U19 Under 19 Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
beaumaris should probably try get back their port melbourne gun luke edwards... he could be the difference.

Isn't luke edwards listed at De La where he played 19s last year.

I have also heard that this under 18s competiton is not going ahead, over heard it from a VAFA board member.

but with the 18's and 19's one problem could be a shit top ager would have no where to play if dropped form the 19's due to an influx of gun u/18's.. may be likely seen as bedes have a relatively young list...

SBMT would not have entered an U/18 side if that was the case. They could easily field a second U/19 side in south division. The only reason they decided to field a U/18 was because overage players who weren't good enough for premiers could still play.

i know nothing of st bedes line up but looking through de la players id say de la wont lose a game this year

Surely the DeLa list couldn't have improved on last years?
I think someone mentioned the Bedes team were farely young last year so if both are true then this season is fast looking like a two horse race.

How can you say they wont lose a game?
You obviouasly know nothing of the other squads and from all reports St.bedes are retaining a fair few players.
The De La squad's strength will all depend on VFL and TAC cup selections too, as i believe they have 6-8 players from these squads who can play under 19's as well as 3-4 players in senior contention.
This would also be the same for St.Bedes who will have a few players in seniors as well as a few TAC boys.

Any news on the other squads all the talk seems to be about de la and bedes at this point?

Surely the DeLa list couldn't have improved on last years?
I think someone mentioned the Bedes team were farely young last year so if both are true then this season is fast looking like a two horse race.

I've written to the VAFA and they have agreed to call the season off due to the football season being turned into an equine event. You really are knobs on the other side of town.

Xavier played Marcellin today and were lucky to win.

Ulbrick dominated it was actually a joke how good he was.

Marcellin were really physical from what I saw on the boundary.

Best for Xavier: Ulbrick,Ng,Ng,Cross,M.Amad,Chester
Best for Marcellin: Number 10

(Log in to remove this ad.)

De La Salle vs collegians at Harry Trott

De La won by about 15 goals i think

Was a shocking game of footy was really not worth the time as Collegians were not anywhere near competitive. De La didnt step out of 1st gear and played pretty ordinarily. Conditions made it hard for both teams to move the ball well and score heavily, was really only a few good passages of play for the day.

So not even really worth reporting gave no indication of De La's progress or form really

De La Salle vs collegians at Harry Trott

De La won by about 15 goals i think

Was a shocking game of footy was really not worth the time as Collegians were not anywhere near competitive. De La didnt step out of 1st gear and played pretty ordinarily. Conditions made it hard for both teams to move the ball well and score heavily, was really only a few good passages of play for the day.

So not even really worth reporting gave no indication of De La's progress or form really
How did De La go the week earlier?

Just Beat camberwell by 2 or 3 goals i think, could be wrong though no score was recorded. Had 10-12 players from first team missing and played pretty ordinarily.

Apparently Beaumaris crushed St Bedes u/19 premiers last Sunday in a practice match at Beaumaris. And St Bedes have lost a few of their best players to injury for some weeks.

Not a great start to the season ?

Thoughts on Round 1??

Here are my predictions

St Bedes vs Uni Blacks
Bedes by 27 Points

Old Xavs vs De La
De La by 53 Points

Uni Blues vs Beaumauris
Uni Blues by 11 Points

Trinity vs Scotch
Scotch by 90 Points

Rupertswood vs Marcellin
Marcellin by 31 Points

Tips for this week

St Bedes vs Uni Blacks
Bedes by 18 Points

Old Xavs vs De La Salle
De La by 28 Points

Uni Blues vs Beaumauris
Beaumaris by 11 Points

Trinity vs Scotch
Trinity by 20 Points

Rupertswood vs Marcellin
Rupertswood by 3 Points ( home ground advantage ! Opposition Teams suffer from Jet Lag ) )

Tips for this week

St Bedes vs Uni Blacks
Bedes by 8 Points

Old Xavs vs De La Salle
De La by 98 Points

Uni Blues vs Beaumauris
Uni Blues by 17 Points

Trinity vs Scotch
Scotch by 2 Points

Rupertswood vs Marcellin
Marcellin by 14 Points

Whats the news from Scotch?

I have seen trinity, and they were real ordinary. I was expecting Scotch to be a top 4 contender.. if they are they should punish Trinity this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back