Banter TRTT Part 13: 2021 Goodbye (To 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Def Leppard were a good NWOBHM band

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Always found it funny the story 'peddled' about the drummer losing his arm. Car accident I believe was the company line.

Infected abscesses from being a spoonbender/harry head (intravenous drug user/addict) can be very bad if left untreated. Just saying

Always found it funny the story 'peddled' about the drummer losing his arm. Car accident I believe was the company line.

Infected abscesses from being a spoonbender/harry head (intravenous drug user/addict) can be very bad if left untreated. Just saying
I thought he walked into a plane propeller.

How the fukc do you walk into a plane propeller

It was night and a strong rain storm had swept across Sydney at the time. The cessna he was running to catch was parked in a dark corner of the airport at night so he didn't see the spinning propeller as he rushed through the rain to board it for the trip back to his Newcastle home.

He had been to watch the Sydney v Collingwood (iirc) game at the SCG. And also (iirc) alcohol was not deemed to be a factor in the incident.

His recovery from near death and his brave recovery and return to the golf circuit was inspirational.

See: The eight words that saved Jack Newton

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only the 2nd best NWOBHM band behind Saxon.

The lyrics to Denim and Leather, by Saxon, was my teenage years in that one song.

Nah, it goes:

Motorhead, Venom, Angel Witch, Witchfinder General. Roughly in that order.

As for Maiden, Powerslave and Seventh Son are classics. Everything else is a bit meh.

It was night and a strong rain storm had swept across Sydney at the time. The cessna he was running to catch was parked in a dark corner of the airport at night so he didn't see the spinning propeller as he rushed through the rain to board it for the trip back to his Newcastle home.

He had been to watch the Sydney v Collingwood (iirc) game at the SCG. And also (iirc) alcohol was not deemed to be a factor in the incident.

His recovery from near death and his brave recovery and return to the golf circuit was inspirational.

See: The eight words that saved Jack Newton
Having worked on flight lines for years in my previous life the other factor is the strobe effect from navigation lights etc - with the right conditions the prop can look stationary.

Nah, it goes:

As for Maiden, Powerslave and Seventh Son are classics. Everything else is a bit meh.
Motorhead not NWOBHM
I reckon Angel Witch had the best album of the actual era but couldn't go on with it. Diamondhead would have to be right up there in the best 2 or 3 as well

Nah, it goes:

Venom were more proto black metal and Motorhead were some sort of early metal/punk hybrid dealie. NWBOHOHM was all tight jeans and high screams and rippin solos and melodic guitars and shit

Motorhead not NWOBHM
I reckon Angel Witch had the best album of the actual era but couldn't go on with it. Diamondhead would have to be right up there in the best 2 or 3 as well
They are according to Wikipedia but I guess they came a bit earlier.

Tank - Filth Hounds of Hades I rate pretty highly too.

Motorhead not NWOBHM

you're an angel witch, you're an angel witch
x10000

gotta love calling themselves angel witch, their album angel witch, their song angel witch, then saying angel witch 8000 times in the chorus

My memory was that it was 'alcohol was not deemed to be a factor' (wink wink)

I was very young though and could have been taken in by chinese whispers

i reckon if you're not pissed, even in the dark a plane that's running you'd probably stay away from the spinny bits.

Venom were more proto black metal and Motorhead were some sort of early metal/punk hybrid dealie. NWBOHOHM was all tight jeans and high screams and rippin solos and melodic guitars and s**t
I think it was more of a movement than a particular sound. Witchfinder General was pretty much a Sabbath rip-off band with boobies on their album covers.

x10000

gotta love calling themselves angel witch, their album angel witch, their song angel witch, then saying angel witch 8000 times in the chorus

Someone here needs to set up a band called Sack Hinkley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back