U19 U/19 South(2) 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

I think your thinking of southern rd oval not Brindisi. Thats were SBMT U/19 2's played a majority of their games. Brindisi is neither wide or long. It is a very small ground.

della v ajax is going to be a dog fight. lots of sore ajax players could be the differencem and may be the result in della winning. ajax will need its big stars firing if they are to get up.

Sore Ajax boys being the difference is the most rediculous thing i have ever heard. Both teams have 6 days to prepare and the De La vs Hampton game was just as physical as the second game if not more! The difference will be if Ajax can withstand De La's physical pressure. It got them over the line yesterday against hampton there tackling and attack on the ball was second to none this year!

As for changes in the side no more than one should happen in the de la side if any at all, why change a team that played that brand of footy?

Great season by Hampton who played hard, strong footy all year, thought they would always be up against it yesterday with the strongest de la side entered all year taking to the park, and it showed.

As for davidson, can take a mark and can jump, teach the kid how to kick and he would be something to watch, but 7 pack marks for 1.6 doesnt do your team too much good.

Good luck to both teams this week, should be an absolute belter.

Sore Ajax boys being the difference is the most rediculous thing i have ever heard. Both teams have 6 days to prepare and the De La vs Hampton game was just as physical as the second game if not more! The difference will be if Ajax can withstand De La's physical pressure. It got them over the line yesterday against hampton there tackling and attack on the ball was second to none this year!

As for changes in the side no more than one should happen in the de la side if any at all, why change a team that played that brand of footy?

Great season by Hampton who played hard, strong footy all year, thought they would always be up against it yesterday with the strongest de la side entered all year taking to the park, and it showed.

As for davidson, can take a mark and can jump, teach the kid how to kick and he would be something to watch, but 7 pack marks for 1.6 doesnt do your team too much good.

Good luck to both teams this week, should be an absolute belter.

you are a tripper mate...how about we ask any impartial observers to comment on this...the ajax v monash game was 10 times more physical than any other game this year, let alone the hampton v de la game. Yes de la's pressure and tackling was great, but the quality of the game, the pressure, the tackling, the skills, everything about the monash v ajax game was in a completely different league to anything seen this year to date.

Yeah you sound pretty impartial as well mate. We will just see what happens this week, and see if Ajax can handle what de la throw at them, cause they definately didnt last time they met. If they do, they should win, fair?

one of the best quarters i have seen all year was the first between de la and hampton, cracking opening and wouldve made for one of the great games if the remaining three quarters had gone along a similar path... not to be however, de la putting a strong four quarter effort together, snuffing out the faintest of faint hopes when hampton put two quick goals on at the start of the last stanza.

de la pressure and tackling was fantastic, but one thing that really stood out for me was the way they worked the stoppages. time and time again they belted the ball forward with the same set play- was very intelligent football, im sure anyone who saw it and picked up on it would agree.

full credit to hampton as well, a strong season throughout though this result may have been more on the disappointing side for them. who was the hampton player with the big blonde-ish afro? hadnt seen him before, looked a likely type.

That blonde kid was alright... nothing out of the ordinary did a few of the more uncoordinated things ive witnessed. Had a more than decent crack though, as did all the hampton boys. Was impressed by their endeavour throughout, even when de la were right on top.

you are a tripper mate...how about we ask any impartial observers to comment on this...the ajax v monash game was 10 times more physical than any other game this year, let alone the hampton v de la game. Yes de la's pressure and tackling was great, but the quality of the game, the pressure, the tackling, the skills, everything about the monash v ajax game was in a completely different league to anything seen this year to date.
'
agreed. Ajax were very hard for 3 quarters but just seemd to fall away in the last, maybe they ran out of legs? It is my opinion is that they will make light work of de la with their superior running midfield.

Who will stop Fayman is another question

'
agreed. Ajax were very hard for 3 quarters but just seemd to fall away in the last, maybe they ran out of legs? It is my opinion is that they will make light work of de la with their superior running midfield.

Who will stop Fayman is another question

Fayman is undoubtedly a key in the game. De la have minimised his unfluence on the game twice and must do it again. As for the midfields, i would have said they were fairly evenly matched. The difference in the game will be whether or not de la can play 4 quarters, because ajax may be able to turn it on for one quarter and kick 7 or 8 goals, de la will need to work all day to get on top and wont find it so easy to score quickly and dominate the jackas.

Even if you are right saint35.. surely you still view the sore Ajax boys as a legitimately stupid thing to say?

Of course it is stupid. Injuries are never an excuse the following week. We will field a team of hopefully 24, and whats out there will play de la. Yes they hurt us in the last quarter this week, but monash still had 2 put the score on the board, and they did.

