Under 19 Premier Division - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In other news ... I stumbled across this article from the Herald-Sun web site.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...-football-league/story-fn53kld9-1226103476920

Does anyone think that the EFL age group change will dilute the standard of the VAFA's Under 19's footy in particular Premier section ?

I suspect that clubs such as Scotch and Xavs rely upon getting kids who are too old for 18's to play for them in the 19's ? Or am I totally wrong ?

Agree about the call about Beauy. It will be a tough day for the Blacks tomorrow even with holidays finished.

Sloth, you are totally wrong... Scotch, De La & Xavs rely on what is coming out of the school as do most teams in the VAFA. Hence why schools i.e. Hailebury & Caulfield give Scholarships to gun recruites and these players generally do not hang around at the old boys.

Beauy/St Bedes is an unkown for me... Thank God - I go down that way if i'm in the Sunday comp at Royal Melbourne.

Tips:

Uni Blacks vs Beaumaris - Beauy dont seem to be the best travellers of late and if they dont get used to Crawford oval quickly enough they could find themselves dropping another game which they may regret come finals time!! too be tight all day and im tipping a big upset as Blacks try to stay up in Premier for another season! Blacks by 5 points

Muf - you have no idea! I would be amazed if Uni Blacks got within 10 goals of Beaumaris even at home.

got within 5 ;)

Scotch's chances are officially over! Not a surprise seeing as I notice they have been missing basically top 5 mods since round 7. And a couple on off. De la are starting to show they may be favourites going into the finals series.

Scotch's chances are officially over! Not a surprise seeing as I notice they have been missing basically top 5 mods since round 7. And a couple on off. De la are starting to show they may be favourites going into the finals series.

Top 4 decided before last week!, De La cant finish lower then 3rd OX and Beauy can finish 1-4 and St Bedes 2-4... who wants to have a stab at what the first week of the finals will be? and when will the finals venues be released?

De La
Xavs
Beauy
Bedes

MUF im interested to here your 2-4? i already know your 1...

Haha, well if De La lose to Beauy down there.... which i think will prob happpen and Xavs somehow beat St Bedes down there then you know my number 1.... top 2 will be DLS or OX, I think SBMT will finish 3rd and Beauy 4th

is a bit early but dont they normally only pick a maximum 3 players per club?

Last year De La had 5 including the captain plus the coach. The 2010 De La team could have easily had 10-12 and none would have been out of place. Would be much better spread this year with no absolute stand out team. Max of 3 probably fair enough. You would think the top 4 teams would be well represented.

MUF you cant be that bias. it was a good game of football, with both sides up by 20+ points at some stage during the game. beauy just had the edge at the final siren, with the size of beauy's ground compared to most of the other teams in the competition its expected for the boys down at the aquarium to be able to run over most sides. unbeaten there since round 2 last year shows it

Beauy not a chance, To bad the grand final isn't played at that circle you call your home ground. Only reason you haven't lost there since round 2 last year is the fact that de la has not played their since. I'm not a de la fan but truth has it your beauy boys just can't beat them. Let's not start calling muf biased now showtime......might just be a little hypocritical.

[Foolishness deleted - OTP]

Now that i have said what everyone else on the forum is thinking, we can get back to football related matters..good to see that the Xavs boys are making excuses for their 2 losses, but came back to destroy OM's which has me thinking 'Are they pretenders that beat up on weak teams'?? Old scotch are finally starting to realise that throwing elbows around in games of footy doesn't win you games, hence, why they wont be partaking in any games of footy in Sept. Beauy and Bedes travelling nicely with whispers that the beda boys might get a little touch up from the 'poor travelling' beauy side, that result to be determined by a kick or two.

Now back to the team of the year, surely i would slot in to the FP with that 'looks like Tarzan plays like Jane' Hannan from Xavs beside me with little Ollie Webber in the other FP??

As always, its been a pleasure!

Tips:

St Bedes/Mentone vs Beaumaris - Match of the round! except St Bedes should be able to easily win this one! SBMT by 30

Old Scotch vs Old Xaverians - Scotch's season is over while Xavs are still trying to tie up a top 2 spot! Will be tight all day but OX should be able to pull away and win by 4 goals

Uni Blues vs Fitzroy - Should be a good tight game! either side can win this! and the winner should be safe from relegation! Blues by 18

De La Salle vs Uni Blacks - De La should easily win their last home game of the season! De La by 75

Rubbish deleted - OTP

Now that i have said what everyone else on the forum is thinking, we can get back to football related matters..good to see that the Xavs boys are making excuses for their 2 losses, but came back to destroy OM's which has me thinking 'Are they pretenders that beat up on weak teams'?? Old scotch are finally starting to realise that throwing elbows around in games of footy doesn't win you games, hence, why they wont be partaking in any games of footy in Sept. Beauy and Bedes travelling nicely with whispers that the beda boys might get a little touch up from the 'poor travelling' beauy side, that result to be determined by a kick or two.

