just honestly face the cold facts, that all we really care about is a flag,
Apart from Power, Watt, Brady etc the really crucial delistings need to come from the coaches box.

Can someone please explain WTF our coaches bring to the club, any slight chance of motivating our list of quality, talls and runners? A killer edge, strong onfield leaders?, any toughness at all? Marketing value? media skills?

If dean is a master tactition Alex Downer should be immediately appointed to the whitehouse.

EVEN IF DEAN HAD THE FN NOTION THAT KEY FORWARDS AND MIDFIELD WIN FLAGS.
Not halfback flankers and shit kicks(Laidley)
and undersized smallmen, who offer little resistance and like to take holidays dreaming of being more important than the FN CHF,(Bewick)
This place is rotten to the core, look at clarko FFS, HES TAKEN OUR GAMEPLAN AND GOT THE BLOODY HAWKS A FLAG.
WE just need to use our players better, we would only need to miss the finals 1 year maximum, if that.
Look at selwood and rioli, palmer etc, the kids are churning out ready made almost brownlowesque. This is a super draft coming up, we use it well, could patch a few of the bullet wounds our previous admin and current coaches have slugged into our whimpering carcass.
The process is getting a lot easier even for HOPELESS NEVER WILL BE ABLE TO DEVELOP OR MAN MANAGE/INSPIRE THE KIDS OR ANY PLAYERS REALLY COACHES LIKE OUR GENIUS HBF COACH AND ODD BUNCH OF ASS ISTANTS.
I think we can finish 7-8 nextyear( as richmond will be 9th, carlton will get karma, freo will under perform etc)
Our respectable finals series in 09 will be plauded as having brought back the spirit of OLD NORTH by using the kids, making some tough calls, onfield and off and building a spine that know their roles.
2010 will be very exiting indeed thumping all the shit pretenders, with our key forwards and pacy midfield.

Whoever told this poster about BigFooty should be red carded for ever. :eek:

Looking at Thommo's effort in the Sydney game, I cant help thinking that he had something to offer for next year. He was literally thowing himself at the ball as he does when he is fit and rearing to go. He was just getting back to full swing after the knee etc Granted he isnt the all round footballer (in fact he is quite one dimensional) but he does have that ability to deliver more than you think you are going to get and I had a feeling that in 2009 as a 31 year old he might have delivered something extra. On top of this there was the last minute change of mind by the club which was confusing and it just leaves me felling a bit confused and cheated about Thommo.
This article said he was delisted;
http://www.afl.com.au/News/NEWSARTICLE/tabid/208/Default.aspx?newsId=67891
then he comes out and said he was standing aside for young blokes in this article;
http://kangaroos.com.au/Season2008/...gArticle/tabid/9795/Default.aspx?newsId=67931
I mean, why bother to come out and say you are standing aside if the club has just said you're sacked?
Anyone have any similar thoughts about thommo or you all just keen to clear the decks for the super draft? (btw - Josh Smith was a shocker at Subi against the Dockers, cant see him being an instant success in 09)

The importance of the upcoming premiership window cannot be more crucial to the NMFC, and to suggest otherwise is complete ignorance.
With Hawthorn set to become a huge dynasty on and off the field, their arrogant agenda to win cups and lessen the clubs in Melbourne, will put huge pressure on our nice guy, its good enough she'll be apples mentality. In 5 years the 50,000 hawk members combined with Kennett, buddy etc will have a lot of pull. Their greedy, call it dirty, rough, hard uncompromising brand, built on massive tradings, delistings etc will gobble the battler nice guy, (softness) we are trying to run with.
We really have to get tough REALLY tough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A smart avenue would be to grab some hawk coaches, might keep them off our back, and show us how its done, like they bloody stole our ideas from Clarko, Ross and Alex

Looking at Thommo's effort in the Sydney game, I cant help thinking that he had something to offer for next year. He was literally thowing himself at the ball as he does when he is fit and rearing to go. He was just getting back to full swing after the knee etc Granted he isnt the all round footballer (in fact he is quite one dimensional) but he does have that ability to deliver more than you think you are going to get and I had a feeling that in 2009 as a 31 year old he might have delivered something extra. On top of this there was the last minute change of mind by the club which was confusing and it just leaves me felling a bit confused and cheated about Thommo.
This article said he was delisted;
http://www.afl.com.au/News/NEWSARTICLE/tabid/208/Default.aspx?newsId=67891
then he comes out and said he was standing aside for young blokes in this article;
http://kangaroos.com.au/Season2008/...gArticle/tabid/9795/Default.aspx?newsId=67931
I mean, why bother to come out and say you are standing aside if the club has just said you're sacked?
Anyone have any similar thoughts about thommo or you all just keen to clear the decks for the super draft? (btw - Josh Smith was a shocker at Subi against the Dockers, cant see him being an instant success in 09)

Kind of hard to be an instant success when your whole midfield falls apart.

Top4potential over-rates Hawthorns win & list. Just because they won a premiership doesn't make them a dynasty. Everyone thought Geelong were a dynasty last year, and they think it about Hawthorn this year.

This year every team will have a cluster-busting plan that they have rehearsed through the pre-season, which will render much of Clarko's plan much less effective. Several of their players performed WAAAY above their average last year, will they be able to back it up next year? Personally I doubt it, they'll still be a great team, with improvement in KPP's, but I suspect some of their midfield brigade will drop off.

