VAFA General Discussion 2022-2023-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Indeed they will be 👍👍. We’ll also be playing all the usual hits at the canteen and inside at the bar.

I was so keyed up for my games last Saturday I clean forgot to get one. Will have a celebratory one after the dewkickers.

I still find it mind boggling that it has taken two weeks to get a hearing to take place, which is two days before a grand final, and now on a Friday night, the appeal board will sit for most likely another couple of hours, which just happens to be less than 24 hours before the grand final. Utterly bizarre.
According to the rumour file, confirmed 2 weeks suspension after the appeal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well what charge did Saint Raiti get off on and what charge was upheld?
Was it the elbow to the face or the punch to the midriff?
There was no strike to the face so he got off.
He was found guilty of an open hand strike to the chest.
Post your vision and show the lead up. I'll bet you won't as it won't fit your narrative.
Pathetic club who has abused the process....and got away with it.

Will three teams from Division 2 go up to Division 1 next season ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Drop 1 from C to D1 (Ormond)
2 up from D1 (GI and Oakleigh)
1 down from D1 (Preston)
2 up from D2 (Parkside & OYC)
1 down from D2 (Aquinas)
3 up from D3 (Wicks, Hawks and Canterbury)
remainder of 3 and 4 combine.

That should accomodate the departures of Ivanhoe and OP's and remove the requirement for a bye.

Hopefully I have my maths correct.

Drop 1 from C to D1 (Ormond)
2 up from D1 (GI and Oakleigh)
1 down from D1 (Preston)
2 up from D2 (Parkside & OYC)
1 down from D2 (Aquinas)
3 up from D3 (Wicks, Hawks and Canterbury)
remainder of 3 and 4 combine.

That should accomodate the departures of Ivanhoe and OP's and remove the requirement for a bye.

Hopefully I have my maths correct.
Are you including Old Mentone in D1?

Think it's more likely to be 2 up/0 down from D2-D3

Are you including Old Mentone in D1?

Think it's more likely to be 2 up/0 down from D2-D3

Nope, Unfortunately OM go straight into the combined Div 3/4. Too many unknowns about what the make-up of the club may look like in 2024.

Unless an agreement was struck with the VAFA prior to them going into recess, then all of the above will need to be re-addressed.

Nope, Unfortunately OM go straight into the combined Div 3/4. Too many unknowns about what the make-up of the club may look like in 2024.

Unless an agreement was struck with the VAFA prior to them going into recess, then all of the above will need to be re-addressed.
Then it doesn't work.

2 up/1 down C/D1 makes it 10 in C, 8 in D1
2 up/1 down D1/D2 makes 9 in D1, 8 in D2
3 up/1 down D2/D3 makes 10 in D2, 13 in D3

If OM go into D1 it fixes that.

ORMOND
PRAHRAN
UHS
THERRY
WEST BRUNSWICK
KEW
PENINSULA
PARKSIDE
OYC
?
Slot Old Mentone in there for me. Makes 10.

Preston down to D2.
Wicks, Hawthorn into D2, none down from D2. I don't think that Canterbury will want to come up anyway, they'll be very heavy favourites in D3 next year.
Merge D3/D4 into a 12 team division

D1: Ormond, PA, UHS, TP, WB, Kew, OP, OM, Parkside, OYC
D2: Preston, Brunswick, SMD, Whitefriars, MHSOB, BT, SMS, Aquinas, Elsternwick, Hawthorn
D3: Canterbury, WP, RC, PH, SU, LTU, NB, AP, SJ, BHN, EP, Masala

Slot Old Mentone in there for me. Makes 10.

Preston down to D2.
Wicks, Hawthorn into D2, none down from D2. I don't think that Canterbury will want to come up anyway, they'll be very heavy favourites in D3 next year.
Merge D3/D4 into a 12 team division

D1: Ormond, PA, UHS, TP, WB, Kew, OP, OM, Parkside, OYC
D2: Preston, Brunswick, SMD, Whitefriars, MHSOB, BT, SMS, Aquinas, Elsternwick, Hawthorn
D3: Canterbury, WP, RC, PH, SU, LTU, NB, AP, SJ, BHN, EP, Masala
Surely it's Brunswick , would Mentone be able to build a team that quick

I reckon D2 at the highest for MP.

The last thing you would want to see is a 0-18 season next year upon their return in D1 after being placed there based on potential. It could actually do them a lot of harm if this happened.

People saying they are coming back next year now is not the same as having 70 players training, registered and confirmed starters at the start of the new year. If they had most of their players from 2021/2022 committed and registered and could show cause to HQ that they are on board, then maybe at that stage D1 is a more plausible option.

D3 is probably too low for them, so D2 - being in between those two levels - may be a better option if they are definite starters unless the above scenario occurs.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

VAFA General Discussion 2022-2023-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back