News UPDATE: SANFL rescind approval for AFC using state style jumper

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you guys need this as ammunition to win a game, you're in trouble. Four points should be ammunition enough.

I honestly don't think many of the players will really care. Particularly your non SA players.

Not saying we need it as ammunition, but it definitely shifts the burden of winning the game back onto your shoulders. Unless you want to be associated with the team that sullied the state jumper by losing to a club side?

At the end of the day its only a guernsey i guess, no skin off my nose however all its really done is galvanize the PAFC and divided the rest of the state (including crows supporters) as to whether they should be allowed to wear the state guernsey.

I didn't say that, just don't pretend it's got anything to do with history or heritage. It's purely a money making venture.

If we're going to go down this path we may as well stop watching football altogether. Afterall it's nothing more than a money making venture. :rolleyes:

Some seriously weak arguments coming our way today. o_O

Also, it is funny that the "Do what is best for us and screw everybody else", is only good when Port do it :p

Nick85, I wish i could 'like' this post over and over. Dead right. Port have thumbed their nose at everyone and everything from their very beginning. Ever since they were formed in the 1990's.

WTF do Port have to do with it anyway? i suppose they might've had a right to get all precious if crows wanted to wear the black and white prison bars, but other than that, GTFO.

It's a beautiful thing.

Not saying we need it as ammunition, but it definitely shifts the burden of winning the game back onto your shoulders. Unless you want to be associated with the team that sullied the state jumper by losing to a club side?
Gold Coast, GWS, 119 :thumbsu: No wonder you change your jumper so often because of it being sullied.

Meh, I will be more pissed off at losing the four points. Just like any loss against any other team.

Agree with all of this except the bold. Unless you're referring to the AFC as the little brother? Because I fail to see why the Crows would want to wear a state guernsey in an away game, that only say 10k Crows supporters can attend, and claim it to be a 'celebration of South Australian football'? Why wouldn't you wait until your first home game? Or even your home Showdown?

The simple fact is, you brought out this jumper as a 'payback' for us hosting the first Showdown. You can see by the responses on this thread that everyone is congratulating the Crows on 'one upping' Port. By the way, McDermott is a ******* idiot if he thinks that your team wearing a jumper is going to 'overshadow' the first game. Once it starts, Adelaide could be wearing nothing and it wouldn't even register a blip on the radar.

But as Slippery Pete said, all it's done is given Port extra ammunition to beat the living suitcases out of your team. Every South Australian on our list - Monfries, Polec, Ebert, Wingard, Hartlett, Cornes - will be fired up to put the Crows back in their place, and by extension, their teammates will be on board to see it happen. With one fell swoop, you've turned from being the hunter (the team who doesn't have the expectation of a home crowd wanting a Showdown win against the 'enemy') to the hunted (the team who every player at PAFC will be gunning for because hey, you're meant to be representing SA football...you must be better then them...right?)

Great job, Smart. Another one of your Showdown masterstrokes. You were so famous for those, remember?

More ammunition? ****ING BRING IT ON. We're not some bum country side. We've got some mighty talented players who are going to want to smash you ferals just as much as you do us. Game has some extra spice!

Love this decision. Its bold and its rustling jimmies. The tears are oh so delicious!

Yeah, no one cares if the power players get really really upset by it. We'll win the game.

And won't that be embarrassing for you? After all the chest beating, and threats you'll get the privilege of watching us celebrate in the State Guernsey in your first home game at the new Adelaide Oval.

Obviously we have a different stance on what embarrassing is. I don't care if we lose this particular game (though I care about 4 points) as long as we don't give up and put in a good showing. Clubs lose games all the time - you lost the first Showdown ever, and went onto win the premiership that year. You have a cry about that?

At the end of the day its only a guernsey i guess, no skin off my nose however all its really done is galvanize the PAFC and divided the rest of the state (including crows supporters) as to whether they should be allowed to wear the state guernsey.

I certainly couldn't care if it divides the state, and if this is what its taken for Port to "galvanize" you're in a bit of strife this year

Loving the rustled jimmies

The Eagles did that... except worse. We wore our state jumper in 2007 and lost to a club side from Queensland.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ppy74.jpg

If I'm serious, and whilst I understand the marketing reasons etc for doing it, I'm proud of our home Jumper, and the history that we have in that Guernsey. Two AFL Premierships were won in it.

We don't need to grasp for a history. We have one.
But it isn't grasping for History, is reflecting heritage

We've changed our jumper because we've been denied the right to wear the prison bars strip on a permanent basis.
Well you did knowingly join a comp that had a team in black and white stripes known as the magpies.

It wasn't like they changed it after you joined. Complaing about it now is cliche Port Power.

Obviously we have a different stance on what embarrassing is. I don't care if we lose this particular game (though I care about 4 points) as long as we don't give up and put in a good showing. Clubs lose games all the time - you lost the first Showdown ever, and went onto win the premiership that year. You have a cry about that?

Occasionally, but then I throw on the 'Dream Showdown' dvd and cheer up.

It will be embarrassing for you. I mean, 101 Port fans are running around making statements about how their boys will certainly rise to the occasion now, and smash us. Heck, they'll be so fired up! It'll be for Fos and for Ebert and for the sanctity of all that's Port Adelaide. Imagine the pressure on the players. All that resting on their shoulders.... what if they were to lose?

Oh dear.

Occasionally, but then I throw on the 'Dream Showdown' dvd and cheer up.

It will be embarrassing for you. I mean, 101 Port fans are running around making statements about how their boys will certainly rise to the occasion now, and smash us. Heck, they'll be so fired up! It'll be for Fos and for Ebert and for the sanctity of all that's Port Adelaide. Imagine the pressure on the players. All that resting on their shoulders.... what if they were to lose?

Oh dear.

Will they read the "Creed" before the match?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back