As Geelong showed, the quality of your list looks a million dollars when you're all playing 100%, gut running and blocking etc for each other, if you drop off by 5% then you're just as vulnerable as every other team. Besides, we wouldn't even be talking about this if Geelong had kicked straight.

I still hold that the two teams with the physically biggest bodied, hardest working and best skilled midfield ALWAYS wins the flag. West Coast, Sydney (not most skilled but certainly hardest working), Brisbane x 4, Geelong and now Hawthorn.

We need to recruit players in that image, those who don't become midfielders are still able to be developed into HFF's and HBF's. There is a premiership winning midfield body type, and we lack players in that image entirely. Skinny outside mids don't win flags (though Port showed they can help), strong hipped long kicking one's do.

Lance Franklins first 2 games of footy- he combined for 18 disposals & 6 marks. 2 goals

Josh Smith - 18 disposals 11 marks- now obviously Smith will be better.lol But of course he must get a game first. Our best recruit in ages is/will be Eugene - taking a switch bade to our list as we speak. How Smith wasn't given more oppotunity during 08 amazes me. But then Laids love child had too play didn't he.

We should hold all our picks & try and off load Harris , Jones & if it all works out look at grabbing Cousins with apick around 40.- Swallow isn't worth pick 96- can't kick . Riggswill be a good replacement for Sinclair. If someone offered a 1st & 2nd pick for McIntosh i would say -yep.

Lance Franklins first 2 games of footy- he combined for 18 disposals & 6 marks. 2 goals

Josh Smith - 18 disposals 11 marks- now obviously Smith will be better.lol But of course he must get a game first. Our best recruit in ages is/will be Eugene - taking a switch bade to our list as we speak. How Smith wasn't given more oppotunity during 08 amazes me. But then Laids love child had too play didn't he.

We should hold all our picks & try and off load Harris , Jones & if it all works out look at grabbing Cousins with apick around 40.- Swallow isn't worth pick 96- can't kick . Riggswill be a good replacement for Sinclair. If someone offered a 1st & 2nd pick for McIntosh i would say -yep.

Eagles would probably offer their 2nd or 3rd rounder for Swallow.

McIntosh isprobably worth a pick in the top 8 and a pick in the top 15 at some clubs. You understand that he is part of our ruck division which is the only thing at North that doesn't need to be changed?

McIntosh isprobably worth a pick in the top 8 and a pick in the top 15 at some clubs. You understand that he is part of our ruck division which is the only thing at North that doesn't need to be changed?[/quote]

i do understand that point i really do- but we're paying for years of throwing darts at names on the board and then either drafting or trading for them- oh look McConnells name came up. Who's he play for .??

Not much use having the best rucks going around if you've got the worst midfield. Which if we don't act soon we will have.

So Goldstein could ruck with either Petrie or Hale , Smith could have a go did ok at VFl level , i really think we've got enough options in that department.

imagine pick 8 , 9 , 15 , 27 etc- **** we couldn't stuff that up -could we.??

We need to rebuild the midfield... we already have players who will fill some of those gaps i.e Urquhart, Smith, Firrito... add the new draftees this year. It's all good, we can do it without trading one of the best ruckman in the competition for the picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Macintosh for a first rounder, hm, dount it, Lovett is a proven AFL player, question marks surround him, but he is proven at AFL level, Macintosh had a good 12-15 games last year, one 2-3rds of a year of solid footy, was he outstanding, not really, if you got a first rounder offered for Macintosh then the AFL is a joke, why would you get rid of him any ways, would allow Petrie to play down back permanantly and Hale in the F50, allowing Goldstein to rest on the bench.

Of the players mentioned, Swallow may have some trade value, Harris certainly would, but both would not get you first/second rounders.

Macintosh for a first rounder, hm, dount it, Lovett is a proven AFL player, question marks surround him, but he is proven at AFL level, Macintosh had a good 12-15 games last year, one 2-3rds of a year of solid footy, was he outstanding, not really, if you got a first rounder offered for Macintosh then the AFL is a joke,...
Inconsistent but flashy players like Lovett are a dime a dozen. Damien Cupido anyone?
However quality big men are worth more. If Cameron Wood and Fergus Watts were worth first rounders then McIntosh (who has shown WAY more than either of these players) is certainly worth one.
Of course, it is a rubbish question - there is no way he'll be traded.

Macintosh for a first rounder, hm, dount it, Lovett is a proven AFL player, question marks surround him, but he is proven at AFL level, Macintosh had a good 12-15 games last year, one 2-3rds of a year of solid footy, was he outstanding, not really, if you got a first rounder offered for Macintosh then the AFL is a joke, why would you get rid of him any ways, would allow Petrie to play down back permanantly and Hale in the F50, allowing Goldstein to rest on the bench.

Of the players mentioned, Swallow may have some trade value, Harris certainly would, but both would not get you first/second rounders.

Yeah your right pick 45 for Hamish and we would be happy:rolleyes:
Cant wait to see Lovett in North colours.

Cameron @#&%ing Wood got a first rounder thrown at him; A. Is he proven at AFL? B. Play at AA form pretty much through his first solid year in the game?

You need an enema for suggesting Lovett is more valuable than McIntosh.:thumbsu:

Level of deadshit in this post is high.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trades,Retirements,Delistings,Elevations

Remove this Banner Ad

Back