VAFA General Discussion 2022-2023-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

If people want to play at old xavs or skob etc. then so be it. Imagine forcing someone to play local footy on a weekend for a club they don't want to with people they don't know.

Bizarre. It is what it is. The school communities are large and their nature wants you to hang around and meet friends for life.

Sorry mate, you can't play for you alumni because it isn't great for [insert] club that can't field a side.
I agree you should never FORCE anyone - 100%. But the suggestion is that IF there were less teams those players do find their way to other clubs with other school mates. My years of playing (many years ago) have 6-7 guys from Ivanhoe Grammar , but they ended up with us for various reasons - but we're not forced.

Again I don't suggest it must happen, just advising that an outcome of clubs having unlimited teams is that others are impacted where as previously it was different. What the VAFA want to do about it will be an interesting watch.

Chump 🏆

I agree you should never FORCE anyone - 100%. But the suggestion is that IF there were less teams those players do find their way to other clubs with other school mates. My years of playing (many years ago) have 6-7 guys from Ivanhoe Grammar , but they ended up with us for various reasons - but we're not forced.

Again I don't suggest it must happen, just advising that an outcome of clubs having unlimited teams is that others are impacted where as previously it was different. What the VAFA want to do about it will be an interesting watch.

Chump 🏆
Bloody Tucker and Kennedy. You stole them, paid massive incentives😂😂😂. Free hot dogs I hear.

I went to Ivanhoe Grammar years 11-12 and played first 18 footy on Friday afternoons , then played with mates on Saturday at Ivanhoe under Steve O'Connell in the U19's.
The school did know , and I don't think they particularly cared back then.
On the other hand , I went to Camberwell GS years 7-10 and it was a big no no to play club footy or cricket . Just depends on the school .
Ivanhoe way more relaxed

So no reports last week
From what I saw, on Sunday,there should have been one, but Im glad there wasnt. No one was hurt, and there were no remonstrations.

On Sauturday, there also could have been one, in the AFL with the AFL cameras, there may be a please explain, but again i'm glad nothing came from it.

Max "Breathing a little easier" Leader

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what I saw, on Sunday,there should have been one, but Im glad there wasnt. No one was hurt, and there were no remonstrations.

On Sauturday, there also could have been one, in the AFL with the AFL cameras, there may be a please explain, but again i'm glad nothing came from it.

Max "Breathing a little easier" Leader
Which game Max?

So I am assuming

1 down 2 up between C-D1
2 up no relegation D1-D2
2 up no relegation D2-D3

A 10
B 10
C 10
D1 10
D2 9
D3 12
D4 no longer
I think Old Mentone will slot into D1 so 2 up/1 down between D1 and D2

So I am assuming

1 down 2 up between C-D1
2 up no relegation D1-D2
2 up no relegation D2-D3

A 10
B 10
C 10
D1 10
D2 9
D3 12
D4 no longer
Its about time the VAFA change the 2 up rule. So many players don't like the idea of going up as RU's. Promotion should only be for the premiers. How many other comps do this rubbish ????

I'd push Canterbury up to D2 from D3 and have Old Mentonians re-join at D3.

Gives you 10 and 12 in D2 and D3
I reckon it would be better if they went for 4 x 8 team divisions.

Only promote the premier for the 2024 season.

Have a 14 round season with a top 4.

An extended 3 week block after the first 7 rounds. So players and administrators can get away.

Once you get to C Grade make it a 10 team competition and 18 rounds.

Remove this Banner Ad

VAFA General Discussion 2022-2023-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back