Unpopular AFL Opinions

Remove this Banner Ad

thanks for proving my point by thinking you have a point by posting a jpeg of a charlie dixon quote from 5aa, i don't know who is respected less in SA, the player or the station, nice one
The only year Port haven’t made finals recently you ave 29k home crowd
Freo were btm 6 last year and ave 40k
But yes you’re the real supporter base that don’t show up when your losing and freo have unreal supporters that show up win lose or playing Gold Coast.
freo supporters arent real like port supporters
No glory hunters
No tarps
No irrelevant gimmicks
Just a passion for footy and their team

Last edited:
The only year Port haven’t made finals recently you ave 29k home crowd
Freo were btm 6 last year and ave 40k
But yes you’re the real supporter base that don’t show up when your losing and freo have unreal supporters that show up win lose or playing Gold Coast.
freo supporters arent real like port supporters
No glory hunters
No tarps
No irrelevant gimmicks
Just a passion for footy and their team

you know who is respected less than charlie dixon and 5aa? freo fans

imagine bragging about being bottom 6 and still being mindless happy drones forking your money over, absolutely clueless, anti-footy. almost 30 years of failure and they BRAG about it. everything wrong with the AFL.

imagine bragging about being bottom 6 and still being mindless happy drones forking your money over, absolutely clueless, anti-footy. almost 30 years of failure and they BRAG about it. everything wrong with the AFL.
They’re called real supporters.
Imagine abandoning your club after they gave you the ultimate joy less than 10 yrs prior so they embarrassedly had to cover the stands with tarps.
When I was a kid growing up in SA
port were the most successful club of the land.
Everyone hated them because they were that bloody good.
and now they’re
everyone’s second favourite team.
Play a Sydney bands jingle and pretend their Liverpool
And their fans desert them anytime they’re not a top 4 team.
Make of that what you will

They’re called real supporters.
Imagine abandoning your club after they gave you the ultimate joy less than 10 yrs prior so they embarrassedly had to cover the stands with tarps.
When I was a kid growing up in SA
port were the most successful club of the land.
Everyone hated them because they were that bloody good.
and now they’re
everyone’s second favourite team.
Play a Sydney bands jingle and pretend their Liverpool
And their fans desert them anytime they’re not a top 4 team.
Make of that what you will

Wouldn’t bother arguing this point.

We hear it every Showdown. “Plastic club”, “Franchise”, “Born in a courtroom”, “Not a real club” etc.

It’s all made up narrative to make themselves superior. Despite the song idea that was made up by someone in PR, taking games to China to make a quick buck or all the other corporatised initiatives that all clubs do, their “different”, and “we just don’t get it”.

We hear it every Showdown. “Born in a courtroom”, “Not a real club” etc.

It’s all made up narrative

but you were and you aren't! you don't even know your own franchises history bra, you were a piece of paper in a desk drawer for your first 5 years of existence! happy to educate you further via DM

(Log in to remove this ad.)

but you were and you aren't! you don't even know your own franchises history bra, you were a piece of paper in a desk drawer for your first 5 years of existence! happy to educate you further via DM

I'm no mathematician, but I believe 1990 is an older year than 1996. I don't think Port fans out of anyone can label any other club a plastic franchise lol

I know our history, and that isn’t the gotcha moment you think it is.

well go on, keep typing, are you limited to 100 characters a day or something mate spill the beans

well go on, keep typing, are you limited to 100 characters a day or something mate spill the beans

Are you asking me to say the history of the Adelaide Football Club?

Reality is that the AFL as a league is corporatised. I can accept there was a time where there was something that set Port as a club apart (although I think Port fans need to acknowledge that part of that was their recruiting come), but the league/industry has moved past those days.

It’s the same reason that the two most successful VFL clubs of the 20th century have not won a flag in the 21st. They didn’t move on fast enough.

You’re not special anymore.

I think Nick Daicos is tough
There's definitely some truth to this.

He cops quite a bit, and mostly absorbs it.

He's no Lenny Hayes or Joel Selwood, but compared to us mere mortals - he's very tough.

The other things to note, is that some guys simply play better in space. So their natural instinct (and the logical decision) is to try to find space to work in. This sometimes get misconstrued as jibbing contact - but it's not always necessarily the case.

i think some players, new younger ones, should adopt the higher numbers that hardly anyone uses
be 99.
be 88
be 69. nice

be 77, 74, whatever

embrace it
I thought a lot of AFL clubs at the moment only allow their players to pick numbers up to 50, with numbers higher than than being allocated to their VFL players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back