Under 19 (2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really would be interesting to see St Bedes in the premier division. Are they getting sick of winning every game by over 80 points?

I would think they are heartily sick of it, and will welcome the opportunity to wipe a few smug looks off the existing 19(1) sides next year.

The VAFA are in a crappy situation with this, you can't promote teams two divisions in January just on the basis of potential, and promoting midseason just asks for problems. WRFL juniors (eg U12) have a regrading after three rounds, and a review after five. There is a lingering smell about some teams who conveniently lost the first few rounds to average sides, got dropped a grade, and then start winning everything by 15 goals plus a la St Bedes. Unfortunately, for some teams and administrators, flags are more important than the game and the kids who play it.

My tips for this week will go as follows:

Beaumaris to defeat old paradians by over 30 points, although they are down on confidence they are at there home ground, i believe they will bounce back.
Old Brighton will be victorious with a healthy 60+ point win, they will simply be too strong for the collegian side.
Caulfield will defeat whitefriars by 75 points simply because whitefriars are a far too undeveloped side, they are lost out on the field.
Old Melburnians will provide an upset against old camberwell by 12 points
and finally St. Bedes Mentone to defeat Banyule quite comfortably by over 80+ points, although they will have a long way to travel they will still do what they do week in and week out, crush sides.

Cheers Achilles

It will be interesting to see how st bedes go next year in premier league when the many of their players are too old for u19's.

It will be interesting to see how st bedes go next year in premier league when the many of their players are too old for u19's.

Yes, I reckon they will be alright. Not as good as this year, but very competitive ! There are around 7 or 8 who will play again. And there's 5 or 6 good players in the under 17's, not to mention several from the under 19's second team that will improve no doubt.

Unknown - you make a good point and one that Entoure or Johnny Blaze may comment on.

> 90% of their Div 2 list will be ineligible to play U19's next year i.e. only 3-4 players + some from their 2nd U19 team + current U17's will play for them in Premier Div in 2008. No wonder they are dominating this year.

> it would appear that 2007 was their 'competitive window' to produce a strong team for Premier, thus their determination to get into Premier this year.

> Word is that they may be asking the league to stay in Div 2 in 2008 due to the side losing so many players - after agressive posts, I doubt if league would cater for this request.

Cardio

Yes, I reckon they will be alright. Not as good as this year, but very competitive ! There are around 7 or 8 who will play again. And there's 5 or 6 good players in the under 17's, not to mention several from the under 19's second team that will improve no doubt.

Entoure: we seemed to have crossed over posts.

i have it on very good authority that only 3-4 will be there next year.

Are you able to name your 7-8 regular Div 2 players that will stay down?

Entoure: we seemed to have crossed over posts.

i have it on very good authority that only 3-4 will be there next year.

Are you able to name your 7-8 regular Div 2 players that will stay down?

Yes I can Cardio Carl,
Kean
Kane
Kelleher
Neville
Rafferty
Ryan
Zagami
Swayne

Thats 8 !

ok...I'll just go out the back and kick the dog!

Crikey - gave him a nudge and he bit me and said, throw these stats up to the lad - perhaps he was saying only 3-4 could actually play good football worthy of Premier Division

Kean - has played 9 games in Div 2 this year and been in best 5 times (ok)
Kane - has played 5 South and 3 Div 2 with no bests (mmm)
Kelleher - has played 6 in Div 2 with no bests (mmm)
Neville - Played 10 in Div 2 with 5 bests (ok)
Rafferty - Played 8 Div 2 with no bests (a big mmm)
Ryan - Played 5 in Div2 with 1 best (mmm)
Zagami - played all 10 games and never in the best (a big mmm)
Swayne - played 5 seniors and 4 Div2 - this guy you would say will be Seniors most of next year

Really, at this stage only Kean (I hear is a very small Ruckman - Premier Div Rucks will see him out) & Neville & maybe Ryan based on their preformance this year would hold their own. Others, granted they could improve over summer - however would need to improve BIG TIME.

Now that you have identified them we can now really see the talent fall-out as the team heads to premier in 2008.

I'm not against the boys as they have done a fantastic job, however all the talk and hoopla that goes on about them and how competitve they will be Premier division next year I think is ill founded when you break down the facts.

What we have put up here shows some significant deficiencies that will have to be borne by some guys that will need alot of development.

i beleive there team will still be very competitve next year... i also heard Brown will be able to go around again in 2008 and he has been dominating the middle this year.... There are plenty of St Bedes/mentone 17s and Cheltenham 17s that will be walk up starters next year... dont write off the boys next year yet... lets just concentrate on this year first..