As for lavaman, you're just a dumb shit with nothing better to do than take cheep shots at any team you want. So do us a favour and spill your bullshit elsewhere. How can injuries and heart be talked about together? You can't play if you tear a hamstring? It happens in AFL aswell...Robert Harvey has done about 20 of them in his career, would you say he has no heart? So Piss Off.

Fayman is undoubtedly a key in the game. De la have minimised his unfluence on the game twice and must do it again. As for the midfields, i would have said they were fairly evenly matched. The difference in the game will be whether or not de la can play 4 quarters, because ajax may be able to turn it on for one quarter and kick 7 or 8 goals, de la will need to work all day to get on top and wont find it so easy to score quickly and dominate the jackas.

what makes Fayman a gun is that he can hold his own in the air and also on the ground. A few times against Monash I saw him fly for a mark, the ball went to ground and then he just attacked it and was able to slot a goal

i believe the only way to stop fayman is if the team stick an extra player right in front of him... maybe if even 2 if his having a really good day. if della decide not to play lose men in front of him then its wingman and onballers must work back hard to get into his space and minimise his room to move. i think this will be a tight contest and ajax will have to give its all to get up and win. i'm sure we all would like to see a rematch of ajax v monash!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i believe the only way to stop fayman is if the team stick an extra player right in front of him... maybe if even 2 if his having a really good day. if della decide not to play lose men in front of him then its wingman and onballers must work back hard to get into his space and minimise his room to move. i think this will be a tight contest and ajax will have to give its all to get up and win. i'm sure we all would like to see a rematch of ajax v monash!

both monash and ajax are super skilled but are not physical at all. modern afl with the handballing and such has less of an influence on physicality and this is why monash and ajax have had an edge on the rest of the comp. the de la hampton game was clearly harder and rougher.

i think we are all sick of seeing ajax vs monash because ajax could try 100 times and they won't get near monash because monash are faster, stronger and more skilled and therefore beat ajax at their own game.

the ajax side barely ever changes unlike de la. ajax are predictable whereas de la's inclusions make them better than they have been all year.

de la vs. monash grand final would be the best result. if it's ajax vs. monash then we can engrave monashs trophey already.

hooever plays on fayman, tell him lenny hayes did his hammy again and will miss the remainder of the season. He'l be to distrought to dominate!

what makes Fayman a gun is that he can hold his own in the air and also on the ground. A few times against Monash I saw him fly for a mark, the ball went to ground and then he just attacked it and was able to slot a goal

Fayman only kicked 1 goal from a mark.

The other 4 he was trying to push his man under the ball so he could skink them out the back Ala Alistair Lynch.
Monash had no support for there full back, when he got swamped by the 5 other fwds and 3 midfielders who were running fwd of the ball.

De la played a spare man back against Davidson obviously it worked, however Davidson's downfall is that he cant kick.

As for this hardness nonsense...especially the De La v Hampton final circle jerk in here.
I saw no real evidence of the De La v Hampton game being any harder than the Monash v Ajax game.

Scoreline of that game might suggest no level of hardness from one team in particular.
Ajax were physically dominant for 3 quarters and still couldn't do the job. its gonna take a 4 quarter physical effort against Monash.

gee there mr serious....I thought there was no funny business on this forum! pull your finger out of your bum

you are an absolute tosser - firstly, what's funny about my statement? weekend hussler charged home to a great victory? i dont see the humour there. secondly, wats not funny is the 12 yr old girl sarcasm. ill make up an example. lets say monash beats parky by 50 goals (not too far off the truth) u **** would write this - 'like it was the funnest game, we delibrately lost to monash ; -lol. they wouldn't give us a turn haha' - that is jsut ***** irritating you degenerate. u blokes are shit and i will refer back to the day the de la player cleaned up a parky player from behind after he marked it and not one parky player even said anything to him let alone remonstrate.

btw, hampton vs de la will be match of the year. clearly davidson is a very good player as he got in the bests twice in the seniors out of 4 games and kicked 37 goals in 6 weeks!!!! but de la should not go out there with a game plan to stop davidson, because if tehy focus too much on him they won't win, they need to try set the standard rather than reply to hampton. he played ajax both times for a combined 3 goals and kicked 27/37 against parky, pens and mhsob. de la also need to stop hampton getting the jump - last time hampton kicked 0.8 in the first to de la's 3.2. but they kicked the first 5 or 6 points within the first 5 mins before de la had realised wat was happening. if those had been goals the 53 point win to de la might have been different.

see you there[/quote]

first of all you are probably the biggest gimp on this forum and just about every user has said it....secondly i never said anything like 'like it was the funnest game, we delibrately lost to monash ; -lol. they wouldn't give us a turn haha' i think monash are a good team and i can take a loss on the chin...i couldnt give a shit wat team beat us by how many points....I will refer back to the day we showed our full team against de la the second time and beat them. And thirdly how the fu*k would you know wat was said when the dog from de la cleaned up one of our blokes....you were cleary only watching form a distance...things were said and we got on with the game..your a gimp!

