Under 19 Premier Division - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In OS's defence those schoolboys who played would have had little if any impact on the game, just add a little depth.

I'm sorry but this is completely wrong. A few of them had a massive impact. Number 22 comes to mind. Standing from the sidelines, I noticed that he was winning a lot of there centre clearences when scotch had there rush of goals during the third term. Good player.. They were not in for depth, they were bought in to try and win the game. I'd like to move on from last weeks matches though!

Anyway, houses are getting a bit boring and repetitive so I'll be off to Jb Hi-Fi then maybe go and find myself some 3d glasses
Catch!

I'm sorry but this is completely wrong. A few of them had a massive impact. Number 22 comes to mind. Standing from the sidelines, I noticed that he was winning a lot of there centre clearences when scotch had there rush of goals during the third term. Good player.. They were not in for depth, they were bought in to try and win the game. I'd like to move on from last weeks matches though!

Anyway, houses are getting a bit boring and repetitive so I'll be off to Jb Hi-Fi then maybe go and find myself some 3d glasses
Catch!

Geez I am glad I was not the one to realise that about number 22 (didn't realise he was a school kid - I don't think it matters or not whether he is).

Anyway rather than the bickering, why not salute what a great game of under 19's footy it was. Amazing atmosphere and both teams fought their hearts out. Obviously Xavierians got the choccies but Scotch were gallant in defeat. Xavs been in a number of close losses so no doubt relieved to win a close one.

I reckon if you can shut down there key players than they can be beaten. But it looks like De La are coming along nicely. St Bedes and Xavs to play off for the granny.

Who do we think will get relegated out of Blacks/OM's??

just out of curiosity who were these school boys that played? would be great if someone could let me know.

Enough with the Private school gas... Let's move on from the flirting boys.

Bedes are looking the goods and we'll make the granny after beating De La in the Prelim.

That's my guess. re: relegation, no one cares. It's not the same as Senior sides and just doesn't matter in Under 19 level.

That's my guess. re: relegation, no one cares. It's not the same as Senior sides and just doesn't matter in Under 19 level.

Obviously the big private schooles with their production lines of ready made footballers do not care about relegation and it is fairly ridiculous that the Under 19s have effectively their own competition independent of the strength of their senior sides. at some stage, the VAFA has to bite the bullet and make it compulsory for Premier A,B and C clubs to have Under 19s as their 3rd team playing in the same division.

From what I have seen this year, Blacks should be relegated as they would have been last year but for Camberwell dropping down by their own request. It will be something new for some clubs to make the journey down to Soldiers Field in Werribee and possibly over to the Pit at St Bernards. I guess people will be praying that St Kevs can finish in the top two at the end of the season.

Obviously the big private schooles with their production lines of ready made footballers do not care about relegation and it is fairly ridiculous that the Under 19s have effectively their own competition independent of the strength of their senior sides. at some stage, the VAFA has to bite the bullet and make it compulsory for Premier A,B and C clubs to have Under 19s as their 3rd team playing in the same division.

From what I have seen this year, Blacks should be relegated as they would have been last year but for Camberwell dropping down by their own request. It will be something new for some clubs to make the journey down to Soldiers Field in Werribee and possibly over to the Pit at St Bernards. I guess people will be praying that St Kevs can finish in the top two at the end of the season.

It won't be something new Werribee were in the top flight about 6-7 years ago (made the finals I think) and St Barnyards won a flag about 10 years ago.

Happy for the powerhouse clubs (DLS/OX/SBMT) to travel out west and demolish those in Melbourne's growth areas.

Ta Ta

Not entirely sure what you mean by this Frogga. Are you suggesting that if a club has seniors in Premier then their 19s must player in Premier 19s, if in B grade there is 19s must play in 19 section 2 and so on…

If I have missed the point here I apologise but if that is your suggestion then I entirely disagree. It would mean that this year in Premier 19s we would have had teams like Carey, Trinity and Old Haileybury. It was bad enough having OB in for half a season let alone 4 teams that are non competitive. Eg Haileybury 19s could not win a game in South 1 last season but the next year would find themselves going up a grade on the back of their seniors result. On the flip side a team like Beauy who are one of the better sides this season would be playing in second division. Fitzroy earned the right to play Premier 19s however your model would have them playing in the 3rd division. Plenty of other similar examples.

For the integrity of the 19s comp it must run as a separate entity with its own promotion and relegation structure to ensure that 19 Premier remains the best and most competitive U19 competition in the VAFA. Strong seniors does not necessarily equate to strong U19s.

