Under 19 Premier Division - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
RFS, there were 7 U19s playing seniors on the weekend, I won't bother naming them. This had no affect on the Beaumaris vs. Fitzroy game though, as Beauy still had some handy inclusions. Beaumaris struggled all day and didn't deserve to win, well done to Fitzroy for getting the 4 points. It was an exciting end to the game with the ball locked inside beauys forward 50 for the last two minutes and beauy had 3 shots on goal to win the game, including one snap which looked like going in, hitting the inside of the post. Two injuries in the first quarter for Beaumaris didn't help with foward, Webber and full back, Bourne going down within minutes.

Doing some analysis of the Beaumaris side it appears that Braithwaite, Abbott and Gandy are the only 19's players who have played ones this year as well as 19's. The other four players could have been playing seniors all year long. Is this right Boomer ? Regardless of the amount of players in the ones. It was a great effort by Fitzroy to win as mentioned in my previous post.

Doing some analysis of the Beaumaris side it appears that Braithwaite, Abbott and Gandy are the only 19's players who have played ones this year as well as 19's. The other four players could have been playing seniors all year long. Is this right Boomer ? Regardless of the amount of players in the ones. It was a great effort by Fitzroy to win as mentioned in my previous post.

Yes, RFS that seems to be correct. 3 school kids slotted straight into seniors as well, but as I mentioned before the amount of 19s playing seniors had no affect on the game whatsoever and Fitzroy deserved the 4 points.

The MUF is lost in the middle of woop woop and has now finally found internet to post his tips!!

Old Melburnians vs St Bedes/Mentone - St Bedes need to win with Scotch getting 4 points this weekend and should do with ease!!

Beaumaris vs Uni Blues - We all know Blues have the squad to do damage in September even though they wont be there... Blues by 24

Uni Blacks vs Old Xaverians - I feel sorry for the boundary umps this weekend!! uphill and cross winds wont be fun! Xavs to continue winning!!

Fitzroy vs De La Salle Big win by the Roy boys last weekend but the top two sides have yards on the rest and this will be shown this saturday!!

btw if we thought the Old Brighton results were bad you should see what happens up the hume in the bush!!

With 7 games of the regular season remaining I thought it's no better opportunity to post odds for the flag. Would love to hear people's opinions as well:

$2.50 - Old Xaverians: (usually not a team to start so well, Xavs are known for the late year assaults on a season. Hard to beat, however depth of their team could be a concern. Will they cope with the pressure if a team takes it to them?)

$3.00 - De La Salle:The under 19's benchmark over the last few season, De La are up and about again this year and are getting the job done. Obviously have a few players playing up in the seniors and will be interesting if they can get them back for finals. Depth is not as strong as last year but by no means lacking ability. Warmer weather will help against the Xavs, should be able to outrun them).

$7.00 - St Bedes: There are two sides to St Bedes. Include there TAC Cup players and they can potentially challenge the top 2. Don't have those TAC players playing and they are not that impressive. They are a well drilled and well coached side which work in numbers but it depends what side they have in. As was the case when they beat DE LA earlier this year.

$10 - Beaumaris: Have not seen a team dominate a home ground like this. Have some good players in Weber and Dickinson (plays forward against bad teams and at CHB against good teams). Worryingly they lost to Fitzroy, which although is an improving side as well as having 7 players go up to seniors - you should be able to win those games considering the Roy Boys only had 1 on the bench. Away form is questionable and there tactics of playing there 2 hbf's behind the ball is questionable come finals time.

$20 - Old Scotch: Only listing these guys as they are 2 points behind 4th position. What to make of them? Beat Xavs and were gallant against de la in the the first round of games but were atrocious in there 3 games they lost. I hear injuries, etc. But you cannot make excuses and I severly doubt they'll even make finals. Whenever they play St Bedes will be a interesting one to watch.

