News Update: Charles Cameron traded to Brisbane for Pick 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Thank you for releasing Charlie from his contract to play with the Lions. Another exciting QLD kid to watch each week in the Lions jumper. Enjoy port’s pick 12.
You will love him and hate him in equal measure. He has X-factor and is a huge excitement machine...

Then he gets to the end of his run and you just have to close your eyes and hope for the best. So very often the excitement turns to heartbreak within a matter of seconds.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

I am Halfway to my Dream Draft selection.

Crows Using Ports Pick 12 to get Forgety.

Not only that, but you are also prepared if he gets delisted within 3-4 seasons :(

Yeah ... I was making a reference to his AFL origin. He was born in QLD (Mt Isa not Mornington Island) and only started playing footy in WA. We got him from Swan Districts right? Just a small jibe at the constant changing "home" for AFL footballers :)
All I know is I've heard him several times in interviews mention he classes himself as a Mornington Islander as that's where he spent his childhood but it's irrelevant now anyhow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How good was his debut. Loved that moonwalk. Will be missed.

He has one hell of a highlight reel ... and that's what we lose. His kicking has gotten really bad, even set shots ... and his commitment to the Crows dropped off for a lot of the year.

Having said all that - he will be just as exciting if not more so in Brisbane.

Crows should be pissed about it. Noble was basically sizing him up for Brisbane while still on the Crows payroll.
Pick 12 for CC and not officially complaining to the AFL

All I know is I've heard him several times in interviews mention he classes himself as a Mornington Islander as that's where he spent his childhood but it's irrelevant now anyhow.
Reminds me of when people claim various celebrities as Aussie based on where they 'grew up' (Russell Crowe, Sam Neill, Mel Gibson, Nicole Kidman and The Bee Gees spring to mind)

I think that it had to have been before or during the Finals with Pykey going public with his consternation at the time, it was so unlike the cool, collected Pyke we have known, it obviously really ruffled his feathers.

by then they have long made their contract offer to him.
CC was tapped up mid-season with a big contract, no way there is an interview at the end of the line to check they made the right call 6 months ago.

Yeah, I know, you're right, you've got me. :p
Maybe one day a deal will be done in the AFL that actually conforms to the rules.

I surrender.jpg

Yeah, I know, you're right, you've got me. :p
Maybe one day a deal will be done in the AFL that actually conforms to the rules.

View attachment 431173

There's nothing in the rules about negotiating during the year and coming to an in principle agreement though. Thought it was that you just can't sign a contract outside of the approved window.

Yeah ... I was making a reference to his AFL origin. He was born in QLD (Mt Isa not Mornington Island) and only started playing footy in WA. We got him from Swan Districts right? Just a small jibe at the constant changing "home" for AFL footballers :)

If we're getting technical he actually played some AFL at Marist Brothers Ashgrove in Brisbane while boarding there, but hey who's nitpicking ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

News Update: Charles Cameron traded to Brisbane for Pick 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Back