A couple of other points. De La and St Bedes are not big private schools in comparison to some of the APS and AGSV schools but are right up there this year and between them have won the last five 19 Premier flags. It is more about a clubs commitment and effort in running their 19s rather then the size of your school. And travelling is nothing new. Rupo were in 19 Premier for several years and until 2009 St Bernard were always in 19 Premier and were generally one of the stronger teams. De La Salle looks forward to travelling out to Werribee next year if that’s how it pans out.

Saha , Coach Carter - care to join me @ K2 Stadium on the weekend to watch the OSFC's final decline into B Grade???

The chilled Boags just slide down the throat after a good win at K2!!

Carn the Bloods!!!:thumbsu:

Saha , Coach Carter - care to join me @ K2 Stadium on the weekend to watch the OSFC's final decline into B Grade???

This is an under 19's forum. Please stop talking about irrelevant issues.

I hope not all Xavier people don't lack the class and dignity that shown is by you OnceAgain.

And as one posted in this forum pointed out - the under 19 Xavs haven't won a flag in ten years and you can add this year to it.

This is an under 19's forum. Please stop talking about irrelevant issues.

I hope not all Xavier people don't lack the class and dignity that shown is by you OnceAgain.

And as one posted in this forum pointed out - the under 19 Xavs haven't won a flag in ten years and you can add this year to it.

Soooooooo I will see you there?

:)

Soooooooo I will see you there?

:)

No birdbrain I won't be there. I will be at another under 19's game.

Maybe Scotch need this wakeup call to B grade.

If you knew your history, Xavs did squat before being promoted to A grade in 1981.

One step back to go two steps forward.

No birdbrain I won't be there. I will be at another under 19's game.

Maybe Scotch need this wakeup call to B grade.

If you knew your history, Xavs did squat before being promoted to A grade in 1981.

One step back to go two steps forward.

Understatement much ?

But good to ur looking at the bright side

Please don’t lecture me on OXFC history ........but happy to discuss with you if you so desire?

I will have a Boags on ice for you my friend ......we can wax lyrical about the up coming finals series :):)

Wouldn't go too early on that one Saha...

Xavs still holding 2nd spot, not to mention that they have let a couple slip this season that they probably could've avoided.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd love to join you onceagain... but I will be too busy destroying the Fitzroy backline!! have a few for me and I will see all you people at the Hawthorn next Tuesday

Father

It was only a matter of time before a fitzroy bloke did something stupid! biggest bunch of scum I have ever come across. Worse than Collingwood supporters. That number 4 should have been reported nearly every game, he's good but an idiot.

Number 20 from Fitzroy.... what a dog!! one of the lowest acts I've seen on the footy field...

So hitting someone behind play and leaving them to get stitches in there lip isnt one of the lowest acts you've seen. Or do you just choose not to talk about that MUF.

hitting someone behind play is just not part of vafa footy. Go play in another league if you wanna do that. i have also seen a fitzroy player do that this year, not suprised. No coincidence that they have only won a handful of games this year. season over this week boys

Great game down at that big circle of a ground yesterday, de la too strong. didn't see that big dickinson for Beaumaris. heard he is out for rest of the year with a knee. season over for beaumaris i reckon.

tips for the beads vs xavs game this week? winner to take on dela for a spot in the big one!:footy:

Punched one of the xav defenders in the face when the xavs player was on the ground....

haha, bias xavs supporter i see, typical private school boy having a whinge...typical xav's player dropping like a sack of potatoes when bumped and gets a push in the chest or shoulder at worst... sounds like a bit of karma for xavs who hit people behind the play for no reason and then whinge when it comes back there way

So hitting someone behind play and leaving them to get stitches in there lip isnt one of the lowest acts you've seen. Or do you just choose not to talk about that MUF.

haha, bias xavs supporter i see, typical private school boy having a whinge...typical xav's player dropping like a sack of potatoes when bumped and gets a push in the chest or shoulder at worst... sounds like a bit of karma for xavs who hit people behind the play for no reason and then whinge when it comes back there way

what the f*ck are you on about... plus i think someone is just jealous that their parents couldn't afford to send them to a good school.....

what the f*ck are you on about... plus i think someone is just jealous that their parents couldn't afford to send them to a good school.....

My parents didn't have to pay for my education I have gotten a scholarship through my whole life , I dont need my rich parents to carry me through my life. And im talking about the week before. Its quite funny how you get soo defensive about it.

My parents didn't have to pay for my education I have gotten a scholarship through my whole life , I dont need my rich parents to carry me through my life. And im talking about the week before. Its quite funny how you get soo defensive about it.

ha ha so defensive its beyond a joke...just a stereotypical private school kid who's parents mollycoddle them and hold there hand every step of the way, they can dish it out but when it comes back all they do is whinge and get mummy and daddy to kiss it better. in the same boat as betterthanyou and i was stuck with rich private school eastern suburb **** like you and you're still a dumb mutt even if your parents paid for everything your whole life you snob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back