Preview **UPDATE** Changes vs. Sydney - Saturday 11.45am WST

Remove this Banner Ad

We look ****ing horrendous. We cant mark, tackle, handball or kick. We make the wrong decision on almost every disposal. There is zero pressure. Yet we've now had 2 players suspended for losing their heads.

The whole team can **** off. I'm even starting to believe the whole WC players are whingers tag. They are all playing like their mrs just cheated on them. Privileged campaigners.

I didn't see today's game (thank fu**) but how hard was the Redden tag? Was it for the entire game?

Kind of hard to judge him harshly if that was his role.

I was listening to the game on the radio however and it sounded like Schofield had a mare. So i imagine he will be a straight swap for Gov.

Good to hear Ah Chee and Jones having a crack, hopefully we can make some sort of forwardline. The mid to HFF link is missing.
Wed just kicked 3 in a row - they kicked one and schoey gifted them one as the umps were running the ball to the centre to bounce.

stupid stupid stupid.

we never looked a chance after that.

I'm sure Richmond can't wait til we play them back into form. They can launch their season from then on..
Us, well, we can get back home.

Out -Hickey,Cripps needs a spell,Will Schoefield -the head but was piss weak but needs to be made an example of .Govs poor deciplinary act has hurt us
Ins-Bailey Williams,Jake Waterman & Oscar Allen

We need to get games into the talented young ones now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry then mate if that’s the case .
Must of heard something which wasnt right

I think the confusion is because we’ve got two ONeills, both midfielders.

XON is in the hub but only played the second scratch match, not sure why he missed the first.

MON is still in Tassie.

What has Port done that WC Adelaide and Freo haven't? Only team to win a game in the hub so far
Mental positivity and in red hot form.
Simpson whines and throws down gauntlet, and compare comment from Hinkley about Hub:
...”KH: We are more focused on this weekend than the next round of fixtures. We trust our management and the AFL to get that right. We are looking forward to the day we get back to Adelaide Oval and see our members again. For now we remain patient.”

granted, Eagles have been there longer, but still, negativity trickling from the top down.

I think it’s plausible that Simpson was told by the corporates in the club to put media pressure on the AFL and other decision makers to let the club get its way.

Either way who’s to say it has affected the players. We have basically just reverted to playing like we did in stages last year, except there are no circuit breakers this year.

I think it’s the system failing since the rest of the comp picked it apart after 2018 and the players have lost faith in the system, and they don’t want the footy because they don’t want the ‘blame’ for the system breaking down.

We’ve been in the hub the same amount of time as Freo and played the same three teams.

They’ve lost by an average of 18 points. We’ve lost by an average of 40 points. Their biggest loss (29) is less than our closest loss (30).

We can’t blame the hub.

weve been loyally shafted by the afl over the hub. but no excuses

players are chucking a sad
The AFL virtually had no choices with what the WA govt was/is doing. It was do this hub or we don't have a season.
I believe the AFL's preferred model was FIFO but that was impossible with the rules the state govt had set. Our club and Fremantle have been the sacrificial lambs in all this. We may be getting a run of home games but if we can't win at least one and probably two of the next games then it won't matter, our season will have been ruined. It looks like it is pretty well finished now. The players' confidence is shot and we would struggle to beat any other team.

We’ve been in the hub the same amount of time as Freo and played the same three teams.

They’ve lost by an average of 18 points. We’ve lost by an average of 40 points. Their biggest loss (29) is less than our closest loss (30).

We can’t blame the hub.
I disagree that we can't blame the hub. To say that the hub is not a major reason is just not true.
Two Qld teams, three wins each, two WA teams no wins each. I know no active coach or player likes to admit it but it's like carrying 50 kg in your saddle bags. It's possible to win but much more difficult.

Fremantle have played better than us, this is clear. One reason that they may have handled the hub better than us is that they are a younger team. Three players with children as opposed to 15 is an important factor. The players are elite athletes and 1 or 2 % off mentally makes a big difference. To use one example, Darling looks as though he doesn't want to be there. Probably it would have been better for all if he wasn't there.

Last edited:
IN: Allen, McGovern
Out: Hickey, Schofield

Really not sure whether to go Williams/Allen to back up Nic.

Allen offers up more forward, and Richmond don't really care about ruck contests, but Oscar has been well beaten in the ruck contests this year to date.

Richmond look poor, but they are stilling bringing their tackle pressure.

Combined with our lack of skills and night game conditions, the game will primarily be a game of ground ball gets and field position. Dusty is nowhere near having his normal impact on games at the moment.

They are travelling the day of the game off of a 5 day break is the only positive in the Eagles corner.

Tough times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back