Tribal Fever - Membership watch 29,426

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Tribal Fever - Membership watch 28,882

Every richmond supporter listen up. This game against geelong is huge in the context of our season, if we win our season can turn around, on the other hand if we loose i have to say it's over. But i want our season to go good so every richmond supporter and member get your arses down to the geelong vs richmond game and support them over the line and go bloody nuts. They have been glorious in defeat every game and now it's time to get over the line and win but we need to support them. Get as much supporters as we can!!!!!!!!!!!!.

The signeigns are hugely positive. last year our home average crowd was second only to Collingwood. This year we have as near as dammit to 30,000 members and all that with 1 finals appearance in 11 years and 2 in 25.

As Pete said and he is right. Give us the kind of run Carlton had in the 90s or Essendon had under Sheedy and Richmond would be the new rock and roll in this town. AFL Attendances boomed in the early 90s when we were pure cr@p and have boomed since then. We have been shiate all the way through but still draw well.. In 1980 our 11 game home average ( 9 at "G" 2 at Waverley) was over 50,000 and that when overall attendcances were only about 20,000. Give us a run and I honestly believe we would break records given the kind of numbers going now.

The signeigns are hugely positive. last year our home average crowd was second only to Collingwood. This year we have as near as dammit to 30,000 members and all that with 1 finals appearance in 11 years and 2 in 25.

As Pete said and he is right. Give us the kind of run Carlton had in the 90s or Essendon had under Sheedy and Richmond would be the new rock and roll in this town. AFL Attendances boomed in the early 90s when we were pure cr@p and have boomed since then. We have been shiate all the way through but still draw well.. In 1980 our 11 game home average ( 9 at "G" 2 at Waverley) was over 50,000 and that when overall attendcances were only about 20,000. Give us a run and I honestly believe we would break records given the kind of numbers going now.

Richmond supporters are everywhere too -not confined to certain locales.:)

we would have missed out on many new fans in the 80s and 90s, because a kid who would have chosen the tiges as his team in an even competition would have gone for an essendon or carlton instead because they were at the top and we were down the bottom. But when our success comes we'll get a whole new generation of fans to add to the ocean of yellow and black :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As at 7/5/07
Ticketed: 29,522
Non-ticketed: 7,200
Combined: 36,722

I seriously doubt we'll now get much closer to the 30,000 barrier

Remove this Banner Ad

Tribal Fever - Membership watch 29,426

Remove this Banner Ad

Back