With 7 games of the regular season remaining I thought it's no better opportunity to post odds for the flag. Would love to hear people's opinions as well:

$2.50 - Old Xaverians: (usually not a team to start so well, Xavs are known for the late year assaults on a season. Hard to beat, however depth of their team could be a concern. Will they cope with the pressure if a team takes it to them?)

$3.00 - De La Salle:The under 19's benchmark over the last few season, De La are up and about again this year and are getting the job done. Obviously have a few players playing up in the seniors and will be interesting if they can get them back for finals. Depth is not as strong as last year but by no means lacking ability. Warmer weather will help against the Xavs, should be able to outrun them).

$7.00 - St Bedes: There are two sides to St Bedes. Include there TAC Cup players and they can potentially challenge the top 2. Don't have those TAC players playing and they are not that impressive. They are a well drilled and well coached side which work in numbers but it depends what side they have in. As was the case when they beat DE LA earlier this year.

$10 - Beaumaris: Have not seen a team dominate a home ground like this. Have some good players in Weber and Dickinson (plays forward against bad teams and at CHB against good teams). Worryingly they lost to Fitzroy, which although is an improving side as well as having 7 players go up to seniors - you should be able to win those games considering the Roy Boys only had 1 on the bench. Away form is questionable and there tactics of playing there 2 hbf's behind the ball is questionable come finals time.

$20 - Old Scotch: Only listing these guys as they are 2 points behind 4th position. What to make of them? Beat Xavs and were gallant against de la in the the first round of games but were atrocious in there 3 games they lost. I hear injuries, etc. But you cannot make excuses and I severly doubt they'll even make finals. Whenever they play St Bedes will be a interesting one to watch.

Ill have a fair bit on the top two to make a profit and lay the rest!!!

Haha I'm not a bookie Mr Muf Diver. If only Sportsbet had odds on the under 19 section, would make it interesting.

Do you think I am spot on with my comments for all teams?

Haha I'm not a bookie Mr Muf Diver. If only Sportsbet had odds on the under 19 section, would make it interesting.

Do you think I am spot on with my comments for all teams?

yeah i think your spot on... Id say OX and DLS should maybe even be joint favourites with St Bedes around that mark Beauy about the 12-15/1 chance and Scotch at about 100/1 haha

The MUF is lost in the middle of woop woop and has now finally found internet to post his tips!!

Old Melburnians vs St Bedes/Mentone - St Bedes need to win with Scotch getting 4 points this weekend and should do with ease!!

Beaumaris vs Uni Blues - We all know Blues have the squad to do damage in September even though they wont be there... Blues by 24

Uni Blacks vs Old Xaverians - I feel sorry for the boundary umps this weekend!! uphill and cross winds wont be fun! Xavs to continue winning!!

Fitzroy vs De La Salle Big win by the Roy boys last weekend but the top two sides have yards on the rest and this will be shown this saturday!!

btw if we thought the Old Brighton results were bad you should see what happens up the hume in the bush!!

St Bedes/Mentone - just. A full strength OM side would provide an upset but with many on holidays, the boys from bayside will get the choccies. SBM by 2 goals.

Beaumaris - Home ground advantage will get the sharks over the line here. Will be another close contest. The Blues will be depleted as well but will be able to run out the game and be within 3 goals.

Old Xaverians - To continue on with their business this week. The Blacks have a few solid talls playing but not enough quality to match the Xavs. Xavs by 35 points.

De La Salle - The Roy Boys are up and about, as was evident with their win last week against Beauy. De La though are gaining players each week and are getting to full strength. De La to outrun Fitzroy and get the points by 26 points.

