Under 19 (2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So did OB only have 3 on the bench? - why would you do this against the top side and when I think they are trying to get double chance - crikey they only went down by 19 points - an extra man especially him may have (Note Johnny Blaze I said MAY HAVE) got them over the line.

If they had 4 on the bench then this opens another can of worms in regard to who the other guy was!!!.

I'm pretty sure that as Tregear played Sandy Reserves on the Sunday, under league rules his game on Saturday does not count towards his qualifying games , so seems fruitless to me - what was their coach thinking?? - unless I'm wrong.

So Pulsey if he ain't played the legitimate number of games then he ain't playing Finals - I'm sure my mate Panna's at OC will be keeping an eye on that one come finals time.

OB should make comment perhaps to clear it.

I believe you have to play 5 games to play in the finals. Looks like he may have to play one more.

So did OB only have 3 on the bench? - why would you do this against the top side and when I think they are trying to get double chance - crikey they only went down by 19 points - an extra man especially him may have (Note Johnny Blaze I said MAY HAVE) got them over the line.

If they had 4 on the bench then this opens another can of worms in regard to who the other guy was!!!.

I'm pretty sure that as Tregear played Sandy Reserves on the Sunday, under league rules his game on Saturday does not count towards his qualifying games , so seems fruitless to me - what was their coach thinking?? - unless I'm wrong.

So Pulsey if he ain't played the legitimate number of games then he ain't playing Finals - I'm sure my mate Panna's at OC will be keeping an eye on that one come finals time.

OB should make comment perhaps to clear it.
Tregear is a superstar, Your right, he could of made a difference in a 19 point deficeit. :)

ben parker for st bedes is the best full back going round leaving him and claye tobin out of the back line is dumb
Yeah I agree , claye tobin and Ben parker and carey neville and tom marks are very good players. check the St Bedes's percentage. The reason why iit is so high, is that the opposition cannot get thru St Bedes's defence !

Yeah I agree , claye tobin and Ben parker and carey neville and tom marks are very good players. check the St Bedes's percentage. The reason why iit is so high, is that the opposition cannot get thru St Bedes's defence !

Pulse, you, JB, Hats Off etc will of course push the St Bedes barrow, however you have to acknowledge that North has had a crack and tabled an unbiased team ( I don't think BetterN's Dumb comment was needed) not sure which team he is affiliated with, if at all, however some games I have seem, he seems to be close to the mark.

As earlier posted - it would be great to get input from guys linked to other teams other than St Bedes to see their thoughts.

Pulse, you, JB, Hats Off etc will of course push the St Bedes barrow, however you have to acknowledge that North has had a crack and tabled an unbiased team ( I don't think BetterN's Dumb comment was needed) not sure which team he is affiliated with, if at all, however some games I have seem, he seems to be close to the mark.

As earlier posted - it would be great to get input from guys linked to other teams other than St Bedes to see their thoughts.
I dont know why i got roped into that group, i was about to comend North on a side well put together, a good spread from across the division. Then i saw a reference to my good self above and thought better of it.
My only suggestion would be an inclusion for Cathcart from Beauy. 20 goals for the season and a creative user of the footy.

I dont know why i got roped into that group, i was about to comend North on a side well put together, a good spread from across the division. Then i saw a reference to my good self above and thought better of it.
My only suggestion would be an inclusion for Cathcart from Beauy. 20 goals for the season and a creative user of the footy.

Sorry Johnny - I just thought you were a passionate St Bedes boy going from previous dialogue - don't be so precious young fella, its quite an elite group I have included you in especially Hats off.

Haven't seen much of Cathcart to comment myself

Sorry Johnny - I just thought you were a passionate St Bedes boy going from previous dialogue - don't be so precious young fella, its quite an elite group I have included you in especially Hats off.

Haven't seen much of Cathcart to comment myself

CC

Have you a margin for the game at Barnard this weekend ? ?

Possibly close or a massive blowout - not sure if they play on the big or small ground but that would make a difference ?

SJ - I would say an interesting game - I doubt a blow out for following reasons, however it may & I mean may be STB 1st defeat:

1) OC very keen to consolidate at home and into the 4
2) STB : still be missing some key players - when is Bodinar back??? - and after close game on heavy track last week may feel effects
3) OC three key guys are back and have had a run under their belts so could really improve - Morrison, Wright, De Santis.
4) Barnard is a big ground and play it very well - may have good legs on the firmer surface.

If I was not heading to a senior B grade game I would be tempted to get out there.

All the best boys & girls

yes st bedes are missing some very key players, a topic that will haunt the opposing teams when they come back, including bodinar, which i have word that he is out for the season but MAY return for a final series. as for the big ground i think that st bedes are a very fit team, especially their key players both big and small.. they will handle the big ground fine. and as far as the competition goes, it would probably be a bad thing for the comp if st bedes lost, as their hunger to win games would return to its full potential, something i think they are lacking at the present time.
(hey hats off to roy, cardio said heavy track haha)

having seen both cathcart and kean (the half forward u suggest cathcart should replace in the team) play football, i can confidently say that kean would be a shoo in in front of cathcart for the team of the year. im not doubting cathcart is a good player, but kean is better and he has proved in st bedes' closer games he can change the games direction

Yes it would be good to get some input from guys who follow other teams apart from St Bedes. Maybe they have lost interest ?

