Under 19 Premier Division - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the uni blues call but mate your second comment makes no sense at all. You are either illiterate or very pissed! Old Xavs will make up for the pain of the last two grand finals they are 5 goals better than any other team in the comp. But let me tell you beware the Scotchies for they are coming to a theatre a near you!

oh my bad for the mistype. What I was supposed to say was that comparing de la to uni blues is that de la a few levels above the blues. Yes I also think that xavs is the side to best this year and it will be a xavs de la gf

mark my words, uni blues are much better than shown in the first 2 weeks, scotch were lucky to get up against them and were in 1st gear on sat. they will be up there at the end. xavs are overrated, dela have lost conciderable talent and scotch are by no means a threat at all.

quack quack

ward Is a hack don't be too worried about his return and tom gandy # 17 or 47 is a jet, will be close to best player in the vafa league, look out for this bloke, alex smout in the 2s can't play
yee i agree tht alex smout kid is a dead set spud, hed be lucky to hold an over head mark. to win the premiership his bags need to be packed

Obviously no one learnt anything form the OMs peanut who got on here last pre-season and announced OMs as good things for the flag, that they would roll De La in rd 1 and that De La were basically no chance. De La beat OM’s by about a combined 28 goals in the their 2 meetings, won the flag easily and went through undefeated. No wonder that poster has not been heard of since. While Xavs and Scotch and maybe a couple of others are big threats what would possibly possess someone to write of De La after 2 rounds like a few of the above posters. FFS they have won both of their games so far by 15 goals!

Agreed Rooster ... We are at the end of Round 2 and there is plenty of footy between now and the final four is decided.

As you mentioned a few weeks back. Lets see how the ladder is after 5 - 6 weeks. This will give a better indication of where every side is.

At this stage every side can still make the finals ;) as far as I can tell.

yee i agree tht alex smout kid is a dead set spud, hed be lucky to hold an over head mark. to win the premiership his bags need to be packed
oh yeah look at u brad watching u play footy is like trying to ride a penny farthing down the ****in beach...****in hard haha

More news from Beaumaris' new gun recruit Tom Gandy, as today he set an impressive beep test result of 15.3.

For all taggers looking to stop this force competing with that type of engine will
be a task in itself.

More news from Beaumaris' new gun recruit Tom Gandy, as today he set an impressive beep test result of 15.3.

For all taggers looking to stop this force competing with that type of engine will
be a task in itself.

i think i used to play against this gandy kid in juniors. He was an absolute gun! gandy and stbeads recruit charlie kinsey must be in contention for league B&F this year i reckon.

Tips for this weekend. Winners in Bold

Old Brighton
vs
Beaumaris

St Bedes/Mentone Tigers
vs
De La Salle

Old Scotch vs
Old Melburnians

University Blues
vs
Old Xaverians

Fitzroy vs
University Blacks

Sloth out.:footy:

Hopefully a few close games this week after far too many blowouts across the first 2 rounds. RFS – Only a Uni Blues person could tip them to roll Xavs. Perhaps you know something the rest of us don’t!

Old Brighton vs Beaumaris
Looks like being a long year for the beach boys. Hopefully they can recruit few to make them more competitive. Beauy by plenty.

St Bedes/Mentone Tigers vs De La Salle
Should be very a tight game. De La seniors hammered with injures so a few may get the call up but they should have the depth to cover.

Old Scotch vs Old Melburnians
Scotch by a long way. OM’s battling.

University Blues vs Old Xaverians
Blues at home not without a chance but Xavs red hot at the moment and look the team to beat.

Fitzroy vs University Blacks
Toss of a coin. Leaning to the Roys due to home ground advantage.

Old Brighton vs Beaumaris - Pick your margin!

St Bedes/Mentone Tigers vs De La Salle - will be a very close game with De La only pulling away late... would not surprise me if St Bedes won!

Old Scotch vs Old Melburnians - Old Melbourne should get better through out the year but Scotch to be too strong and win by at least 10 goals

University Blues vs Old Xaverians - Im with Rooster on this one! but it all depends which Uni side turns up!!

Fitzroy vs University Blacks - Im tipping a draw!!

Old Brighton vs Beaumaris - Pick your margin!

St Bedes/Mentone Tigers vs De La Salle - will be a very close game with De La only pulling away late... would not surprise me if St Bedes won!

