Preview **UPDATE** Changes vs. Sydney - Saturday 11.45am WST

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure we watched the same game. Duggan had 15 disposals at 86% efficiency and a single clanger. I can’t recall any mistakes that led to Port goals.

Even without checking the stats I would’ve had him in my votes, if I was bothering to do them.

He offers no drive, never has. He is a stopper at best and an average one at that. The half back role has to offer drive and break the lines. You are correct that he was not our worst today but it wasn’t any great game and it was all he can deliver.
My changes are based about producing some spark and of course rely on the Coach wanting to move the ball quicker.
It is my opinion we have options to possibly inject that spark. Duggan for me is not part of that.

Not many changes will happen as that’s not Simpson’s way.

I would make a few though.

Outs
Duggan is an average player and I am sick to death of hearing give him time to develop, he makes so many errors.
Redden is not performing and the game is to quick for him. We play a slow game plan so players like him can be involved.
Cripps just isn’t performing.
Schofield for obvious reasons.

Ins
Mcgovern
Rotham
Cameron if fit
Allen

The side lacks spark and the coaches need to generate spark by changing things up.
Why can’t Ryan play midfield?, he has a good tank, he can tackle and chase and he is elusive.
Jetta to the wing, it’s where it started fir him and we need class on the wing. He can still play that role.

Cole - Barrass - Rotham
Hurn - McGovern- Shepherd
Jetta - Yeo - Gaff
Allen - Darling - Kelly
Cameron - Kennedy - Jones

NicNat - Shuey - Ryan

I/c Hickey - Ah Chee- Brander - Sheed

We simply have to generate quicker ball movement and with a Ryan and Jetta in the midfield this could happen if they are given a licence to move it on. Ryan will swap with Kelly. Ah Chee can chop out the other mids.
We must fix the midfield and until it’s fixed nothing else will change.
I don't think Ryan's body would survive the midfield.

How do we know? So therefor it’s Redden and Sheed. Same old same old.

Same result
We don't, it's just some flog (me) speculating that he'd become very injury prone with any time in the middle.

We don't have any decent options because our list has been poorly managed. Well, Rioli and Venables would have fit that role, but...

He offers no drive, never has. He is a stopper at best and an average one at that. The half back role has to offer drive and break the lines. You are correct that he was not our worst today but it wasn’t any great game and it was all he can deliver.
My changes are based about producing some spark and of course rely on the Coach wanting to move the ball quicker.
It is my opinion we have options to possibly inject that spark. Duggan for me is not part of that.

Right, it’s the lack of drive that concerns you.

That’s why you originally said you wanted him out because he makes so many errors.

Duggan is so far from being one of our biggest concerns at the moment he may as well be back in Perth.

We don't, it's just some flog (me) speculating that he'd become very injury prone with any time in the middle.

We don't have any decent options because our list has been poorly managed. Well, Rioli and Venables would have fit that role, but...

I reckon he can handle 5-7 minutes in a quarter in there. Kelly will do the bulk of it.

Right, it’s the lack of drive that concerns you.

That’s why you originally said you wanted him out because he makes so many errors.

He didn’t do it today but I have never seen an AFL footballer who kicks into the man on the mark as often as he does, he takes tacklers on consistently and it rarely comes off. It is these same things over the journey. You were the one who mentioned today.
It was nothing special today and it’s scary if you think he was anything but average today.

He didn’t do it today but I have never seen an AFL footballer who kicks into the man on the mark as often as he does, he takes tacklers on consistently and it rarely comes off. It is these same things over the journey. You were the one who mentioned today.
It was nothing special today and it’s scary if you think he was anything but average today.

Last week he went at 70% with two clangers.

The week before he went at 76% with two clangers.

I don’t know where you’re getting this idea that he’s some gaffe-prone bumbling half back. No one else is seeing it. You clearly just don’t like the bloke.

I thought he played well today. In our backline I would’ve had him second behind Shep in terms of performance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last week he went at 70% with two clangers.