8 July 2011
The Big V U19 team to tackle the VCFL at Shepparton tomorrow has been named: Live vision at vafa.com.au

#NameClub1Daniel GARSIDE (C)St Bede’s/Mentone Tigers2Andrew PANAYIWerribee Districts3Tom PENBERTHYCollegians4Brendan GRECHRupertswood5Brendan GOSSOld Xaverians6Peter GLEADHILL (vc)Old Haileybury8Daniel IAUCONEOld Xaverians9James NORTHOld Brighton10Corey CASSIDYCollegians11Alexander CROFTCollegians12Simon CAVENSt Bernard’s15Morgan EVANSOld Carey17James SHANAHANCaulfield Grammarians18Tom HUMPHREYDe La Salle19Michael KARAYANNISOld Brighton21Louis O’KEEFECaulfield Grammarians22Max SLONIMCaulfield Grammarians24James GRINTERSt Kevin’s26Jarrod SARGENTOld Brighton27Max van den BROEKOld Scotch28Darcy HOLDENSt Bede’s/Mentone Tigers29Daniel AHEARNEOld Trinity30Mark TODDDe La SalleNameClub1Daniel GARSIDE (C)St Bede’s/Mentone Tigers2Andrew PANAYIWerribee Districts3Tom PENBERTHYCollegians4Brendan GRECHRupertswood5Brendan GOSSOld Xaverians6Peter GLEADHILL (vc)Old Haileybury8Daniel IAUCONEOld Xaverians9James NORTHOld Brighton10Corey CASSIDYCollegians11Alexander CROFTCollegians12Simon CAVENSt Bernard’s15Morgan EVANSOld Carey17James SHANAHANCaulfield Grammarians18Tom HUMPHREYDe La Salle19Michael KARAYANNISOld Brighton21Louis O’KEEFECaulfield Grammarians22Max SLONIMCaulfield Grammarians24James GRINTERSt Kevin’s26Jarrod SARGENTOld Brighton27Max van den BROEKOld Scotch28Darcy HOLDENSt Bede’s/Mentone Tigers29Daniel AHEARNEOld Trinity30Mark TODDDe La

Came out not that great... But what are peoples thoughts on the team? Doesn't look too bad, some handy players in there.

Spot on their muff with saha clearly not an educated gambler. Although in the vafa and especially U.19s there is always upsets.

tips this week

St bedes by 27
Beaumaris by 29
OX by 66
De la by 58

For those struggling punters out there have a bet on Andy Shcleck to win the tour de france into Federer to win the US open into pies premeirship into New Zealan to win the rugby world cup @$25. great value there!!

8 July 2011
The Big V U19 team to tackle the VCFL at Shepparton tomorrow has been named: Live vision at vafa.com.au

NameClub1Daniel GARSIDE (C)St Bede’s/Mentone Tigers2Andrew PANAYIWerribee Districts3Tom PENBERTHYCollegians4Brendan GRECHRupertswood5Brendan GOSSOld Xaverians6Peter GLEADHILL (vc)Old Haileybury8Daniel IAUCONEOld Xaverians9James NORTHOld Brighton10Corey CASSIDYCollegians11Alexander CROFTCollegians12Simon CAVENSt Bernard’s15Morgan EVANSOld Carey17James SHANAHANCaulfield Grammarians18Tom HUMPHREYDe La Salle19Michael KARAYANNISOld Brighton21Louis O’KEEFECaulfield Grammarians22Max SLONIMCaulfield Grammarians24James GRINTERSt Kevin’s26Jarrod SARGENTOld Brighton27Max van den BROEKOld Scotch28Darcy HOLDENSt Bede’s/Mentone Tigers29Daniel AHEARNEOld Trinity30Mark TODDDe La

Came out not that great... But what are peoples thoughts on the team? Doesn't look too bad, some handy players in there.

Looks a pretty good team on paper but remember the VCFL have a much bigger pool of players to choose from so it will be a tough ask. Most of these names would be unknown to the 19 Premier board as they nearly all play senior footy. Well done to Iaucone from Xavs who would be one of very few not to have played any seniors this year. From De La’s perspective Humphrey and Todd were walk up starts. Close very stiff to miss, as he had been solid at senior level. Perhaps too many other midfield options.

Beauy v Xavs- Beauy have the home ground advantage however Xavs are looking the goods and should win by 30.

