Injury 2024 Injury Updates Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

No surprise on the Soldo move. Don't know why they played the silly games around his injury.
We all know why. Pure unadulterated incompetence.

That they knew Soldo was cactus before last week's game and played him is laughable.

You're 110 kilos with a bung knee and you're going to run out a afl game?

They knew he was still sore after his sanfl game and he couldn’t run out the Carlton game.

The knee was packed in ice after 3/4 time in the SANFL game and they reckon he’s right to go?

Wouldn’t be shocked if this turns into an issue though the rest of the season though mismanagement.

Last edited:
That they knew Soldo was cactus before last week's game and played him is laughable.

They knew he was still sore after his sanfl game and he couldn’t run out the Carlton game.

The knee was packed in ice after 3/4 time in the SANFL game and they reckon he’s right to go?

Wouldn’t be shocked if this turns into an issue though the rest of the season though mismanagement.
That's why Hinkley's comment about not risking Rioli was so damned ridiculous. Twelve and counting years of consistently playing injured players to the point of not only being detrimental to the team's performance but a player mismanagement issue. Someone call him out FFS.

Soldo immediately having knee soreness after having surgery to repair knee soreness does not give me much hope for his playing future.

Don't want to jinx it but wouldn't be surprised if he ends up Orazio'ing it up over the next 2 (3?) years of his contract

I didn't go to the game but a mate who did told me that Soldo was only jogging between the arcs when he played for the Maggies a few weeks back, so it was no great surprise to him that he was vomiting during the AFL game the next week where the pressure to keep up was much greater.

There may unfortunately be 2 issues with the bloke now, a chronic knee problem and reaching the required level of general fitness to run out games.

Soldo immediately having knee soreness after having surgery to repair knee soreness does not give me much hope for his playing future.

Don't want to jinx it but wouldn't be surprised if he ends up Orazio'ing it up over the next 2 (3?) years of his contract

Yeah I'm thinking likewise if Soldo doesn't bounce back quickly.

Rioli's calf "strain" has been hanging around for about a month?

The way our medical staff operate I'm betting it's an Achilles injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JASE BURGOYNE will miss Saturday's clash against St Kilda with a hamstring concern. Scans earlier this week revealed a hamstring strain, with the winger expected to miss up to a fortnight of football.

Ivan Soldo is continuing to manage knee soreness caused by scar tissue irritation, while Ryan Burton is expected to start running later this week as he recovers from bone bruising in his foot.

Kyle Marshall has entered concussion protocols after a head knock in the SANFL, while Lachie Charleson will be tested after hyperextending his knee on Sunday.

Small forward Willie Rioli will also be assessed for a possible return, as he works toward coming back from a calf strain.

Injury list
Lachie Charleson (knee) - test
Willie Rioli (calf) - test
Kyle Marshall (concussion protocols)
Jase Burgoyne (hamstring) - 1-2 weeks
Trent McKenzie (hamstring) - 1-2 weeks
Ryan Burton (foot) - 3-4 weeks
Ivan Soldo (knee) - 4 weeks
Sam Powell-Pepper (knee) - season

So Soldo is picked to lead the Magpies line on Sunday, doesn’t play, and is now out for four weeks? Must have been a hell of an event that occurred between Thursday night and Sunday. Shit show.

Back under the knife.

Scar tissue apparently.

Again it's obvious from day one it wasn't right.

Chances of Soldo actually being sound and physically fit enough to run out a game this year are about zero.

The test for Willie and if he doesn't come up will be a bigger joke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back