The week before he went at 76% with two clangers.

I don’t know where you’re getting this idea that he’s some gaffe-prone bumbling half back. No one else is seeing it. You clearly just don’t like the bloke.

I thought he played well today. In our backline I would’ve had him second behind Shep in terms of performance.

Fair enough, that’s your view. I don’t rate him as high as you do.

Fair enough, that’s your view. I don’t rate him as high as you do.

You obviously don’t rate him at all. If you could watch that game today and decide Duggan is your first man to be dropped because of errors he might have committed in previous games, it’s clearly a personal vendetta.

Honestly, I reckon anyone could name 12 players who’d be more deserving of the chop without even pausing to think.

You obviously don’t rate him at all. If you could watch that game today and decide Duggan is your first man to be dropped because of errors he might have committed in previous games, it’s clearly a personal vendetta.

Honestly, I reckon anyone could name 12 players who’d be more deserving of the chop without even pausing to think.

Mate this thread is about changes V Richmond. I don’t have Duggan in my side. It’s my opinion based on his output for 4-5 years.
You disagree and thats ok.

Everyone mentioning Cameron... kid’s injured and in recovery. Let’s not ruin it now. Give him enough time. His time will come and he’ll deliver for us in spades (if hopefully Brisbane don’t steal him).

IN: WATERMAN, GOV
Leave Darling in, we need him for Richmond. But honestly where tf has he been?!

I don’t know what it is about posters named after predatory animals and getting an irrational dislike of particular players.

I don’t know what it is about posters who keep rating players And thinking they will get better when their football has not improved since their first year or two.

Doubt Camo will be considered.... no scratch match this weekend and was only limited minutes last week. But if he is a chance drop Cripps.

Out: Darling, Schofield, Brander, Cole, Hickey

In: Allen, McGovern, XON, Watson, Williams

B: Duggan Barrass Sheppard
HB: Hurn McGovern Jetta
C: Gaff Yeo Sheed
HF: Jones Allen Ah Chee
F: Cripps Kennedy Ryan
R: Naitanui Kelly Shuey

INT: Williams, Redden, Watson, XON

I miss Rioli, Venners and Slyce:(

I keep coming back to losing mitchell - our midfield hasnt looked the same since

I dont know how many times we do the priddis special flourbag kick from the back of the contest.

he at least got the ball and kicked it - we have the guy receiving from whoever gets the hardball kicking pie floaters.

there was a 10 minute bit where we kicked 3 straight after ht where we started playing our kick and mark style..... the rest of the game was a rabble.

The obvious blokes missing in action (and have been all year) are Cripps, Redden, Hickey, Brander and Darling.

Schofield an obvious out for McGovern
Darling out for Allen
Hickey out for Williams
Cripps.... survives because there's no replacement
Same with Redden.
Waterman in for Brander

I don’t know what it is about posters who keep rating players And thinking they will get better when their football has not improved since their first year or two.
I have thought for ages that Duggan would improve eventually, but I'm pretty resigned that he's reached his ceiling now too.

And while he wasn't as bad today with his ball use, he can be pretty unaccountable defensively. Not a single tackle today, and floating about uselessly in space a couple of times. I don't think he had a great game. He was okay with ball in hand.

But unfortunately, the same can be said for nearly all of our defenders too. For our midfield, for our forwards. Our systems are shot and our defensive checking is broken. I don't think changing up the personnel can fix this.

I didn't see today's game (thank ****) but how hard was the Redden tag? Was it for the entire game?

Kind of hard to judge him harshly if that was his role.

I was listening to the game on the radio however and it sounded like Schofield had a mare. So i imagine he will be a straight swap for Gov.

Good to hear Ah Chee and Jones having a crack, hopefully we can make some sort of forwardline. The mid to HFF link is missing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview **UPDATE** Changes vs. Sydney - Saturday 11.45am WST

Remove this Banner Ad

Back