Under 19 Premier Division - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
dont tempt me to reveal who you are once again... you peasent

Tips for this week anybody?

Tips:

Old Scotch vs Uni Blacks - Im tipping a close game with the out of sorts Scotchies and the fresh Blacks.... Depending on what the Uni holidays has done to the Blacks it could be either an upset to Blacks or a blowout to Scotch... Im going with the upset and Scotch to drop 4 in a row and start to plan their Mad Monday in the showers....

Uni Blues vs Old Melburnians - Both improving teams who would of wished to start playing like they are earlier in the season! Both teams look to be playing for pride/survival at this stage and should be a very good match... Im tipping Blues in a tight one

Fitzroy vs Beaumaris - A must win for Beauy to stay in touch with the top 2!! They should get the job done but they wouldnt want to be slow out of the blocks against the Roy Boys!!

De La Salle vs St Bedes/Mentone - Match of the Round!! No more then a kick in it all day I think! Im staying out of this and tipping a draw!!! Could even be an 8 point game for second....

Old Xavs vs Bye - Easiest 4 points in the comp ;)

Thoughts?

Tips:

Old Scotch vs Uni Blacks - Im tipping a close game with the out of sorts Scotchies and the fresh Blacks.... Depending on what the Uni holidays has done to the Blacks it could be either an upset to Blacks or a blowout to Scotch... Im going with the upset and Scotch to drop 4 in a row and start to plan their Mad Monday in the showers....

Uni Blues vs Old Melburnians - Both improving teams who would of wished to start playing like they are earlier in the season! Both teams look to be playing for pride/survival at this stage and should be a very good match... Im tipping Blues in a tight one

Fitzroy vs Beaumaris - A must win for Beauy to stay in touch with the top 2!! They should get the job done but they wouldnt want to be slow out of the blocks against the Roy Boys!!

De La Salle vs St Bedes/Mentone - Match of the Round!! No more then a kick in it all day I think! Im staying out of this and tipping a draw!!! Could even be an 8 point game for second....

Thoughts?
Take all those tips apart from Scotch to win.... and no where near a draw, de la to win by 20

Beaumaris U19's star Tyson Rayner is likely to miss the rest of the season after suffering a serious hamstring injury during last Saturday's win over Old Melbournians.

While the Sharks will await the results of scans today, coach Luke Buller has already addressed Rayners' teammates about the prospect of life without the gun midfielder for the rest of the year.

"It doesn't look very good at all," Ball said. "He is obviously a great leader and player for us but post-game I addressed it with the players.

''When (Ethan) McMaster went down (last year) I spoke about Rayners' response, but let's not wait a couple of weeks to get going."

Rayner, 20, last year's Port Melbourne pre season trainer, suffered the injury at the two-minute mark of the third quarter when he jumped for the ball in the middle of the ground.

His left leg buckled as it hit the ground and it was immediately obvious the Sharks' star midfielder knew he was in trouble.

He stood still, clutching at his lower leg and was in severe pain as he was carried off by medical staff.

The terrible news comes after Victoria Police last week confirmed an investigation is under way into allegations of an "indecent act" at Oak St oval by Rayner earlier this year.

A woman is believed to have made an official complaint about Rayner allegedly exposing himself to her during a community picnic.

Police said the investigation was in its "initial stages" and no further information was available.

n695718892_1532709_8978.jpg

Rayner with the alleged woman.

Video Link: Rayners' amazing talents - (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOWmG8BsYz4)

Tips:

Thoughts?

i agree with all of these games except the draw. Will be a close game however i believe de la have the wood over st.bedes. In saying that it willl make things very interesting if st bedes get up along with beauy

I am starting a petition to get 'once again' and 'the muf' out of this forum as there posts are to one eyed. I am sick of reading about the old xavs, it is starting to get boring about how they 'have the premiership in the bag' I think otherwise and so does the rest of the forum

been keeping up this this forum for a while now and this comment makes me laugh tvstealer.

