Under 19 Premier Division - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those votes that are up on vafa website, are submitted by each team. either there team manager or coach, so whilst turner may get some browny points with the people sitting on his bench he clearly didnt take the cake with the umpires. its an award given by the umpires not each sides bench.

And Muf, this weeks games should be a thriller, although scammel is a shorter ground.. the wide open space and the deep pockets/flanks will catch xavs out. Sharks for me.

Obviously it's done by the umpires. He was a standout player, and if he doesn't poll top 3 it's a joke even with Fitzroy only winning a handful of games. Also if Beaumaris make the grand final that's a massive joke, there not even in the top 5 teams i've seen this year. Xav's will smash them

No comment

I tried my best big footy fans to not talk my win up, but seeing as none have you have, I guess it's left to me! I am honored to be the best play in the league and deservedly so (if you ask me)! With great players like dickinson from beauy, turner from the roy boys, kremmer from oms, Hanlon from blues and even that courageous hannan from xavs, I am just that one step better than them! Now mr muf although we have had our differences in the past, to not respect as the great I am is unbelievable. Not only did I put on an exhibition against your side of pretenders, I did consistently throughout the year!

I am going to let you all in on a little secret, the boys at sandy zebs have asked me to sign a contract at the end of the year, just in case any other clubs, vfl or afl, try to sign me! Although gws have spoken to me, they are worried about my extraordinarily small build and may over look me(pardon the pun)!

To this weeks game, beauy will win by 6 goals and send the pretenders from xavs out in straight sets! It would be a perfect year for me, bnf, xavs out in straight sets, norm smith and a premiership!

Mr muf man please give me your wise unbiased opinion because I value what you post, it's always entertaining!!

Love your favourite bnf winner,

Nicho xoxo

Saha - Whats up ??:eek:

My cholesterol :)

Hello OnceAgain,

What a great week it was for me. Old Scotch are in A grade again, OM's back down and De La knocked the Xavs off in the under 19's.

Not sure what Oakleigh Reserve is like in regards to ground size, but you could be in trouble against Beaumaris this week if it's a big ground.

How has your week been OnceAgain, mine has been splendid - booked flights to States and going to go chasing those big ladies over there.

Interesting to see Nicho won the b&f - congrats but surely a FP can't win a league b&f comp. I heard he did alright in seniors games this year but I can't see him dominating when he matures (playing small guys one out in the goalsquare doesn't work in Senior grade).

My cholesterol :)

Hello OnceAgain,

What a great week it was for me. Old Scotch are in A grade again, OM's back down and De La knocked the Xavs off in the under 19's.

Not sure what Oakleigh Reserve is like in regards to ground size, but you could be in trouble against Beaumaris this week if it's a big ground.

How has your week been OnceAgain, mine has been splendid - booked flights to States and going to go chasing those big ladies over there.

Interesting to see Nicho won the b&f - congrats but surely a FP can't win a league b&f comp. I heard he did alright in seniors games this year but I can't see him dominating when he matures (playing small guys one out in the goalsquare doesn't work in Senior grade).

You should really see a doctor if that’s the case ......

What’s your beef with OM's ?? They try hard .... I would have thought you have much in common.

As much as it pains me to see you still in A grade ....it does give me solace that when the deep winter hits I can always count on your boys providing me with a laugh and eight points ..

Ahhhh good old WA Scammell Reserve - Makes Brindisi look like the MCG , but hey no need to worry about the ground its all about getting the pill. Will you be joining us?

Off to the states hey .... :thumbsu::thumbsu: Lucky boy . But I spose most of the OSFC are able to take good old fashioned September Holiday ....that luxury isn’t afforded to all my friend.

Nicho was always winning the B&F – The white men always migrate to people of similar stature. And at 4ft he was pretty hard to go past.

Apparently the Bryan Royal of Old Scotch has put his hand up for the senior gig aka Tim Sheerer?? Surely its time to move on ???

This maybe true OnceAgain but he does have a very good win/loss ratio at Xavs over the last few years. You have to agree with that ...

Yes Yes he does ........But as good a coach Mr Maule is - A coaching pannel of John Kennedy , Leigh Matthews , Mick Malthouse and Norm Smith couldnt turn around the problems OS have.

What problems do Old Scotch have ?

They have some of the best facilities in the comp and they have a regular supply of kids from the school. It can't all be that bad.