**i wonder if there STAR team manager will go around again?!**

i beleive there team will still be very competitve next year... i also heard Brown will be able to go around again in 2008 and he has been dominating the middle this year.... There are plenty of St Bedes/mentone 17s and Cheltenham 17s that will be walk up starters next year... dont write off the boys next year yet... lets just concentrate on this year first..

Without writing them off - I think everyone would agree that to ask 15-18 Under 17's this year to step up to U19 VAFA Premier Division is going to be one hell of a task. In fact the club may loose more than it gains as some of these guys may not take up the challenge and go elsewhere?

Crikey - gave him a nudge and he bit me and said, throw these stats up to the lad - perhaps he was saying only 3-4 could actually play good football worthy of Premier Division

Swayne - played 5 seniors and 4 Div2 - this guy you would say will be Seniors most of next year

Really, at this stage only Kean (I hear is a very small Ruckman - Premier Div Rucks will see him out) & Neville & maybe Ryan based on their preformance this year would hold their own. Others, granted they could improve over summer - however would need to improve BIG TIME.

Now that you have identified them we can now really see the talent fall-out as the team heads to premier in 2008.

I'm not against the boys as they have done a fantastic job, however all the talk and hoopla that goes on about them and how competitve they will be Premier division next year I think is ill founded when you break down the facts.

What we have put up here shows some significant deficiencies that will have to be borne by some guys that will need alot of development.

CC

Happy to say they could capture 5 home wins in 2008 in Premier. And happy to think they could get 4 away wins too.

9 and 9 . . . not too bad at all ? !

The home ground is simply a terrible place to venture for some teams.

cardio carl it sounds like you know everything about st.bedes, apparently pat kean is a ruckman? in the future think about what your going to say. st.bedes will definatly be competitive next year due to many cheltenham,st.peters and st.bedes 17's teams rising up to the challenge + the previous 8 or 9 named above. St.bedes will continue to concentrate on winning this years premiership and will think about next year at the appropriate time.

give it a wash cardio. your research needs improving undoubtfully, you terrible excuse for a humanbeing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would be interested to know how many games you have watched of St Bedes this year? you cant purely just judge someone on how many times they have been in the best.. judge them when you see them play and the work they do on the feild.. i thought i would take it on board to write a quick line about each player you mentioned
You are mistaken between Patty Kean and Alex Kane
Kean plays as a winger/half foward.. left footer. Clean hands and hits the contest hard..
Kane half foward or half back.. strong hands getting better every game
Kelleher has been holding up and end in the backline, does his job week in week out...
Neville is dominating off Half Back.. plays tall when need be.. great hands, hard as nails
Rafferty plays half foward, works hard up and down the ground
Ryan plays fullfoward only a 16 year old kid, extremely good hands knows how to kick the goals, many years ahead of him..
Zagami clean hands, goes hard at it, great in traffic...
i doubt swayne would play many games at all next year..
Brown(middle) Smith(foward) and Knupple(ruckman) can all play next year and have all been dominating this year. Knupple has played One Game in the seniors.
i would say the team is looking strong.. although they wouldnt have enough for two teams.

Cardio, I cannot remember anybody saying that St Bedes Would kill it in Premier division in 2008. From what I have been reading , St Bedes would have gone very well in Premier division this year !!! and will be competitive next year.
And Stop reading the stats on the vafa website, you will go blind !

I have heard on the grapevine that the St Bedes Team Manager will be hanging up his boots at the end of the year. The players are no longer listening to him. Next year he is going to arrive at 2:05 p.m for each game.

I have heard on the grapevine that the St Bedes Team Manager will be hanging up his boots at the end of the year. The players are no longer listening to him. Next year he is going to arrive at 2:05 p.m for each game.

rod will stay thats for sure... and he doesnt wear boots hes only the manager. he wears aquila

what about the weekends games... anyone hear about the new sean smith? adam ryan was allegedly in the clouds of banyule with a ripper mark.. anyone have confirmation of this effort?
word on the street is he will be walking into the 1sts at st bedes next year, that is if he doesnt play in the 1s the rest of the season

rod will stay thats for sure... and he doesnt wear boots hes only the manager. he wears aquila

what about the weekends games... anyone hear about the new sean smith? adam ryan was allegedly in the clouds of banyule with a ripper mark.. anyone have confirmation of this effort?
word on the street is he will be walking into the 1sts at st bedes next year, that is if he doesnt play in the 1s the rest of the season

Unfortunately he cannot kick. 1 goal 4 behinds I believe !