Old Scotch vs Old Melburnians - Old Melbourne should get better through out the year but Scotch to be too strong and win by at least 10 goals

University Blues vs Old Xaverians - Im with Rooster on this one! but it all depends which Uni side turns up!!

Fitzroy vs University Blacks - Im tipping a draw!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont know how some of you are tipping st bedes against de la.
multi of the week.....
de la over 39.5/xavier over 39.5/scotch over 39.5/beauy over 59.5 leave the other one out. get on board this multi for a sure win

Another round of results that will reflect cricket scores. Might sneek down and watch the Roy boys, could be the only close one.

The gap between the top and bottom of premier and then the top of north and south is far too wide. HQ need to re-think the entire U/19 format.

How would you structure up the revised competition God Yeah ?

maybe like they did with the u18 comp last year? after 9 rounds split the top 5 from north and south 1 and create a new comp and same with the bottom 5? maybe even if 2 or 3 teams are struggling in Prem give them the option to drop down after round nine and replace them with the 2 or 3 best teams in north and south 1?

Thoughts?

maybe like they did with the u18 comp last year? after 9 rounds split the top 5 from north and south 1 and create a new comp and same with the bottom 5? maybe even if 2 or 3 teams are struggling in Prem give them the option to drop down after round nine and replace them with the 2 or 3 best teams in north and south 1?

Thoughts?

That’s exact what they are doing this year with North and South 1. Mid season they will create a Div 1 and 2. I agree with the principal but am just a bit wary of some unscrupulous clubs ‘playing dead’ to win a flag in a lower division.

In regard to teams dropping out of Premier mid season - I'm all for an even competition but believe that to maintain the integrity of the top grade it should not happen. What would happen with teams coming up? Do they keep the points obtained in the lower grade or do they get the points of the team they replaced? Just to many unknowns for mine. If a team wins a flag in North or South 1 it is up to them to recruit and develop their team to Premier Division standard. St Bedes and Beaumaris have done it but some other recent arrivals have not. That is why clubs like De La, Xavs, Scotch and Uni Blues deserve credit. Over many years they have always maintained teams of Premier Division standard. No surprise that they are usually the teams that are still around in September.

Another option is to scrap the geographical concept (except for the bottom 2 divisions) and go back to A, B. C. That might create a even competition.

That’s exact what they are doing this year with North and South 1. Mid season they will create a Div 1 and 2. I agree with the principal but am just a bit wary of some unscrupulous clubs ‘playing dead’ to win a flag in a lower division.

In regard to teams dropping out of Premier mid season - I'm all for an even competition but believe that to maintain the integrity of the top grade it should not happen. What would happen with teams coming up? Do they keep the points obtained in the lower grade or do they get the points of the team they replaced? Just to many unknowns for mine. If a team wins a flag in North or South 1 it is up to them to recruit and develop their team to Premier Division standard. St Bedes and Beaumaris have done it but some other recent arrivals have not. That is why clubs like De La, Xavs, Scotch and Uni Blues deserve credit. Over many years they have always maintained teams of Premier Division standard. No surprise that they are usually the teams that are still around in September.

Another option is to scrap the geographical concept (except for the bottom 2 divisions) and go back to A, B. C. That might create a even competition.

I agree it should be like the seniors with the sections and not geographical but it will always be a problem due to it being u19's and you only normally get 1-2 years out of players(if you ARE using old boys and not school boys!) would the option of maybe making it u20's work out better with that concept of A,B,C sections etc?

Also good to hear they are splitting the sections! are they also doing it with north and south 2?

I agree it should be like the seniors with the sections and not geographical but it will always be a problem due to it being u19's and you only normally get 1-2 years out of players(if you ARE using old boys and not school boys!) would the option of maybe making it u20's work out better with that concept of A,B,C sections etc?

Also good to hear they are splitting the sections! are they also doing it with north and south 2?

Still on that one are you? Just when I thought you were over the consecutive GF beatings you trot that one out again. Quite pathetic really. Doesn’t matter if your team is made up of schoolboys, old boys, working boys, uni boys, county boys or city boys. It’s under 19s so as long as they fit the age criteria they are eligible. Seems you are the only one who struggles with that. Don’t worry MUF this might finally be the year you knock off De La in grand final.