The muf offers much to this forum with his detailed comments, although he is clearly a contemtible xavarian theres nothing wrong with showing a bit of support for your club.

As for once again though i completely agree, his comments just litter this forum with immature and senseless remarks at other members as he wagers on with this diminutive aps rivalry of his

Scotch v Uni blacks -two depleted lineups due to holidays but scotch to win by 24

Uni blues v Old Melb - Very tough game to read into but Uni Blues by 14 points

Fitzroy v Beaumaris - If Beauy get to an early lead coulbe be all over but Fitzroy will chalange. Fitzroy by 5

De la v St bedes - De la to proove too good by 37

Scotch v Uni Blacks - Should bounce back after 3 losses in a row and win in a close one over Uni Blacks in front of the home crowd.

Uni Blues v Old Melb - Crawford oval will suit both teams as both have extremely small home grounds, Uni Blues will out class OM's and win by 4-5 goals.

Fitzroy v Beaumaris - Even with Beauy having 7 of its U19s playing seniors, they are 3rd on the Ladder for a reason and should do it comfortably against the Roy boys.

De la v St bedes - I am not getting sucked in by the SBMT hype, they don't have the depth that the top 3 sides have, De La will do it easy at Dairy Bell and win by 50.

Boomer - I agree De La will get up but it will be very close. De La seniors decimated by injury and have been playing 19s up all year. Hugh Nicholson the latest to get the call up. Very hard to cover the quality of Close, Todd, Humphrey, Nicholson & O’Connell. Take your best 5 out of any team and it will have an impact.

De La V SBMT. As Above. D’s in a close one

Scotch v Blacks Scotch just has to win to stay in touch.

Uni Blues v OM Blues have the list to play finals. Can’t make it now but should get the points here.

Fitzroy v Beauy Not a bad team the sharks. (Who are the 7 playing seniors? More like 3 or maybe 4 isn’t it)

Boomer - I agree De La will get up but it will be very close. De La seniors decimated by injury and have been playing 19s up all year. Hugh Nicholson the latest to get the call up. Very hard to cover the quality of Close, Todd, Humphrey, Nicholson & O’Connell. Take your best 5 out of any team and it will have an impact.

Uni Blues v OM Blues have the list to play finals. Can’t make it now but should get the points here.

Fitzroy v Beauy Not a bad team the sharks. (Who are the 7 playing seniors? More like 3 or maybe 4 isn’t it)

He was prob never going to playing 19s this year just like Goss was prob never going to play 19s this year... so he isnt in your best... the other 4 is understandable

He was prob never going to playing 19s this year just like Goss was prob never going to play 19s this year... so he isnt in your best... the other 4 is understandable

Take your point but not quite correct. Tom is a legitimate under 19 (i.e an 18 year old) and may even be eligible next season. He got an opportunity early due to senior unavailability and has retained his spot. Goss is a very good player but is a 19 ½ and was always going to play seniors where as Tom was not in the frame until he played a few practice games.

Would Goss be the only eligible 19 playing seniors at Xavs and are any others likely to get a run before seasons end?

Scotch have been missing 3 or 4 of their best players over the past week and it shows due lack of depth. This week they are missing 6 do could be another loss...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RFS, there were 7 U19s playing seniors on the weekend, I won't bother naming them. This had no affect on the Beaumaris vs. Fitzroy game though, as Beauy still had some handy inclusions. Beaumaris struggled all day and didn't deserve to win, well done to Fitzroy for getting the 4 points. It was an exciting end to the game with the ball locked inside beauys forward 50 for the last two minutes and beauy had 3 shots on goal to win the game, including one snap which looked like going in, hitting the inside of the post. Two injuries in the first quarter for Beaumaris didn't help with foward, Webber and full back, Bourne going down within minutes.