Unfortunatly Cardio, i cant claim as much St Bedes knowledge as the folks above me.
What i can say, is that i think that this years team would be far and above more competitive in Premier than anything that will be put together next year.
Having said that, never doubt coach Lalor, the master recruiter.

Unfortunately he cannot kick. 1 goal 4 behinds I believe !

Keeping that in mind, you must also understand entoure that the conditions weren't exactly the best. Rain cause the ground to be quite muddy and slippery, not to mention the wind aswell

whats more, all players at one time or another have an off day on the field, looking back a few weeks ago the power forward Thomas Quinn also had a rough game in front of goal with 1.4 playing for the U/19s South side. additionally the essential component of the tigers forward structure, Chad Ryan, kicked 0 goals on the w/e, yet he will no doubt be mentone's leading goal kicker in the coming weeks with big mitch bodinaar out for 6-8 weeks.
dont simply make assumptions like this entoure, even the best have an off day!

Don't you guys worry about how St.Bedes will do next year. There a bunch of talented kids in the 17's including another neville. And a kid by the name of Tom Doherty will set the VAFA alight next season. Just you wait.

cardio carl it sounds like you know everything about st.bedes, apparently pat kean is a ruckman? in the future think about what your going to say. st.bedes will definatly be competitive next year due to many cheltenham,st.peters and st.bedes 17's teams rising up to the challenge + the previous 8 or 9 named above. St.bedes will continue to concentrate on winning this years premiership and will think about next year at the appropriate time.

give it a wash cardio. your research needs improving undoubtfully, you terrible excuse for a humanbeing

May be a poor excuse for a human being at least not one with little intellegence and foresight as you Dropkick.

All you say above is subjective - i.e.based on your personal feeling.

Give me a team of big bodied 19 YO's in their 2nd year of Premier Division against ANY 17.5-18.0 YO that have just come out of Moorabbin Saints JUNIOR Football league.

As a new poster JD its all about healthy discussion - if you want to head down the gutter trap then your P****ing your comments against the wall.

I would be interested to know how many games you have watched of St Bedes this year? you cant purely just judge someone on how many times they have been in the best.. judge them when you see them play and the work they do on the feild.. i thought i would take it on board to write a quick line about each player you mentioned
You are mistaken between Patty Kean and Alex Kane
Kean plays as a winger/half foward.. left footer. Clean hands and hits the contest hard.. good speed - needs to toughen up
Kane
half foward or half back.. strong hands getting better every game - missed him
Kelleher has been holding up and end in the backline, does his job week in week out... agree - however is very small and will only be suitedto a back pocket
Neville is dominating off Half Back.. plays tall when need be.. great hands, hard as nails - agree - will need to 'lighten up' and gain some speed
Rafferty plays half foward, works hard up and down the ground - needs more speed
Ryan plays fullfoward only a 16 year old kid, extremely good hands knows how to kick the goals, many years ahead of him.. agree
Zagami clean hands, goes hard at it, great in traffic...yeah but far from your best player
i doubt swayne would play many games at all next year..
Brown(middle - needs a haircut thats all I can remember
) Smith(foward -mmm) and Knupple(small ruckman) can all play next year and have all been dominating this year. Knupple has played One Game in the seniors.
i would say the team is looking strong.. although they wouldnt have enough for two teams.

Hats off....excellent work (any chance JDaniels can take leaf out of your spirit on this forum )

In fact I have Kean mixed up with Knupple

I have place comments on players that I have seen this year - 3 times in fact ( Caulfield - Collegians only half - Old Melb.)

Keeping that in mind, you must also understand entoure that the conditions weren't exactly the best. Rain cause the ground to be quite muddy and slippery, not to mention the wind aswell

whats more, all players at one time or another have an off day on the field, looking back a few weeks ago the power forward Thomas Quinn also had a rough game in front of goal with 1.4 playing for the U/19s South side. additionally the essential component of the tigers forward structure, Chad Ryan, kicked 0 goals on the w/e, yet he will no doubt be mentone's leading goal kicker in the coming weeks with big mitch bodinaar out for 6-8 weeks.
dont simply make assumptions like this entoure, even the best have an off day!

Sorry, was only joking anyway !!!

Unfortunatly Cardio, i cant claim as much St Bedes knowledge as the folks above me.
What i can say, is that i think that this years team would be far and above more competitive in Premier than anything that will be put together next year.
Having said that, never doubt coach Lalor, the master recruiter.

100% agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back