News Update: Charles Cameron traded to Brisbane for Pick 12

Remove this Banner Ad

To be honest that tells me he wrote it himself and not a PR person.

Some of the "thankyou" tweets and messages from players from other clubs have read like nothing but PR drivel.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

my first thought reading it was 'ah yes Charlie, a footballer you are, a poet you are not'

which is fine, we can't all be wordsmiths..

To be honest that tells me he wrote it himself and not a PR person.

Some of the "thankyou" tweets and messages from players from other clubs have read like nothing but PR drivel.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Sure, but did you read the Gibbs insta, I felt bad for him leaving Carlton in the end, very raw and thankful.

First Gibbs is 29, we needed him now because of A his age and B our time is now.

Brisbane and GC aren’t going anywhere anytime soon. They most certainly could have afforded to wait a year. They aren’t challenging for finals and both those guys are still young (under 23 years old).

They could have very easily waited a year and it would have not affected them at all.

Why in the hell they chose to cough up picks is completely beyond me!!

I suspect the answer is that in their discussions with the player they give an assurance that if the player nominates them, they will get the trade done.

I think Charles and Brisbane will be fine.

He’s a good citizen joining a club focused on acquiring good citizens. They already have lots of young talent with more coming. They need the culture to help their young talent develop.

We hear about Eddie’s influence on our young players. Charles will believe he can play the same role for young Brisbane players.

I’m sure the money doesn’t hurt.

I think every participant here - Reid, Noble, Cameron - has made a rational decision in their interests.
I am not worried about Brisbane the club. I honestly think that they are on the right track and will get there is a couple of years.

I am worried about all the distractions away from the club. Charlie is a ripping young lad who can be easily misled. I genuinely hope that it does work out for him in the long run at Brisbane but I do have my concerns. Hopefully the leadership they have with Hodge and Fagan will get the best out of Charlie.

This is definitive proof that David Noble is incompetent at the trade table.

Odd that Reid was able to keep multiple deals simmering all at once. Didn't need to sell low on order to move on quickly to overpay. Yeh, we overpaid, but we'd be a first short next year if Noble was still doing our trade negotiations.

He is no soft forward pocket. As hard as they come and i havent seen him get given much easy ball. He will be fine.
He's inconsistent as they come too. That isn't going to change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you read the shit some have been writing in here? o_O Compared to Lever, Charles’ departure is all class as far as the Club goes.
Still a rat, rats don't get concessions even if there are less of a rat than a bigger rats. Rats can be comforted by their cheese.

I am going to miss Charlie!

We will miss his electric pace, the insanely good tackling, his dashed off the wing where he burns off SPP, disposed of the ball then turns around and asks him where were you? :D

I will miss his X factor (something we really lack).

I think the reaction from our current players, including our captain should tell you all you need to know about Charlie the human being. He is a ripping lad. A genuinely good guy who can be easily misled. He gave in to the external pressures of those around him. I wish him all the best and would certainly be open to having him back on my team down the track if things don't work out for him in Brisbane.

See you later Jets! Do good in Brisbane!

It's a blooding role so Gallucci will get the first shot. Up to the other rookies to force him out.

Richmond (and particularly guys like Castagna and Butler) have shown that as long as a player is prepared to apply manic pressure and is capable of sneaking a goal every so often that's all that is required from that position. Someone like Gallucci should absolutely back himself to perform this role. We also have Knight who is very capable in this position if not playing further up the ground.

Richmond (and particularly guys like Castagna and Butler) have shown that as long as a player is prepared to apply manic pressure and is capable of sneaking a goal every so often that's all that is required from that position. Someone like Gallucci should absolutely back himself to perform this role. We also have Knight who is very capable in this position if not playing further up the ground.

Gallucci has got good pace and is aggressive as **** as well, so i'd back him to do well.

Knight would be another solid option, though I like him as a link player.

Article that I hadn't seen on Charlie ...

Charlie Cameron wanted Brisbane move to be closer to his community
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/ch...y/news-story/f9c9e3e5f3188b30aff8504400efadc0

CHARLIE Cameron is one of a kind.

The 23-year-old is the only person from the Gulf of Carpentaria to ever make it onto an AFL list – Sudan and the US have produced more players.

Cameron comes from a small settlement of 200 people on Mornington Island, the northernmost of the 22 Wellesley Islands inside the Gulf.

Lions officials were stunned during their interview process when he asked about what assistance they could provide him in finding community work in the Gulf and also if there was a role for him within their academy.​

I Stumbled upon a Facebook post re: Charlie Cameron.
There were quite a few replies to negative posts regarding Charlie leaving from people claiming to be his cousins etc. these are his Brisbane family members we were wondering about. They also suggested his Parents May be moving to Brisbane soon. Apparently Charlie also wants to be able to be an ambassador for his birth place which is in the Mornington Islands group in the gulf.
Although 1000’s of kilometres from Brisbane it’s probably similar to the AFC’s connections to the APY lands.

I have noticed a large presence in Cairns from the GC Suns even though it’s 1800k’s distance but I guess if your from the Torres Straight and across to the Cape. Brisbane and the Gold Coast are the closest clubs.
We got pick #12. From a guy from the rookie list. It’s a pretty good buy low, sell high scenario..

Article that I hadn't seen on Charlie ...

Charlie Cameron wanted Brisbane move to be closer to his community
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/ch...y/news-story/f9c9e3e5f3188b30aff8504400efadc0

Lions officials were stunned during their interview process when he asked about what assistance they could provide him in finding community work in the Gulf and also if there was a role for him within their academy.​

What ****ing interview process!

He was contracted!

What ******* interview process!

He was contracted!

Don't worry Sanders. If the AFL was run by people with leadership and integrity this would be investigated. Lucky that isn't the case and those useless f##ks can sit around drinking Grange and slapping themselves on the back for an outsanding job.

Close your eyes, nothing to see here.......its the AFL way.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Update: Charles Cameron traded to Brisbane for Pick 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Back