Trigg in Coaches Box

Remove this Banner Ad

If Trigg has to 'request', he should be sacked. He's the CEO - the boss. If he's asking the coach's permission to observe in the box, he's the wrong man. Maybe that's part of our problem...

1. of course he's asking, he shouldn't be stepping on people's toes. If they had said no, then he might have taken on the boss role.
2. I wonder if that means he wants to see for himself, rather than accept everyone else's word for it.

Of course he has to see for himself. Craig is one of his direct reports - that's waht managers do. This club is too soft, too conservative and had it too easy for too long. This has led us to slip into utter mediocrity.

It's time for strong leadership.

Originally posted by wattsup
This club is too soft, too conservative and had it too easy for too long. This has led us to slip into utter mediocrity.

It's time for strong leadership.

Agreed.

If you can't see it Stiffy_18, just prey Wallace doesn't get the job. If he does, he'll have the AFC board & executive dancing to his tune. He's already shown that at the Bulldogs. He ran the club, ultimately screwed it up & bailed out when it suited him.

The club has to be run for for the AFC, not to satisfy any one individual's needs.

As I said, time for strong leadership...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by dyertribe
Or maybe Triggy is trying to make it look like it's not. :D

That thought had crossed my mind too. ;)

In all seriousness, this whole Craig thing is totally unprofessional, and a farce.

He was either good enough or he wasn't good enough for the job at the time he was appointed acting coach.

Nobody with any genuine business acumen appoints someone to the most important executive position in their business on the basis of a few weeks trial.

You look for someone who has had years of appropriate background and experience, and possesses the necessary qualities to achieve the overall goals of that oganization.

The fact that Trigg is going to sit in the box to watch how he coaches is amateurish.

If this is the basis of Craig being appointed to the role of head coach of an AFL club, then the club is far worse shape than any of us imagined.

Re: Trigg in Coaches Boach

Originally posted by Jars458
Trigg has requested a spot in the coaches box on Saturday night to observe Neil Craig first hand.

Interesting.

Very interesting seeing Trigg coached Sturt for 2 years to 2 wooden spoons.

Now this is just a guess mind you, but I think the club protocol is that the CEO does not sit in the coaches box.

In the early days, CEO Bob Hammond was a selector (?) and sat in the box with Cornsey.

This occured simply because we had no one else at the AFC.

The club then decided this should'nt happen - the Coach needs his own space and they dont want arguements between the Coach and CEO. Not saying that happened...but both Campbell (a former coach himself) and Cornes aggreed that having the CEO in the box was'nt the best set up.

I think that's why they then added John Halbert as a selector around 92?

I suspect the reason why Trigg has asked is because he is only following club rules.

Re: Re: Trigg in Coaches Boach

Originally posted by sapaul
Very interesting seeing Trigg coached Sturt for 2 years to 2 wooden spoons.

Farrrrrrrrk!!! Just how many failed SANFL coaches can we lump into one club.

Reid

Trigg

Craig

When do McDermott and McGuiness get a gig in this glorious collection?? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Jerome
Now this is just a guess mind you, but I think the club protocol is that the CEO does not sit in the coaches box.

In the early days, CEO Bob Hammond was a selector (?) and sat in the box with Cornsey.

This occured simply because we had no one else at the AFC.

The club then decided this should'nt happen - the Coach needs his own space and they dont want arguements between the Coach and CEO. Not saying that happened...but both Campbell (a former coach himself) and Cornes aggreed that having the CEO in the box was'nt the best set up.

I think that's why they then added John Halbert as a selector around 92?

I suspect the reason why Trigg has asked is because he is only following club rules.
And those rules sound logical to me.

Originally posted by Stiffy_18
And those rules sound logical to me.

Yeah...they might be even more logical if I had of remembered that Campbell was the AFC President not CEO.

My bad, still I think in general the rules are that AFC officials stay clear of the coaches box.

Re: Re: Re: Trigg in Coaches Boach

Originally posted by macca23
Farrrrrrrrk!!! Just how many failed SANFL coaches can we lump into one club.

Reid

Trigg

Craig

When do McDermott and McGuiness get a gig in this glorious collection?? :rolleyes:

Daryl Hart
Mick Taylor
Greg Anderson
Mark Mickan didnt do anything really great at The Eagles...

Originally posted by Jerome
Yeah...they might be even more logical if I had of remembered that Campbell was the AFC President not CEO.
Was wondering about that too.

Also I think you mean Hammond. (You interchanged the two in your original post.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Trigg in Coaches Box

Remove this Banner Ad

Back