Now back to the team of the year, surely i would slot in to the FP with that 'looks like Tarzan plays like Jane' Hannan from Xavs beside me with little Ollie Webber in the other FP??

As always, its been a pleasure!

A close second ??? Show some respect

Not much of a chip on your shoulder Nichoooooooo!! It takes all types

All the best :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anybody know about an U19 Premier game allegedly being played at Elsternwick on Tuesday night?

It’s a 19 South game – De La V MHSOB. When OGs pulled out the re-draw had these 2 teams playing each other. Problem was it was done on such short notice that MHSOB, who had a bye pencilled in for that weekend since the start of the year, had made other arrangements and could not scratch up a team. It was mutually decided that the match would be made up down the track hence the game on Tuesday night. It is actually a round 11 game.

Bedes to beat beauy by 36 and proove they can ix it wil de la and xavs come september.
Scotch to bounce back by 7 and proove that they can be a good side.
Fitzroy to continue late form run with 29 point win.
De la to show they should be premiership favirotes by 56.

Tips:

St Bedes/Mentone vs Beaumaris - Local derby, Beauy should have no trouble travelling 5 minutes down the road to play in this game.

Old Scotch vs Old Xaverians - Scotchies lost the plot, Xavs by 100.

Uni Blues vs Fitzroy - Roy Boys are in a purple patch, should continue here with a good win over the struggling Blues

De La Salle vs Uni Blacks - Blacks will compete well with De La early but won't be able to keep up and and lose by a respectable 30 points margin.

Tips:

St Bedes/Mentone vs Beaumaris - Local derby, Beauy should have no trouble travelling 5 minutes down the road to play in this game.

Old Scotch vs Old Xaverians - Scotchies lost the plot, Xavs by 100.

Uni Blues vs Fitzroy - Roy Boys are in a purple patch, should continue here with a good win over the struggling Blues

De La Salle vs Uni Blacks - Blacks will compete well with De La early but won't be able to keep up and and lose by a respectable 30 points margin.

Beauy just not up to it yesterday... The Sharks can't swim anywhere away from the aquarium.

Beauy just not up to it yesterday... The Sharks can't swim anywhere away from the aquarium.

This is a summary.

Beaumaris
Home Away Difference
SBMT 61 -52 -113
OX 4 -50 -46
OS 58 TBP TBP
DLS TBP -55 TBP
U Blu 65 22 -43
U Bla 41 29 -12
OB NA 206 NA
OM 36 20 -16
Fitzroy 7 -4 -11

On average 40 points better at home than away

Old scotch on the w.e showed how well they can perform with a depleted line up, missing many key players. Xavier showed how susceptible they are to some tough footy. ANd from what i saw many of there "so called stars" both of who were selected in this sub-par under 19 vic team hardly got near the footy and didnt look like they even wanted it. Wouldnt be expecting much from Xavier come September, they are a pack of pretenders who will flinch when the games on the line. De LA for the premiership with ease.

Old scotch on the w.e showed how well they can perform with a depleted line up, missing many key players. Xavier showed how susceptible they are to some tough footy. ANd from what i saw many of there "so called stars" both of who were selected in this sub-par under 19 vic team hardly got near the footy and didnt look like they even wanted it. Wouldnt be expecting much from Xavier come September, they are a pack of pretenders who will flinch when the games on the line. De LA for the premiership with ease.

Thanks CM... interesting thoughts there. Can't say I saw much of the game but sounds like a good one. Who played well & who are these "so called stars" who didn't perform?

It must really hurt you Scotch boys that you just can't do anything when it matters against the arch rivals.

Big call on Xavs as they've only lost 3 games this year, all by less than a kick and are 2nd. I don't think thats pretender status but agree that De La are my pick for the flag too.

Scotch have been losing by large margins and against a near full strength Xavs, Xavs only won by a couple of points. Seeing as Scotch had the same depleted team, my pick is De la too. Also St Bedes could trouble come finals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back