Backs: Gillespie (Beauy) Brosnahan (OB) Tobin (Stb)
HBacks: Skurrie (Coll) Bliesner (Beauy) Price (CG)
Centre: Drapac (Banyule) Geshcke (STB) Goldbatt (OC)
HF: Sanchez (Beauy) Smith (STB) Meredith (CG)
F: Robinson (CG) Ryan (STB) McCleod-Smith (OB)

Foll: Knuppel (STB) Kandilikias (OP) Brown (STB)

Bench: Kruger (OM) Romanin (OC) Asdagi (OP) Rolls(OB)

Coach: Ray Leetham (CG)

Coach of year will prob be St BM and rightly so , but think Leetham has done great job with very little depth. A coupel of players out of position and maybe top heavy with forwards

Any more people prepared to take a punt rather than bagging others?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

having seen both cathcart and kean (the half forward u suggest cathcart should replace in the team) play football, i can confidently say that kean would be a shoo in in front of cathcart for the team of the year. im not doubting cathcart is a good player, but kean is better and he has proved in st bedes' closer games he can change the games direction
I didnt suggest that, i would have put cathcart on the bench personally, i just thought he was a name that should be thrown into the mix.

Coach of year will prob be St BM and rightly so , but think Leetham has done great job with very little depth. A coupel of players out of position and maybe top heavy with forwards

Any more people prepared to take a punt rather than bagging others?

From what i have haerd, Owen Lalor the StBMT coach should take alot of credit for the tigers being able to field a second team this year. I beleive that he has brought over and encourged a stack of players to come and play for the club, which in time has created a secong u/19 team.

i.C

I want to know why there are never any VAFA boundary umpires at 98% of all 19 - Section 2 games. Don't they get paid well ? The players are getting tired of throwing the ball in. And volunteers to do the boundary ? no-where in sight !

a few clubs bring there own boundary umpires to the game and pay them to get the job done. it is humilating for players when the field umpire asks them to throw the ball in, but if they haven't supplied a boundary umpire, then fair enough i say.

I want to know why there are never any VAFA boundary umpires at 98% of all 19 - Section 2 games. Don't they get paid well ? The players are getting tired of throwing the ball in. And volunteers to do the boundary ? no-where in sight !

it can get quite frustrating some times when teams dont supply boundary umpires. In an instance yesterday, StB M Vs OC, many old camberwell players were trying to complain to the umpire that the boundary call was incorrect. The umpire simply yelled to the camberwell players that if you supplied a boundary umpire this wouldn't be an issue!

perhaps the VAFA should start an initiative to ensure that there are 2 boundary umpires present for each game played
that would be a good direction to take, so there are no issues during the season.

Banyule defeating Brighton...? very interesting
brighton had a full strength team and Banyule was very undermaned.?
what the?>

Peter Jenkin - 5 goals

Did win a medal for BOG in an Under 19 Section 2 Grand Final in 2006

Has ability. Not sure why he hasnt figure more with good games in 2007 ?

Hillier, how many has he kicked in Under 19 footy now ? Must be lots since 2005 ?

Good kids - always fun to watch

Backs: Skurrie (Coll) Parker (Stb) Gillespie (Beauy)
HBacks: Neville (Stb) Tobin (Stb) Marks (Stb)
Centre: Drapac (Banyule) Kean (STB) Falkner (Stb)
HF: Sanchez (Beauy) T. Quinn (STB) B.Murphy (Beauy)
F: Robinson (CG) Bodiner (STB) Cathcart (Beauy)

Foll: D.Bunting (STB) Kandilikias (OP) Brown (STB)

Bench: S.Kelleher (Stb) S.Murphy (Beauy) Zagami (Stb) Rolls(OB)

Coach: O.Lorla (Stb)

My team is dominated by st bedes but it was hard to look part st bedes and beauy players

Backs: Skurrie (Coll) Parker (Stb) Gillespie (Beauy)
HBacks: Neville (Stb) Tobin (Stb) Marks (Stb)
Centre: Drapac (Banyule) Kean (STB) Falkner (Stb)
HF: Sanchez (Beauy) T. Quinn (STB) B.Murphy (Beauy)
F: Robinson (CG) Bodiner (STB) Cathcart (Beauy)

Foll: D.Bunting (STB) Kandilikias (OP) Brown (STB)

Bench: S.Kelleher (Stb) S.Murphy (Beauy) Zagami (Stb) Rolls(OB)

Coach: O.Lorla (Stb)

My team is dominated by st bedes but it was hard to look part st bedes and beauy players
Bunting? Haha, he only played 1 practice match. Good to see he made an influence.

I reckon Adam "TURKEY" Ryan (sbmt) should get a mention in the team of the year. after his great form over the last weeks in both the backline and forwardline. hes anyteams dream of a sensational UTILITY.stong hands, can out mark a wearne or 2. likes to fly high like jesalenko. BetterN put him on the bench

I reckon Adam "TURKEY" Ryan (sbmt) should get a mention in the team of the year. after his great form over the last weeks in both the backline and forwardline. hes anyteams dream of a sensational UTILITY.stong hands, can out mark a wearne or 2. likes to fly high like jesalenko. BetterN put him on the bench

Yes I Agree. What a player Adam now is. Has grown a few inches over the past 4 weeks and can now take a decent mark. Must be doing a few push ups each morning also, as he no longer falls over every time he goes for a mark !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back