U19 U/19 South(2) 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

st bedes twos were just beaten by a more focused n dedicated team on the weekend anyteam that is that f ukin soft they go in the changerooms during quarter and three quarter time have some serious issues to improve on, starting with the search for there balls

one of the blokes had a cold... one in all in i say... if one bloke has the sniffles, then the whole team has the sniffles... just the way its done down at tigerland

Looking forward to seeing how Fayman goes against a decent backline for once.
From what ive heard and/or seen, the opposition in the back half has been pretty putrid to date, so it'l see if the kid is really a 'superstar'.

If Fayman is number 23 then Monash are going to have there hands full, the kid kicked 6 on a day that most couldn't pick up the ball. Despite the fact Ajax wont win a tap all day as their ruck division is nothing short of a joke, there midfield will be to good for Monash. But its Monash's talls up forward and giving first use around the ground that will give them a sniff.
The key to Ajax winning is ensuring they get numbers to the contest to ensure they wont be simply outmarked one on one by their taller opponents.
And for Monash, stop number 23 ( if he plays as many on here are suggesting he may get promoted to the ones) and theres a little kid that runs around in the forward line with a helmet on. Real tough nut that needs to be watched too.
Monash by a kick!

If Ajax want to win, I suggest they send a dummy CHF to the forward 50 and hope to God that Sammy Barring goes with him, and then try to take Sammy out of the contest by making dummy leads and wandering away from the ball. Otherwise, Sammy will set-up from the HB line and kill them. Mind you, not much gets past the Monash coach so you wouldn't want to be too conspicuous in any such tactical plays.

Also, they'd want to seriously consider putting a ruck-rover on the big Daniel Montoya, to try to go with him around the ground. Unless their ruckman has a big, big engine, he simply won't be able to go with Monty around the ground and for this they will pay a heavy price. Monty is one of the best shots on goal from with 40m in the league, and if you take your eye off him for one second or struggle to keep up with him on the burst, he will hurt you every time. Guys like Justin 'Wally' Waldron look for him and hit him on the tit 9 times out of 10 - actually, in Wally's case, make that 10 times out of 10.

As for Monash, their best bet is to go hard at the ball from the start - as they normally do. Ajax are known to be a little mentally 'soft' (except for a few players - they always seem to have 2 or 3 who buck the trend of their teammates), particularly when getting beaten. If Ajax open up a 2-3 goal lead by quarter-time then it is game on, but if Monash have a lead of 2-3 goals then a smart bookie would have Monash at odds close to unbackable.

Let's be honest - if the weather is fine, Ajax will have their hands full. But if they can shut down the Blues' major players, they are a decent chance in what promises to be an exciting game. Might even wander down for a look myself...

st bedes twos were just beaten by a more focused n dedicated team on the weekend anyteam that is that f ukin soft they go in the changerooms during quarter and three quarter time have some serious issues to improve on, starting with the search for there balls

How convenient of you to leave out the fact that parkdale errected a tent over there bench so the players could sit out of the rain while the mentone players were forced to stand in the rain with only there jumpers to keep them warm.

Are you kidding?? Harden the f*ck up St. Bedes, especially the bloke with a cold..
na it was a real bad cold you should have seen it, like the worst runny nose ive ever seen... maybe if the bedes had of told parky about it they could have put a tarp over the tiges bench... would have been nothing compared to the tarj mahal the vultures had set up but

If Ajax want to win, I suggest they send a dummy CHF to the forward 50 and hope to God that Sammy Barring goes with him, and then try to take Sammy out of the contest by making dummy leads and wandering away from the ball. Otherwise, Sammy will set-up from the HB line and kill them. Mind you, not much gets past the Monash coach so you wouldn't want to be too conspicuous in any such tactical plays.

Also, they'd want to seriously consider putting a ruck-rover on the big Daniel Montoya, to try to go with him around the ground. Unless their ruckman has a big, big engine, he simply won't be able to go with Monty around the ground and for this they will pay a heavy price. Monty is one of the best shots on goal from with 40m in the league, and if you take your eye off him for one second or struggle to keep up with him on the burst, he will hurt you every time. Guys like Justin 'Wally' Waldron look for him and hit him on the tit 9 times out of 10 - actually, in Wally's case, make that 10 times out of 10.

As for Monash, their best bet is to go hard at the ball from the start - as they normally do. Ajax are known to be a little mentally 'soft' (except for a few players - they always seem to have 2 or 3 who buck the trend of their teammates), particularly when getting beaten. If Ajax open up a 2-3 goal lead by quarter-time then it is game on, but if Monash have a lead of 2-3 goals then a smart bookie would have Monash at odds close to unbackable.