Anyway back to this weekend. Xavs will beat Beauy in the Prelim to make sure the best two teams of 2011 play off in the GF.

What problems do Old Scotch have ?

They have some of the best facilities in the comp and they have a regular supply of kids from the school. It can't all be that bad.

Anyway back to this weekend. Xavs will beat Beauy in the Prelim to make sure the best two teams of 2011 play off in the GF.

My good friend Saha can elaborate .........tell the truth:p

Hope so !! Would cap a fantastic year for the OX - IF they win both U19 sides will be in GF's :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My good friend Saha can elaborate .........tell the truth:p

Hope so !! Would cap a fantastic year for the OX - IF they win both U19 sides will be in GF's :thumbsu:

You're just disrespectful OnceAgain, karma will bite your club in backside one day.

Good luck to De La in the Grand Final next week, just a well respected club in the VAFA and the best side in the under 19's comp this year and the last 6 years.

Is there a reason why the VAFA hasn't released the polls round by round for 19s? Or is just lazy.

someone told me the VAFA were too busy with finals to get the votes up on the website. Pretty poor effort - assuming they have the details in a spreadsheet like they do for the senior teams it would take maybe 5 minutes to upload the votes.

What is the situation with team of the year? Do they include the guns who might only play 2 or 3 U19 games or is it based on guys who play all year?

I reckon you will find that they will pick the team from players who been playing 19's most of the year.

I am tipping the following should get a run.

Turner (Fitz)
Woodley (OX)
Nicholson (DLS)
Webber (Beauy)
Cuningham (UBlu)
Hannan (OX)

Thoughts on those 6 ?

Yeah, I emailed them and heard the same thing. It is apparently a very very busy time of the year, which makes sense but c'mon 2 minute upload.

Agree with 5 of those, but cunninghams skills aren't up to scratch for mine. Could choose another midfielder better than him. He's still good by not team of the year I dont think. Jamieson from scotch or Denton or harangozo would be better picks

I reckon you will find that they will pick the team from players who been playing 19's most of the year.

I am tipping the following should get a run.

Turner (Fitz)
Woodley (OX)
Nicholson (DLS)
Webber (Beauy)
Cuningham (UBlu)
Hannan (OX)

Thoughts on those 6 ?

hannan? are you joking? the "father" is nothing compared to other xavier forwards (iaucoine) (red nut) and other talls in the comp. To put it plainly he is soft, while we are on team of the year what about cross from st beads, absolute gun from the games i saw this year. mattingly from beaumaris is a jet too kicking 50 odd from spending most time in the midfield. espinosa from de la another to consider?

Had a good chat to the mother of Charlie Woodley from Old Xavs the other day. She told me all about the small dog she walks around with and how it won the Sydney Easter Show in 2009. Pretty impressive. Also filled me in on how Charlie was equal Best and fairest winner of the premier side in 2010, and how her husband is a 6'4 former Hawthorn premiership player. Might catch up with her for a Mocha Latte in Armadale and have a bit more of a chat about things, such a charming and delightful woman.

hannan? are you joking? the "father" is nothing compared to other xavier forwards (iaucoine) (red nut) and other talls in the comp.

I was thinking about who should be in the team and I was starting from the backline. It struck me that I did not really know who the guys are as our systems these days focus on forwards and midfielders. I know I was very impressed by the backlines of both De La and Xavs (which is the real reason they are in the GF) but I had not taken any notice of the names apart from O'Connell from De La and I know he does not always play back.
How about we generate some thoughts on who the back six should be and then move on.

Barnhoorn from St Bedes is a decent forward/mid

Johnston from Old Scotch beat most opponents in the backline.

Dickinson (Beauy) down back was solid, but he played loose man most games and shouldn't qualify then as a backline spot for him.

Plant from Xavs was good down back, but he went overseas mid year. Provided plenty of rebound.

Jamieson from scotch and sam brooks from de la should both be certain starters across the half back line in the team of the year. Didnt see jamieson play much but was awarded a rising star nomination and from what ive been told played most of the year in the 19's. Sam brooks is yet to be beaten this year as well as playing 2 or 3 games for the senoirs.

Back Flank is the last position you would have jamieson. Either on ball or forward pocket along with kemerrer and Barry.

Blee from beaumaris played really well against st bedes in the finals last week-don't know wheter all that consistent though...

Everyone should keep e-mailing them-It is a bit slack when it is 10 days after the announcement and no-one can push the upload button!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back