Autopsy v Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

It stuck out like dogs nuts how better connected they are.

They effectively turn defence into attack. And the back to mid then mid to attack connection significantly better and more well drilled.

Our pattern of long down the line to a contest so easily countered.

We’re not what we want to be and that showed. Pretty straightforward win for the dogs in the end.

They knew they could beat us and we knew they could beat us and it is how it played out.

We get next week to show whether it’s no Wardlaw no North. Right now him not being there was a significant difference in belief.
As much the Wardlaw meme is fun, we've been smoked for patches of games with him there too in the previous 3 games so there is definitely an issue controlling tempo for the bulk of each quarter.

At the ground Tucker did a couple of good things, but he was not particularly impressive at all. He predictably bombed long down the line all day and was permitted plenty of space by the opposition. Does not have the ability to hurt the oppositon.

Issue aplenty, dogs looked a hell of a lot better. But we battled, kept them well under 100 and 'only' lost by 3 goals.

Not devasted or particularly upset, but getting frustrated at the lack of wins after such a change in form since the bye.
Frustrating in that the losses always seem to be the same reason, and the same people.

As much the Wardlaw meme is fun, we've been smoked for patches of games with him there too in the previous 3 games so there is definitely an issue controlling tempo for the bulk of each quarter.
He may not raise the floor but he absolutely raises the ceiling.

We seem more dynamic with him in.

For a decade Footscray have seemingly done the same $h:t every time we play: at stoppage one Scragger wins the ball, his 4 mates are all spread 5m away and they ping-ping-ping ricochet rabbit the ball around between them, then run past flat-footed opponents for the receive -- we always look outnumbered by 2 or 3 against them.

Same again today. That was the most disappointing aspect.

George would have made a big difference by smearing some of those runners, but when was the last time we went down by 30+ against the Dogs and didn't end up getting smashed?

Only an upward trend from here.

Wonder what role TP was given.

Wish TP and Sheez had an extra yard of pace. Hope they understand it's somewhat trainable, if I've read knowledgeable posters here correctly.

You can maximise your pace but neither will have great speed. Powell to me looks like he won’t get a strong physical body until 24-25. Sheez already has a strong body so expect his improvements to be seen quicker

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'll repeat from the gameday thread- think Corr is copping it a bit rough.

Provided a lot of grit and it's not entirely on him that standard defensive AFL contact is greeted by umpires swooning before granting dogs players their customary F50 free.

Westerns must've thought it was 2016 all over again.

Another nod to David King who won't have to top up on dental floss tonight, he can just use Cody Weightman's pubes.

It stuck out like dogs nuts how better connected they are.

They effectively turn defence into attack. And the back to mid then mid to attack connection significantly better and more well drilled.

Our pattern of long down the line to a contest so easily countered.

We’re not what we want to be and that showed. Pretty straightforward win for the dogs in the end.

They knew they could beat us and we knew they could beat us and it is how it played out.

We get next week to show whether it’s no Wardlaw no North. Right now him not being there was a significant difference in belief.
Disappointing last few minutes by Ford, which underlined his fragility. If he had shown the same confidence as Curtis, he could have nailed both his opportunities. That have brought us back to within 9 points of a faltering Dogs - with a few minutes to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Missed George

LDU needs more help besides George

Sometimes I’m not sure our midfield is as strong as people think.

I would still take a gun Mid with our first pick.

McDonald, Tucker, Pink and Stephens can go away

Bring in McKercher, Hardeman, Sellers or Finbar and Logue back asap

Positive was we got flogged around the ground with heaps of good players playing like shite and it was 17 points.

First quarter kicking down the line constantly gave me nightmares

For a master coach who preached consistency and staying the course or whatever, seems like there's been more than the odd tweak to the way we play. Just sayin.

We thought Cam doesn't care and he might leave, and yet, here he is once again - one of our top 3 forwards.

Xerri - one year ago, none of us envisioned this incredible transformation. I can't believe I'm saying this, but he's actually verging on inspirational.

Chom - wasn't injured and continues to impress.

Tucker I thought as recently as yesterday was destined for the VFL. But his workrate today was almost Wardlaw-esque. The skills deficit you can get away with when you run out four quarters with that kind of intensity is surprising.

Ford has done enough to deserve three more years.

Shiels doesn't look like someone I'd want to retire.

Sheezel is a bona fide genius.

Today the better team won, notwithstanding the pathological flopping about. But bring in Hardeman and McKercher and Wardlaw and Logue, then suddenly it is very easy to imagine the curse against our bogeyman will be decisively broken as soon as later this year.

IMO, it's hard to be disappointed.

North's biggest issue is, we need time....

Let's look at midfields for Nth and Dogs, in 2 years time.

In 2 years, Libba, Trelour, are finished. Bont is in his 30's with retirement approaching.

You put 2 years into the Nth midfield and LDU Wardlaw Sheezal Powell Phillips Mckercher are better. And Jy is still a contributor. And that's not even including Zane...

So I think we are on the way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy v Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back