The Saint, surely you cant be a player in the U19 competition. The way you carry on and act makes you seem like a 2 year old. No need for personal attacks my friend. I called it how i saw it, if you dont agree with me...fair enough. Just calm down a little mate and act your age!

As for the incident TheSaint, those boys that came off did not 'do there hamstring' as you are suggesting, they were suffering from cramp. And i didn't see them return to the field. This occured with 10 minutes left. If you cannot will yourself to play out the final minutes of such a close game due to cramp that occured with 10 minutes left, you lack heart and guts! Thats how i see it anyway.

you are an absolute tosser - firstly, what's funny about my statement? weekend hussler charged home to a great victory? i dont see the humour there. secondly, wats not funny is the 12 yr old girl sarcasm. ill make up an example. lets say monash beats parky by 50 goals (not too far off the truth) u **** would write this - 'like it was the funnest game, we delibrately lost to monash ; -lol. they wouldn't give us a turn haha' - that is jsut ***** irritating you degenerate. u blokes are shit and i will refer back to the day the de la player cleaned up a parky player from behind after he marked it and not one parky player even said anything to him let alone remonstrate.

btw, hampton vs de la will be match of the year. clearly davidson is a very good player as he got in the bests twice in the seniors out of 4 games and kicked 37 goals in 6 weeks!!!! but de la should not go out there with a game plan to stop davidson, because if tehy focus too much on him they won't win, they need to try set the standard rather than reply to hampton. he played ajax both times for a combined 3 goals and kicked 27/37 against parky, pens and mhsob. de la also need to stop hampton getting the jump - last time hampton kicked 0.8 in the first to de la's 3.2. but they kicked the first 5 or 6 points within the first 5 mins before de la had realised wat was happening. if those had been goals the 53 point win to de la might have been different.

see you there

first of all you are probably the biggest gimp on this forum and just about every user has said it....secondly i never said anything like 'like it was the funnest game, we delibrately lost to monash ; -lol. they wouldn't give us a turn haha' i think monash are a good team and i can take a loss on the chin...i couldnt give a shit wat team beat us by how many points....I will refer back to the day we showed our full team against de la the second time and beat them. And thirdly how the fu*k would you know wat was said when the dog from de la cleaned up one of our blokes....you were cleary only watching form a distance...things were said and we got on with the game..your a gimp![/quote]

You still talking redman? How about we just leave the South2 talk to the teams who made finals, and if you do wanna talk, dont bag ajax, hampton, de la or monash as they all made the finals and you didnt. To trash talk De La after they have just progressed to the top 3 is utterly rediculous. Even your full side that beat De La the second time would not have challenged the side they put on the park against hampton on saturday, Was a quality outfit.

DLS VS AJAX - i think de la will win by 30 points but it will be very close all day. this result isn't based on my hate for ajax either. they are the biggest w***ers in the world though. the more submissive they get, the more you want to hurt them. anyone else feel this way?

brindisi is a smaller ground and as ajax rely on run and carry this may benefit de la in the clinches. de la just have to ensure ajax don't get fast breaks from half back. the wideness will play to both teams strengths, as both love to carry up the wings. 19 degrees and sunny for saturday and reports on here from last week said ajax couldn't run it out, also brindisi is known to be very very hard. cramp will be a problem.

the final point is that having a look at last weeks teams. when compared to the last time de la and ajax played, de la have about 8 different whereas ajax have about 3 different. a depleted de la side beat a full strength ajax side last time. what will happen this time?

I think the danger man of the finals is number 11 for de la, did the job on davidson on the weekend, although davidson still had the shots on goal, he pushed him to the flanks. This guy definatley gets the job Fayman this week, can play. Anyone knoe his name??

Beau Hill, but mayeb you should BACK UP crooker and stop being such a KNOBBERS, youll catch me doing the SALMON DANCE before i LICK MY LENNON and agree with your comment.

Just high fiving yourself teeeeps

Thats it Beau Hill, kid can play. Thanks for that, u get MY PENNY, Bellboy. Does anyone else agree, the kid did a good job on Davidson?? Whos this TEEPS character that u talk about??

I think the danger man of the finals is number 11 for de la, did the job on davidson on the weekend, although davidson still had the shots on goal, he pushed him to the flanks. This guy definatley gets the job Fayman this week, can play. Anyone knoe his name??

yeah beau hill, heart and soul of the de la salle football club. not a flashy player but does his job week in week out. super super player.

Remove this Banner Ad

U19 U/19 South(2) 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Back