Scotch v Uni Blues - probably game of the round. Scotch must win to have a chance at making the 4 and it will be a tight game. Scotch by 10 (home ground)

Uni Blacks v Fitzroy - Interesting game if Blacks get players back but Fitqroy should be too strong. Roy by 23

De la v OM's - De la by 60

Beauy v Xavs- Beauy have the home ground advantage however Xavs are looking the goods and should win by 30.

Scotch v Uni Blues - probably game of the round. Scotch must win to have a chance at making the 4 and it will be a tight game. Scotch by 10 (home ground)

Uni Blacks v Fitzroy - Interesting game if Blacks get players back but Fitqroy should be too strong. Roy by 23

De la v OM's - De la by 60

Don't know about your first prediction Jimmy Carter. Beauy at home for mine... especially given the form of a few of there better players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't know about your first prediction Jimmy Carter. Beauy at home for mine... especially given the form of a few of there better players.

you need to remember beauy had the chance to drop its 19's back from the seniors plus it had a few TAC cup players playing last week...

you need to remember beauy had the chance to drop its 19's back from the seniors plus it had a few TAC cup players playing last week...

You are spot on Muf about last week ! Beauy was very impressive on their home deck.

The game should be a cracker between the two clubs ... Especially after last year's first semi final. When Xavs won the contested footy and the contest overall.

Just reckon Xavs better players are better than Beauy's and they have far more depth, but yeah the home ground advantage is that of Geelongs.... but on form....Xavs

8 July 2011

#NameClub1Daniel GARSIDE (C)St Bede’s/Mentone Tigers2Andrew PANAYIWerribee Districts3Tom PENBERTHYCollegians4Brendan GRECHRupertswood5Brendan GOSSOld Xaverians6Peter GLEADHILL (vc)Old Haileybury8Daniel IAUCONEOld Xaverians9James NORTHOld Brighton10Corey CASSIDYCollegians11Alexander CROFTCollegians12Simon CAVENSt Bernard’s15Morgan EVANSOld Carey17James SHANAHANCaulfield Grammarians18Tom HUMPHREYDe La Salle19Michael KARAYANNISOld Brighton21Louis O’KEEFECaulfield Grammarians22Max SLONIMCaulfield Grammarians24James GRINTERSt Kevin’s26Jarrod SARGENTOld Brighton27Max van den BROEKOld Scotch28Darcy HOLDENSt Bede’s/Mentone Tigers29Daniel AHEARNEOld Trinity30Mark TODDDe La SalleNameClub1Daniel GARSIDE (C)St Bede’s/Mentone Tigers2Andrew PANAYIWerribee Districts3Tom PENBERTHYCollegians4Brendan GRECHRupertswood5Brendan GOSSOld Xaverians6Peter GLEADHILL (vc)Old Haileybury8Daniel IAUCONEOld Xaverians9James NORTHOld Brighton10Corey CASSIDYCollegians11Alexander CROFTCollegians12Simon CAVENSt Bernard’s15Morgan EVANSOld Carey17James SHANAHANCaulfield Grammarians18Tom HUMPHREYDe La Salle19Michael KARAYANNISOld Brighton21Louis O’KEEFECaulfield Grammarians22Max SLONIMCaulfield Grammarians24James GRINTERSt Kevin’s26Jarrod SARGENTOld Brighton27Max van den BROEKOld Scotch28Darcy HOLDENSt Bede’s/Mentone Tigers29Daniel AHEARNEOld Trinity30Mark TODDDe La

Good afternoon footy fans, i am sincerely sorry for my absence from this forum, i know you have been anticipating the return of the king! Now im not a very emotional bloke, but i did shed a tear when i was overlooked (pardon the pun) from this team. I did everything the coach asked of me and worked my arse off on the track, but was still overlooked (again, pardon the pun). Look i don't want to sound like a sore loser but i did have a small smirk on my money maker when the VCFL boys won.

My exclusion from this team affected my performance on the weekend as i only managed to score 2 goals. Now you all most be thinking, wow Nichooooo what happened, did people get in your way??
Answer: F****** spot on! I have had countless conversations with the coach, my team mates and most importantly O'Connell but it seems my pleas are falling on deaf ears! We have rectified this problem (I hope) at training and this week against OM's i will personally bag a big 6 while the backs keeping that wannabe Sebestian to 0 goals, putting me rightfully back on top of the goal kicking!

