MRP / Trib. Tribunal Thread - rules and offences discombobulation

Remove this Banner Ad

Pinned both arms and drove a players head into the ground. That’s the one thing I thought we knew was a dangerous tackle.

I don’t think the AFL even know what makes a dangerous tackle anymore.

I saw it for the first time this morning and thought How the heck did he get away with that?

To be fair, there's a couple comments there questioning if 9 have used the wrong footage, because Merret also gave Atkins a wack after he kicked a goal.

Yes, the footage on the AFL site detailing the fine uses the post-goal video. But even that looks harmless.

I think we can still agree that the league is wacky tho ;)

Central’s Brinn Little has been handed a $125 fine and reprimand for engaging in rough conduct with Port’s Dustin Launer at Alberton Oval on Saturday.

Brinn Little (Central) – Rough Conduct (Dangerous Tackle)
Conduct:
Careless
Impact: Low
Penalty: $125 Fine and Reprimand

Anyone got access to Code Sports articles? Might have one or two nuggets. MrMeaner got any idea who their legal counsel Peter O'Farrell is?

My old paywall software couldn't get around it and neither does archive.today.

Anyone got access to Code Sports articles? Might have one or two nuggets. MrMeaner got any idea who their legal counsel Peter O'Farrell is?

My old paywall software couldn't get around it and neither does archive.today.

I know a number of the people involved on all sides of these tribunal matters (including the chairs). They are all very good counsel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know a number of the people involved on all sides of these tribunal matters (including the chairs). They are all very good counsel.
Got any idea what the article might reveal about how Carlton successfully defend their players?

Got any idea what the article might reveal about how Carlton successfully defend their players?

Nup. Sorry. Peter is generally a planning barrister. I have no idea how he would have performed at the tribunal.

I doubt it was anything ground-breaking though. I would suspect Carlton spin.

I am generally uncomfortable when any lawyer is written up as some kind of ‘star’. There are undoubtedly some phenomenal minds and performers at the bar but the media often picks up on the stuff that doesn’t matter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back