Let's be honest - if the weather is fine, Ajax will have their hands full. But if they can shut down the Blues' major players, they are a decent chance in what promises to be an exciting game. Might even wander down for a look myself...
mate u have tipped ajax and then pumped up monash's tyre pretty big. justin waldron couldnt get a kick in a street fight and ur obvouisly from monash. very sad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tips:
hampton over bedes by 100 points
Ajax over monash by 1 point(could go either way)
De La over Bentleigh by 20 points
melb high over parkdale by 10 points
p/caulf to notch up first win over peninsula by 10 points

result of ajax vs. monash either way will be crucial to the rest of the season

mate u have tipped ajax and then pumped up monash's tyre pretty big. justin waldron couldnt get a kick in a street fight and ur obvouisly from monash. very sad

Thats because he is too busy getting a kick on the field.
Just because he tipped Ajax, doesn't mean he cant give another team respect. I have seen monash play a couple of times and when they play, they play. Under estimate them at your own peril. Oh and your obviously from Ajax, even sadder.

Good win by parkdale today, over a lackluster Melbourne High, who seemed half asleep, which parkdale took advantage and never looked back. Anyone know the results of Ajax and Monash yet?

Monash had an average first half, down by about ten
to have a complete turn around in the second half to
run over a slightly over rated Ajax by 29 points.
23, kicked 2.4 or there abouts, one was a complete
gimmie as well

i went down to watch this game and in defence of number 23 he was tagged very heavily, and the ball rarely came inside the foward 50 in the second half. i think he finished with 3.4 but had very limited opportunities.

Hampton beat bedes by a fair bit after trailing by 3 goals at half time. Rovers were jsut to good for the Tiges who couldn't match it with them after half time.

i went down to watch this game and in defence of number 23 he was tagged very heavily, and the ball rarely came inside the foward 50 in the second half. i think he finished with 3.4 but had very limited opportunities.

Any good forward should be able to deal with a solid tag, its not like he was double teamed.
Or any good team should be able to step up with another player to fill the heavy tag. 2.4 , 3.4. He still kicked 4 points, and they weren't all hard kicks, it would have won them the match.

MHSOBA played like a primary school team today.
Down to 18 players after 6 minutes, due to 2 quick injuries (started with 20) + 3 late withdrawals and 2 1's inclusions.

Next Week should get 3-5 players back and be more competitive.

Another classic melbourne high season ruined by injuries

Any good forward should be able to deal with a solid tag, its not like he was double teamed.
Or any good team should be able to step up with another player to fill the heavy tag. 2.4 , 3.4. He still kicked 4 points, and they weren't all hard kicks, it would have won them the match.

Precisely.

I went down to see this game, thinking it would be a ripper contest.I was slightly disappointed.

Monash werent half as good as they were against Hampton. They fumbled, dropped marks and just werent ready for the Ajax run.

Which coincidently only goes one way... thats forward.

I really hate that style of... kick of the ground handball forward to nothing... soft footy. If Ajax were as a solid hitout as Monash are gonna get then they wont get challenged too much this season.

This number 23 (Fayman)... whats that say about Peninsular that this guy kicked 14, while he does read it superbly in the air and uses body well.
The guy missed at least 3 set shots from 35, an absolute gimme running into open goal, and the only 2 goals he got were from running out the back door....and yes at no stage in the match was he ever double teamed. In the end he was running up to the midfield to get kicks.

Ajax only about a goal up at halftime, managed so stave off a Monash 3 goal quick burst, by re-leveling the scores, but Monash last quarter was excellent, by that time Ajax were flat and tired and dropped there heads once they lost the lead. For the record they got up by 30pts

Monash ruck division dominated, and when their ruckmen rested forward were a handful. However there not without there run and skill, while all the talk is about this height they've got ball users and a game plan that inspires run, especially from the half back line, which is one of the strongest ive seen.

Ps. Umpiring was ____ing disgraceful

i hear prahran/caulfield had there first win. congrats. peninsula are ordinary and soft. someone told me their coach walked out on the 2 weeks ago. is this true? if so, i don't blame him.

parkdale smashed melb high and don't give us that crap abnout 5 players coming in next week. melb high are poo and will struggle to win another game.

monash will land on top of the ladder because they are clearly best. only question is, will they go undefeated through the season? and the finals for that matter

i had a friend watching de la vs. bentleigh and heard it was a ripper just as the scoreline says. bentleigh had a strong team in who will take it up to any team in the comp so don't count them out. wouldn't be suprised to see them in the finals even (instead of hampton).

and last game hampton beat st bedes. what the hell happened there? bedes leading at half time to have 3 shots in the last half compared to hamptons 25!! were st bedes just soft as they proved last week or what?

i'm calling bentleigh v hampton this week match of the round. wouldn't be suprised to see an upset.... what does everyone else think?

Remove this Banner Ad

U19 U/19 South(2) 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Back