North & South 2 will remain as is.

Still on that one are you? Just when I thought you were over the consecutive GF beatings you trot that one out again. Quite pathetic really. Doesn’t matter if your team is made up of schoolboys, old boys, working boys, uni boys, county boys or city boys. It’s under 19s so as long as they fit the age criteria they are eligible. Seems you are the only one who struggles with that. Don’t worry MUF this might finally be the year you knock off De La in grand final.

North & South 2 will remain as is.

the reason i use that one is that it is the reason why the u19 comps are always so up an down except for those 4 or 5 sides that seem to be up the top of the Premier Division every year! not cause im going on about De La using School Boys.... Im sure the APS Schools would do the same if they played on a Wednesday!

expecting a very good win from uni blues this weekend. if we are to have the season we are expecting its time to step up and knock off a top 4 side. also heard things about a player at old scotch, his name is will boyd, nicknamed the "dove" for his elegance and agility. if all reports are accurate he could be one to watch for opposition backlines

the reason i use that one is that it is the reason why the u19 comps are always so up an down except for those 4 or 5 sides that seem to be up the top of the Premier Division every year! not cause im going on about De La using School Boys.... Im sure the APS Schools would do the same if they played on a Wednesday!

Yes but your infatuation with this has become a little tiresome. Maybe other clubs have heaps of school kids. I don’t know nor do I really care. Nor do I care that Xavs best player last year actually went to Trinity and the best goal kicker was a boarder from the bush who only came to the school in yr 11? It doesn’t matter that Xavs are an enormous school that attracts students from all over the state. Do you think this is fair too much smaller local based school like De La, Camberwell Grammar and St Bedes or to district clubs like Beaumaris and Fitzroy? At the end of the day it does not matter what a players background or the size of the school or suburb. If they pull on a club jumper on a Saturday then they represent that club. Whether they are at school, uni or doing a trade is irrelevant.

Be grateful that your club has heaps of players and can comfortably field 2 x U19 teams. Many club don’t have that luxury and respect the fact that De La Salle are a great club that run an excellent under 19 program that has been very successful in recent years. It wont last forever and I’m sure at some stage Xavs will take their place at the top of the tree.

Yes but your infatuation with this has become a little tiresome. Maybe other clubs have heaps of school kids. I don’t know nor do I really care. Nor do I care that Xavs best player last year actually went to Trinity and the best goal kicker was a boarder from the bush who only came to the school in yr 11? It doesn’t matter that Xavs are an enormous school that attracts students from all over the state. Do you think this is fair too much smaller local based school like De La, Camberwell Grammar and St Bedes or to district clubs like Beaumaris and Fitzroy? At the end of the day it does not matter what a players background or the size of the school or suburb. If they pull on a club jumper on a Saturday then they represent that club. Whether they are at school, uni or doing a trade is irrelevant.

Be grateful that your club has heaps of players and can comfortably field 2 x U19 teams. Many club don’t have that luxury and respect the fact that De La Salle are a great club that run an excellent under 19 program that has been very successful in recent years. It wont last forever and I’m sure at some stage Xavs will take their place at the top of the tree.

Im not looking for an argument im just trying to state that the system might work better if it was u20's which would give sides 2-3 years with the same lot of kids and they wouldnt struggle (like Old Brighton this year) instead of 1-2... it would also help with clubs retaining kids aswell! Thoughts on this and not where everyone comes from etc!

Im not looking for an argument im just trying to state that the system might work better if it was u20's which would give sides 2-3 years with the same lot of kids and they wouldnt struggle (like Old Brighton this year) instead of 1-2... it would also help with clubs retaining kids aswell! Thoughts on this and not where everyone comes from etc!

Fair enough. As you probably gathered the continued reference to this has got my back up previously and I might have been a bit harsh. Xavs a great club and I have enormous respect for them.

I’m in favour of the concept as long as they eliminate age anomalies. Under 20s means exactly that. No 20 ½ or exceptions for over age reserves players not getting a game. I would suggest most of the better 20 years old would be playing seniors or at least wanting to play 2s but the plan does have some merit. I reckon they should do the same with the 18s. Too many variations now with overage kids and 18 1/2s. Just make it under 18 as of 1st of January and be done with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back