Umpires kick the last goal to win the game

Remove this Banner Ad

Finally, and this goes both ways - sort out the ****ing HTB interpretation!! Is there such a thing as incorrect disposal anymore, based on tonight, I couldn't honestly tell you.

Hasn't been all year. I think I've seen one 'dropping the ball' decision paid this year.

Finally, and this goes both ways - sort out the ****ing HTB interpretation!! Is there such a thing as incorrect disposal anymore, based on tonight, I couldn't honestly tell you.

The wording of the law is very lenient even with prior opportunity, you literally have to throw it. But that didn't matter when doughty? dropped it didak? style, HTB in front of goal in the 3rd, they got a goal and didn't look back.

There really is no thing as dropping the ball. If the player with the ball is not skilled enough to keep hold of the ball it is play on.

I mean when it's in a tackle...

If a player gets tackled and the ball spills free without him handballing or kicking it, once upon a time that was a free kick. Now that's only a free kick if the player has run 30 metres and dodged 5 opposition players before it happens.

+ Collingwood will be in the finals for the next twently years. When the finals are schedueled at the ground they play at nearly every game at, they have the biggest advantage in the world.

The game is "scheduled" there because we made the top 4 buddy, hence we get two home games in a row whether we win or lose the first game.

Also we're sorry for showing up to support our club and giving them a so-called "finals like atmosphere" in home and away matches. Perhaps you should suggest an attendance cap?

jeezus you played 4 games interstate?

10/16 teams are Victorian. In 2009 we only had 5 games with a clear home ground advantage compared to your 10. We play 4 out of the 6 interstate teams away. What difference would 2 more interstate games over the course of the season made? It all evens out and in the end means shit all.

Oh, and add Harry O'Brien; I'll watch it again tommorow :)() but he flogged Porps; and I reckon there were a couple of times he was tackling/holding him before he got the ball. Our forward line always seems to get screwed over.

I can't begin to tell you how annoyed I am at O'Brien. He got away with so much it was a joke.

I know how disappointing it is when it is decided by a free at the end.

But the crows only have themselves to blame.

It reminds me of the 96 SANFL prelim final when Hodges got that free (that was also there) the only difference is the crows were given plenty of frees that resulted in goals aswell where as Norwood were given nothing and robbed all day which was far worse.

10/16 teams are Victorian. In 2009 we only had 5 games with a clear home ground advantage compared to your 10. We play 4 out of the 6 interstate teams away. What difference would 2 more interstate games over the course of the season made? It all evens out and in the end means shit all.

That works both ways.

How many games did you play where you had a clear home ground disadvantage, compared to Adelaide?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the end the free was there and any Adelaide fan would have hated seeing it get paid. It was soooo stupid from Rutten. Less than a minute left, go the punch! Create a 50/50 ball and lock it in. Work it to the boundary. Even if Rutten didnt hold Anthony, it would have been a 2v2 pack. Doubt Anthony would have marked it.... Poor play Rutten.

I dont blame him though. Id be more inclined to blame Goodwins stuuuupid dragging of Lockyer down after he marked it in the 1st quarter. Resulted in a 50m penalty and a goal. From a captain, that is a piss poor effort.

Theres probably a hundred things that lost the game for the crows. Could blame that pathetic bounce on the goal line from hentchel. 99% of the time those balls roll end on end and go through. In the end the the crows lost a 5 goal lead with a little help from an injury to Knights. Team effort...

was just thinking about the shot at goal that Shirley had that went out on the full in the 3rd, when Dick i think had to be pulled back off the mark, the umpire called him back a couple of times then went up to him and said excuse me please go back a metre, thats a ****ing 50 everyday of the week, but for some reason the 50's were only there for Collingwood.
That's some pretty pathetic straw clutching there.

bad luck guys, that must be bloody shattering.

however this should be a thread about goal kicking. You missed 4 really gettable ones in the 2nd qtr that would put you 8 - 9 goals up and the game beyond Collingwood.

umps were OK, and Collingwood should never have been in a position to win it, and that was the fault of the Crows, no one else.

Can't blame umpires with this one guys. The free was there. Rutten is far more professional than that. Reminds of an incedent this year however. Go back and have a look at the Barry Hall 100m penalty.....I think you will find the reason he went off his trolly is that he was being held by the arm (far more obvioulsy than Truck on Anthony)........so you have to wonder why at this stage of the year and game they decide to pull that one out. Smacked of square up for Tippetts couple at the other end for mine.....oh well lets move on to 2010 (after a few tough list decisions for some fav sons of the AFC.)

The free kick was definitely there, but Collingwood were lucky that the umpire had a clear view. That said, Adelaide had more free kicks, and there is no way known that Collingwood should have had a six day break after finishing higher on the ladder, while Adelaide had an eight day break.

It was also nice of Collingwood to allow Adelaide to wear their home uniform because Collingwood had the right to wear black shorts after finishing higher. I hope they don't do that again, and at least they'll be back in black shorts next week against Geelong.
please **** off and **** off now?

free was there

bottom line is that early in the 2nd qtr we had the opportunity to put collingwood away and we failed to take the opportunity

The free was there, no question. The most disappointing thing is that in two crunch finals in the last 2 years, our most experienced players have made shocking errors in the dieing seconds. In 2007 it was Thompson's out on the full. Last night, Rutten's arm grab instead of going the punch, like he does 99 times out of 100.

Pressure does it to you.

Basically we need to finish Top 4 next year to have a decent crack. It's pretty blatant. And I'm confident we will.

I can't begin to tell you how annoyed I am at O'Brien. He got away with so much it was a joke.
Always does. He and Presti are two of the best at scragging 'unnoticed'

He tunnelled Burton last time at AAMI which caused his back injury and this game he was holding, holding and holding some more, yet he must cloak it well for the men in yellow, because they don't see i, so he keeps doing it more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Umpires kick the last goal to win the game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back