VAFA General Discussion 2022-2023-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

More and more clubs will pack up. Especially with clubs dropping off in other leagues they’ll target clubs to replace them
rupertswood, bentleigh and Werribee districts have also been successful since leaving VAFA

Concede all have been solid citizens in their new comps. Both Rupo and Werribee were doing OK in VAFA. Travel would have been a real issue for these teams.

I think more will leave over the next few years Max - especially district clubs.

Last edited:

I don’t really think it’s the fact of cheaper..I think their are many things that annoy people about the VAFA.

- Umpires (lack of)
-Alcohol restrictions
-Limited local rivalry especially in lower divisions compared to playing teams close to you.
-VAFA Support and Fees for what you pay is poor

The VAFA has more umpires than any other league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The SFNL has all umpires covered in all divisions, plus under 19's. This s..ts on the VAFA allocations. More umpires will be leaving and crossing to SFNL in the future.

I heard rumours thaty VAFA dropped 80 umpires over the 2019 season. SFNL picked up 15 or so, not sure on others like EFL etc.
Thats a massive amount of umpires for the VAFA to cover.

Why is so many umpires leaving the VAFA?

Personally, Ive enjoyed some SFL footy this year, have a beer or two, tough entertaining football and very good crowds (much bigger than Premier Vafa)

I heard rumours thaty VAFA dropped 80 umpires over the 2019 season. SFNL picked up 15 or so, not sure on others like EFL etc.
Thats a massive amount of umpires for the VAFA to cover.

Why is so many umpires leaving the VAFA?

Personally, Ive enjoyed some SFL footy this year, have a beer or two, tough entertaining football and very good crowds (much bigger than Premier Vafa)
You must have gone to games different to me. Crowds were nowhere near our top Premier games and the football was about D2 standard.

You must have gone to games different to me. Crowds were nowhere near our top Premier games and the football was about D2 standard.

were you able to enjoy a beer in plain sight or did you need to hide away under a tree?

were you able to enjoy a beer in plain sight or did you need to hide away under a tree?
You seem to be a bit miffed at being shown up there, hoccy, old fella.

Spent half of two games talking to an official of the SFNL then enjoying some greasy food with a mate while watching his son get a kick.

Frankly, I don't feel the need to drink piss at the footy and don't really understand what the attraction is in standing in the cold on a wintery day with a can. Each to his own I guess.

Suggest you stick with the piss drinkers in the second rate league and let us more civilised supporters stick to a league with a better standard of football in a better organised competition.

Now toddle off to the Southern board.

Spent half of two games talking to an official of the SFNL then enjoying some greasy food with a mate while watching his son get a kick.

Frankly, I don't feel the need to drink piss at the footy and don't really understand what the attraction is in standing in the cold on a wintery day with a can. Each to his own I guess.

Suggest you stick with the piss drinkers in the second rate league and let us more civilised supporters stick to a league with a better standard of football in a better organised competition.

Obviously you need to get out of the shell you are in. Just because supporters want to have a can at the footy doesn't make it any worse that half the piss heads at VAFA who sit in their cars and get on the fizz. Allot of cans of coke with some nice mixers will keep you warm while sitting in the car.

Civilized supporters?? HAHA. I've heard much worse at VAFA games than i have at SFNL games and thats without the grog.
Only a handful of Premier clubs actually want the alcohol ban therefore it will remain but whilst the old dinosaurs remain, nothing will change.

From what I know from Old Paradians, it’s not a matter of if, but when. May not be in the next couple of years but they will eventually move to the Northern league unless something changes drastically. There’s a lot of ex-Parade blokes running around for cash in the NFNL
Care to elaborate on this a bit further ?

Obviously you need to get out of the shell you are in. Just because supporters want to have a can at the footy doesn't make it any worse that half the piss heads at VAFA who sit in their cars and get on the fizz. Allot of cans of coke with some nice mixers will keep you warm while sitting in the car.

tenor.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

VAFA General Discussion 2022-2023-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back