Training Photos (12/01/2007)

Remove this Banner Ad

• Banned
Excellent shots HFC082.

A couple of questions.

What camera are you using, lens etc?

The body is a Canon 400D. I wanted to get the 30D but had this already ordered. I'd love to upgrade to the 5D, but funds are tight. The lens is a Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS. The reach isn't too good, and i'd love to get a Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS just for that extra reach when they train in the centre of the field. That'll be next on the agenda :)

That shot of AC. Was he ordering two beers to reward your work:D

I think he was saying, "That's two chances i've given you...if you don't stop taking photos, i'll have you removed". That is the honest truth, i kid you not :0

Josh Thurgood.......why, why did we re-list him. He'll never put on enough weight for AFL. If a professional club with all the help he needs can't bulk him up, he never will.

Josh Thurgood.......why, why did we re-list him. He'll never put on enough weight for AFL. If a professional club with all the help he needs can't bulk him up, he never will.
I can't help but feel the same concern. Obviously he's got the gut's and agression but it makes you wonder if it's enough without the body? I'm just gonna put my faith in the coaches and hopefully he and they prove us wrong.

I can't help but feel the same concern. Obviously he's got the gut's and agression but it makes you wonder if it's enough without the body? I'm just gonna put my faith in the coaches and hopefully he and they prove us wrong.

I think he was the best out of the choices... but i think with so many developing players, it will be hard to delist next yr... so if he doesnt have a super yr, then he is gone

I think he was the best out of the choices... but i think with so many developing players, it will be hard to delist next yr... so if he doesnt have a super yr, then he is gone
No doubt, but i don't think he'll even get much of a chance to do so, for the very reason you stated. There will be alot of competition for the best players to put in defence. I've got a funny feeling he'll only sneak in a couple of matches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it is Lukas Markovic, he has longer hair now than in his photo on the hawks website. Not McEntee because he is very small, looked about 16 thats why i was interested to see who it was

LM is a KPP listed as 192cm and LMc is a ruckman listed at 195cm. These are start of 2006 stats so I would assume both have since grown a little since, but either way not much difference in height.

This report is pulled off the MH website via the HHQ website. Been 24 hours. Interesting observation of Roughie. One which I would support.

"Here's another report from Smoothnut on HHQ - my thanks to him, and apolgies for pinching it:

Unsighted were Crawf, Smith, Hodge, Guerra, Moss (maybe I missed Mossy? There were many rookies and Box Hill short people whom I couldn’t recognise). Curiously, Hayden Kilmarten was also unsighted and did not train. Has he been cut from the list?

Thorpie, Dicko, Campbell, Osborne and two unknowns (unknown to me at least) engaged in handball drills. Jacobs ran laps alone. The rest trained together in the main group.

Mort is a nice height. Still skinny for obvious reasons, but it appears his modus operandi is as a marking forward. He looks like he could stretch a 3rd or 4th defender with his overhead marking. He trained with the fwd group and participated in the high marking drills with the rest of the talls.

Didn’t see much of Renouf or the X-man. All I can report is that Renouf looked mobile for his height. X demonstrated a neat kick on the 1 or 2 occasions I saw him.

When the group was split later and the talls separated for their leading/blocking/screening/marking drills, the groups were:
Fwds – Buddy, Roughie, Dowler, Morton, Boyle, Tails, Little
Backs – Croad, Murphy, Dawson Thurgood, Gilham, Kennedy

Interestingly, Grandson of a Gun (the listed player, not the HHQ poster) worked in drills as a pinch-hitting 3rd defender. Is this b/c Smithy is being groomed for upfield? Or just b/c of the numbers? Who knows. Either way he’s a nice enough size who looks like he could sit comfortably in the back-50 against the likes of O’Loughlin, Pettifer, Embley. I noted Little beat him for pace off the mark a couple of times.

Willo did not train with the forwards in the lead-up drills. He was delivering the ball into the 50 with the other midfielders.

Sewelly followed Mitch around like a bad smell. It was clear he is trying to learn the roving craft from the little master.

Allow me to join the Musto chorus. We can try to temper our excitement, but why bother? Get 17 on the back of your little one, folks. He shows pace, balance and very good skills. I was on Musto-watch for pretty much the last 20 minutes and he only sprayed one from what I saw. Capable of drilling a goal from 50 without too much difficulty. Not afraid of kicking on the left – I like that.

My observations of Dowler didn’t yield much insight. He’s a nice kick, nice mark, not much to say really. Didn’t really strut his stuff. He struggled to get away from his marker from the fwd set-up (Gilham/Thurgood). I’d need to see more of him in a game scenario.

Roughie is without doubt filling out. He’s built for hustle and bustle. He is moving to J.Brown size and will be there in 12 months. For what it’s worth, the constant bemoaning of his apparent lack of pace annoys me. He’s not lightning, but he’s no slower than many bulky talls. And from what I have observed previously and which was confirmed for me today, he has very nice athleticism for his size. With some confidence under his belt, let him jump at it and he’ll be difficult to contain.

Thurgood has a very quick first few steps. He’s got the pace of a stopper/spoiler.

McGlynn wore the customary “best trainer’s” yellow guernsey.

Vanders, Clarkey and Mitch were quite vocal and demonstrated solid leadership throughout. Par for the course. Murph wasn’t afraid to speak up.

Buddy has a tendency to spill some balls. Ross Smith reminded him to keep his eye on the ball.

Towards the end, when the fwds had practice shots, Buddy and Mort went to the boundary from about 30 out (the wrong side for a left footer). Let me just say this – we’ve seen it in games, but the boy has a god-given talent that can't be taught– he casually slotted 3 in a row from right on the line. Mort tried to emulate, but he proved himself to be mortal. Buddy then casually proceeded to nail 2 out of the next 3 on the run, again from the boundary line on the wrong side. This is not news to any of us, but it is exhilirating seeing that kind of skill in the flesh. Oh, and the boy certainly possesses a strut."

just a few points for all,
the other two players doing the handball skills with Campbell, Dixon, Thorpie and a few others were Moss and Suckling.

Hodge was there but left after 20-30 mins, Guerra was there the whole time

LM is a KPP listed as 192cm and LMc is a ruckman listed at 195cm. These are start of 2006 stats so I would assume both have since grown a little since, but either way not much difference in height.
Guys, I think you're forgetting one thing.
Markovic is not on our list anymore. McEntee is the only Rookie we kept from last year(excluding the elevation of McGlynn and Gillham).

Guys, I think you're forgetting one thing.
Markovic is not on our list anymore. McEntee is the only Rookie we kept from last year(excluding the elevation of McGlynn and Gillham).

Im not forgetting that fact Galon but then again im not making the statement its Markovic. However, LM has been linked to BHH so it is not inconsivable he's still training with us.

Allow me to join the Musto chorus. We can try to temper our excitement, but why bother? Get 17 on the back of your little one, folks. He shows pace, balance and very good skills. I was on Musto-watch for pretty much the last 20 minutes and he only sprayed one from what I saw. Capable of drilling a goal from 50 without too much difficulty. Not afraid of kicking on the left – I like that.
My man. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Photos (12/01/2007)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back