Tips this week:
Beaui
Blues
Fitzroy
DLS

Until next time, Nichooooo out!

Good afternoon footy fans, i am sincerely sorry for my absence from this forum, i know you have been anticipating the return of the king! Now im not a very emotional bloke, but i did shed a tear when i was overlooked (pardon the pun) from this team. I did everything the coach asked of me and worked my arse off on the track, but was still overlooked (again, pardon the pun). Look i don't want to sound like a sore loser but i did have a small smirk on my money maker when the VCFL boys won.

My exclusion from this team affected my performance on the weekend as i only managed to score 2 goals. Now you all most be thinking, wow Nichooooo what happened, did people get in your way??
Answer: F****** spot on! I have had countless conversations with the coach, my team mates and most importantly O'Connell but it seems my pleas are falling on deaf ears! We have rectified this problem (I hope) at training and this week against OM's i will personally bag a big 6 while the backs keeping that wannabe Sebestian to 0 goals, putting me rightfully back on top of the goal kicking!

Tips this week:
Beaui
Blues
Fitzroy
DLS

Until next time, Nichooooo out!

You're a flog!!

Good call, Beauy have won 13 on the trot at the aquarium, it will be an awesome game.

After a dominant display from the boys in red and black last week it's, it's almost impossible to tip against them, even if they come up against beauy in beauy. If xavs can go on to win this, surely it places them above de la in terms of flag chances.

Tips for Round 13:

Beaumaris vs Old Xaverians - Match of the round... depending on how strong both teams will be this week will decide it i think... not the easiest ground and crowd to go and play against! I expect it to be decided by less then a kick....

Old Scotch vs Uni Blues - Blues have the squad to play finals which they wont be but they will be able to finish off a season for another side this week and the final 4 will be decided... Blues by 30

Uni Blacks vs Fitzroy - Battle of relegation with this game... both sides have been able to stay with the top sides for a half over the last few weeks but home ground advantage will be the key to this one!! Blacks by 24

De La Salle vs Old Melburnians - OM's are an improving side but De La have only lost once at the dairy bell in the last few years if i am correct!! this great record to continue!! OM's might aswell only come for the milkshakes!!, De La by 70

Tips for Round 13:

Beaumaris vs Old Xaverians - Match of the round... depending on how strong both teams will be this week will decide it i think... not the easiest ground and crowd to go and play against! I expect it to be decided by less then a kick....

Old Scotch vs Uni Blues - Blues have the squad to play finals which they wont be but they will be able to finish off a season for another side this week and the final 4 will be decided... Blues by 30

Uni Blacks vs Fitzroy - Battle of relegation with this game... both sides have been able to stay with the top sides for a half over the last few weeks but home ground advantage will be the key to this one!! Blacks by 24

De La Salle vs Old Melburnians - OM's are an improving side but De La have only lost once at the dairy bell in the last few years if i am correct!! this great record to continue!! OM's might aswell only come for the milkshakes!!, De La by 70

Beaumaris vs Old Xaverians - The Xavs to take the choccies on Saturday. They will win the contested ball and use that possesion wisely. Beauy are a cocky bunch there so will be a rude awakening. Xavs by 11 points.

Old Scotch vs Uni Blues - Could be the finals ending game for the Scotchies, however I don't think this will be the week for that to happen. Blues may still have a few boys away and that may affect their performance. It could go either way but I think the home ground will edge it in the Scotchies favour. Scotch by 8 points.

Uni Blacks vs Fitzroy -upset alert here. Blacks have some talented talls but like their Bues counterparts, will struggle to be at their best. Fitzroy has a good set of solid players which should get the job done. Roys by 18.

De La Salle vs Old Melburnians - Not much to say here. DE La to romp it home. OM's won't give much of a fight to be honest. 86 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back