Under 19 Premier Division - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

game decided by the ump pulling the xavs full back up for running 14 metres....

Your kidding! Sounds interesting but umpires never decide games so leave that one alone Muf...

Lecca, you obviously saw it so explain the game. Who was good for both teams and were Xavs or Beauy missing any of note?

Goal square 10m, the guy on the mark for the awarded free kick was 30-35m out...that means that the full back ran at least 20 metres...

haha it was not 20 metres and you know it!!

Your kidding! Sounds interesting but umpires never decide games so leave that one alone Muf...

Lecca, you obviously saw it so explain the game. Who was good for both teams and were Xavs or Beauy missing any of note?

it happened all day so fair is fair... I think its safe to say Beauy(like Scotch) have played their grand finals after watching the way both teams celebrated after winning against xavs!!

who wouldn't be happy after beating the top side?
Don't know about beauy and scotch already playing there grand finals, cos it shows they can win tough games. Good win for beauy and puts another game on Scotch making the scotch v st bedes game a potential finals decider.

who wouldn't be happy after beating the top side?
Don't know about beauy and scotch already playing there grand finals, cos it shows they can win tough games. Good win for beauy and puts another game on Scotch making the scotch v st bedes game a potential finals decider.

Scotch vs Bedes will be a big game but I think I'll most likely be at Stradbroke Park for another cracking game between the two benchmark teams in Under 19 football over recent years...

Oh yeah this week xavs v de la is the game to watch. I was talking in 2 or 3 weeks time when they play each other

MUF you cant be that bias. it was a good game of football, with both sides up by 20+ points at some stage during the game. beauy just had the edge at the final siren, with the size of beauy's ground compared to most of the other teams in the competition its expected for the boys down at the aquarium to be able to run over most sides. unbeaten there since round 2 last year shows it

Tips:

Old Melburnians vs Uni Blacks - Big game for both teams in terms of relegation but the home ground advantage should be enough to see OM's over the line by 18

Uni Blues vs St Bedes/Mentone - Must win game for St Bedes with Beauy having the bye! and if they win here and Scotch lose it could almost sell a finals berth! Bedes by 12

Old Xaverians vs De La Salle - Match of the round and could be the match of the year to date! Xavs will want to bounce back after letting slip a certain 4 points with 10 minutes left last week!! De La seem to getting some senior players back but may lose them as the senior side struggle to keep up with the 4! will be a great match with both sides a big chance! maybe even $1.87 a piece if we had a betting market up! Im staying with Xavs by a point!

Fitzroy vs Old Scotch - Roy Boys have played well against the top 2 here and even beat Beauy!! which should be enough to kill off the Scotchies finals chance!! Roy Boys by 18 points!

Thoughts??

OMs v Blacks - OMs to get the points on that putrid little ground.

Blues v SBMT- St Bedes to nail down a spot in the finals with a comfortable win against the under achieving Uni boys.

Xavs v DLS - MUF is right. This could be won or lost at selection and it really depends who is and who is out. Heart says De La by a very small margin.

Roys v OS - Fitzroy are to good a side to be relegated. Tough to beat at home and if they could put 4 quarters together would be much higher on the ladder.

Xavs v DLS - MUF is right. This could be won or lost at selection and it really depends who is and who is out. Heart says De La by a very small margin. quote]

Tip with your head not your heart Rooster...

Head says Xavs. Sounds like they were a bit unlucky last week.

Always a good game between these two sides though.

Blues v SBMT- St Bedes to nail down a spot in the finals with a comfortable win against the under achieving Uni boys.

Xavs v DLS - MUF is right. This could be won or lost at selection and it really depends who is and who is out. Heart says De La by a very small margin.

Roys v OS - Fitzroy are to good a side to be relegated. Tough to beat at home and if they could put 4 quarters together would be much higher on the ladder.
"that putrid little ground" is the Junction Oval at 11.40

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"that putrid little ground" is the Junction Oval at 11.40

Really hope for everyone’s sake you are correct Rah Rah as that goat track across the road is a shocker. Thought the deal with Cricket Vic was strictly senior games only and then only on every second weekend. Have been teased previously with U19 games fixtured for a vacant Junction oval only to arrive and directed through the traffic to the primary school ground at the back of Harry Trott.

OMs v Blacks - OMs to get a few players back from the snow and win by 3 goals. Blacks got pummelled last week against Fitzroy.

Blues v SBMT- St Bedes with their 7 TAC cup players coming back for the TAC BYE weekend should account for the Blues by 3 goals.

Xavs v DLS - De La to win this. Getting key players back and will outrun Xavs. Although can't rule off Xavs as they are a proud side and will want to bounce back. DE LA by 10 points.

Roys v OS - So tempted to tip the Roy Boys, considering their home ground advantage but OS are somehow managing to get up in these games. Will be decided by a kick. OS by 5

The MUF cant take much more of this!! the heart will either give in or ill be at the westgate....

Roys v OS - So tempted to tip the Roy Boys, considering their home ground advantage but OS are somehow managing to get up in these games. Will be decided by a kick. OS by 5[/quote]

Fantastic last quarter at Brunswick Street where Scotch had hit the front and seemed to have the momentum after the Roys wasted many chances.
Two of the Roys' best - Turner and Jumeau - were off with a rolled ankle and broken boot respectively and Scotch were leading by 16 points with less than 4 minutes to go.
The two guys went back on and the Royboys kicked 3 goals in that time to win the game.

Tips:

St Bedes/Mentone vs Old Scotch - Goodbye Scotch! Big 8 point game and I see SBMT easily accounting for OS down at Brindisi St. St Bedes by 40

Uni Blacks vs Beaumaris - Beauy dont seem to be the best travellers of late and if they dont get used to Crawford oval quickly enough they could find themselves dropping another game which they may regret come finals time!! too be tight all day and im tipping a big upset as Blacks try to stay up in Premier for another season! Blacks by 5 points

Old Xaverians vs Old Melburnians - Xavs will be wanting to bounce back in a big way after dropping 2 games they should have won! if Xavs can keep Kemmerer out of the game they could easily destroy OM's like they did in round one... i expect it to be alot closer then 144 points this time.... Xavs by 60

De La Salle vs Uni Blues - De La looked very tired last week and produced a huge second half to get the chocolates!! I expect that to give them the world of confidence and back at the Dairy Bell I expect them to touch Uni up! De La by 60

Thoughts?

Tips:

Uni Blacks vs Beaumaris - Beauy dont seem to be the best travellers of late and if they dont get used to Crawford oval quickly enough they could find themselves dropping another game which they may regret come finals time!! too be tight all day and im tipping a big upset as Blacks try to stay up in Premier for another season! Blacks by 5 points

Muf - you have no idea! I would be amazed if Uni Blacks got within 10 goals of Beaumaris even at home.

Tips:

Muf - you have no idea! I would be amazed if Uni Blacks got within 10 goals of Beaumaris even at home.

Agree. Beauy will spank Blacks...

In other news ... I stumbled across this article from the Herald-Sun web site.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...-football-league/story-fn53kld9-1226103476920

Does anyone think that the EFL age group change will dilute the standard of the VAFA's Under 19's footy in particular Premier section ?

I suspect that clubs such as Scotch and Xavs rely upon getting kids who are too old for 18's to play for them in the 19's ? Or am I totally wrong ?

Agree about the call about Beauy. It will be a tough day for the Blacks tomorrow even with holidays finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back