RFS, there were 7 U19s playing seniors on the weekend, I won't bother naming them. This had no affect on the Beaumaris vs. Fitzroy game though, as Beauy still had some handy inclusions. Beaumaris struggled all day and didn't deserve to win, well done to Fitzroy for getting the 4 points. It was an exciting end to the game with the ball locked inside beauys forward 50 for the last two minutes and beauy had 3 shots on goal to win the game, including one snap which looked like going in, hitting the inside of the post. Two injuries in the first quarter for Beaumaris didn't help with foward, Webber and full back, Bourne going down within minutes.

Would have been a great game to attend. It would be fair to say that this is one of the first big upsets of the year. Beauy always hard to beat at home, their away form will always be questionable though.

Any comments regarding the DE LA/St Bedes game, looked like it was a close tussle all day.

Would have been a great game to attend. It would be fair to say that this is one of the first big upsets of the year. Beauy always hard to beat at home, their away form will always be questionable though.

Any comments regarding the DE LA/St Bedes game, looked like it was a close tussle all day.

The Roy Boys did the top 2 a big favour - that's a shocking result for Beauy.

In my opinion, I don't think you can lose to the bottom side and still claim to be a contender.

St Bedes tested De La and sounds like they could do some damage. What happened at Dairy Bell - someone shed some light please?

Roy boys a bit of a bogey team for Beaumaris, just like Essendon was to St Kilda in 2009 and 2010.

Old Brighton have won two in a row now beating the undefeated South team Caulfield Grammarians. Does that mean the gap between Premier teams and the top South 1 teams is that big that anyone who comes up from South 1 is going to get flogged every week?

As said previously De La don’t have the depth of the last 2 years and with so many 19s playing seniors they are finding the going tougher against the better sides. Not helped when the kid who would be winning the B & F by a long way was injured in the first 5 minutes and did not return. De La wasted a strong breeze in the first ¼. Did not hit the front until late in the 3rd and then outscored St Bedes against the breeze in the last. A very good win. Played Scotch last week and St Bedes are miles ahead of them. After Xavs they are easily the best side we have played and are a genuine threat. They have a few 19s playing seniors themselves but don’t know if any of them will quality.

St Bedes are a bit up and down, with so many kids play7ing tac cup it's hard to tell which side will turn up. I noticed Scotch only had 12 of the same players that played against Xavs playing on the weekend, so hopefully some of them return before too long to get back in the 4.
Don't know what went wrong with Beauy, but i did call earlier on that they would struggle away from home against the improving teams.

Scotch v Uni blacks -two depleted lineups due to holidays but scotch to win by 24

Uni blues v Old Melb - Very tough game to read into but Uni Blues by 14 points

Fitzroy v Beaumaris - If Beauy get to an early lead coulbe be all over but Fitzroy will chalange. Fitzroy by 5

De la v St bedes - De la to proove too good by 37

Inside info #11 clearly inform with his tipping with scotch by 23, uni by 11, fitzroy by 4 and de la by 18. Lets hope this good form conpires to some form on afl multis. Thor Hushord to win green jersey in Tour de France @6.50

this weeks games should be no brainers.
De La Salle to win by 80+, Nicholson should kick a bag
Old Xavs to win by 90+
Beaumaris to win by about 15 in a close one at half time
and Bedes/Mentone to win convincingly. 80+, Watterson should kill it with 7 goals easily

St bedes to lose to Om's by 5
De la to win by 50
Old Xavs to win by 100 against a depleted uni side
Beauy in a tight one (10 points)

With no A, B or C senior games this week due to the rep games will many clubs benefit from getting players back from the seniors? Unless the senior coach wants them rested De La will get Nicholson back but I believe Humphrey, Todd and Close will be wearing the big V in Shepparton. Goss likewise for Xavs you would expect to be in VAFA team but don’t think they have any others playing seniors who can come back. I know St Bedes and Beauy will get a few back and Uni Blues have 1 or 2 that I know of. How are others teams likely to be effected?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back