VAFA General Discussion 2022-2023-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

They have treated the co tenants like crap for many years with no respect and and some of the things in the story are complete rubbish. That's my problem . Everything you say about PV are correct , they make local councils look good .

again, what in the story is rubbish?
you seem to be very light on detail.
Can’t see how investing $65k into the social rooms and storage rooms and providing a new bar, fridges, carpets, paint jobs inside and out and new storage facilities for ALL clubs to use is treating the co-tenants like crap?
all while the cricket club have said they don’t have any money to do any work to the facility, and the soccer club said they don’t have money and won’t be spending any money on the facility either.
Even if they don’t have the money, still at least come to help with a working bee etc. that’s what community clubs do. Yet, not one person over the years has come from either club and again the Falcons do the work.
Why would the falcons continue to foot the bill and do the work for all clubs when there isn’t an equal contribution, not even any contribution from the soccer club? spending money on bandaid solutions and being the only one doing it is not a long term solution for any club.
Noting over the last 5 years alone the Falcons were sick of getting hit with overdue notices on leases and power bills, so the falcons helped both clubs by paying the bills throughout the year and each the soccer club were given months to pay between $1500-$2500 back to the falcons.
again, not sure where the disrespect is for the co-tenants?
the clubs on more than a few occasions where left in a disgusting state after their use, meaning volunteers are forced to clean up chewing gum out of new carpet, beer bottles left out, bins not emptied etc etc. we’ve had the club left open after the co-tenant used the space and things be stolen - they don’t care, as none of it is their stuff.
again, where is the disrespect from the falcons towards the co-tenant?
the disrespect comes from the other side and from PV to think that the Falcons would just keep accepting this is as the norm.
keen on the detail when you get a chance.

Perhaps you could enlighten the Pidge by giving several examples from over the years of "how they treated them like crap." He clearly is close to Albert Park and it would help broaden our collective understandings.

??
The Rested Eye
Good to have you back , now for Brian or the Hip.
I'll just say i was about the first one to walk into those facilities and had a fair bit to do with the set up. Whoever it is whatever the club PV and the Grand Prix treat sporting clubs there like complete shit . That turd Ron Walker thought the park was his own personal play thing 12 months of the year , he was a disgusting human. Bullied a lot of people there.

Good to have you back , now for Brian or the Hip.
I'll just say i was about the first one to walk into those facilities and had a fair bit to do with the set up. Whoever it is whatever the club PV and the Grand Prix treat sporting clubs there like complete sh*t . That turd Ron Walker thought the park was his own personal play thing 12 months of the year , he was a disgusting human. Bullied a lot of people there.

Still waiting for you to outline just a couple of examples, to counter the Pidge's copious examples, of disrespect that Albert Park SHOWED CO-TENANTS? If you can't that's ok and just stand down on this issue. You have previously attested first hand knowledge. Hopefully not from 20 years ago but more current and relevant to the Pidge's up to date and the efforts of their current committee.

Pidge is Flying High like the EYE
;)

Still waiting for you to outline just a couple of examples, to counter the Pidge's copious examples, of disrespect that Albert Park SHOWED CO-TENANTS? If you can't that's ok and just stand down on this issue. You have previously attested first hand knowledge. Hopefully not from 20 years ago but more current and relevant to the Pidge's up to date and the efforts of their current committee.

Pidge is Flying High like the EYE
;)
One cannot possibly be expected to know everything about every VAFA club over the last 20 years can they?

Hello All

Im aspiring senior coach after being senior assistant for 6 years . Im looking at the North brunswick anyone share info on them .. I have been facebook spying a bit anyone else can provide some info that be great

Good club with great people that has fixed it's reputation over the last few years.... I lived local and watched them with my kids when I could. Premiers in D4 2 or 3 years ago......... From what I saw last season tried hard but lost personnel, bringing players would be a bonus for you

One cannot possibly be expected to know everything about every VAFA club over the last 20 years can they?

Absolutely not. Just asking for a current example of what the esteemed Bodders claims to have first hand information of. Either he will back up his initial quite derogatory claims or fail to deliver. The ball is in his cot.

THE WAITING EYE

Good club with great people that has fixed it's reputation over the last few years.... I lived local and watched them with my kids when I could. Premiers in D4 2 or 3 years ago......... From what I saw last season tried hard but lost personnel, bringing players would be a bonus for you

Gia
thanks mate i'm keen on the role. We will see what happens i guess they be in div 4 next season hopefully see what happens

At least your always civil. My issue is about incorrect comments in the news story . there is one thing common to all clubs and that's Parks Vic. They are treated unfairly like the rest , but don't have a crack at another tenant in the media .

I genuinely hope they erect a statue of a hairpiece at HQ to commemorate the unmatched VAFA career that belongs to every one’s favourite BrianSpeaking - Mr Brian “Benny” Goodman.

Just announced after 55 years’ service to the VAFA that he is finally hanging up the rug.

Best wishes to the great man in his retirement.

No-one has been bigger in the Ammos than Benny. And I truly mean that. Loved chatting to the man whenever our paths crossed (although he did spring a few surprises at matches e.g. standing behind trees at Fitzroy!)

Would not be surprised if the VAFAUA does something for him at the very least.

That’s right. Well they were going to remain in D3 this year with teams being promoted from below but none being relegated below.

No Problem but that make sense that would happen if thats case .. Sorry gents dont know lot about the vafa much slowly trying to find info out and hopefully land the job with the Bulls 2021

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has there been any chatter from VAFA clubs about when pre-season for 2021 may begin?

I know I might be jumping the gun a bit but I am interested to see if there's been any discussion? Presumable no training would be allowed until November 26th which is the "final step".. So would clubs to have a few preseason sessions in December then essentially full steam ahead in late Jan?... All going well on the covid front of course.

Any word on what the cricket leagues are doing and whether or not it might delay the beginning on our footy season?

Has there been any chatter from VAFA clubs about when pre-season for 2021 may begin?

I know I might be jumping the gun a bit but I am interested to see if there's been any discussion? Presumable no training would be allowed until November 26th which is the "final step".. So would clubs to have a few preseason sessions in December then essentially full steam ahead in late Jan?... All going well on the covid front of course.

Any word on what the cricket leagues are doing and whether or not it might delay the beginning on our footy season?
Cricket will start on Nov 14 with strict protocols and all 1 day games. At this stage i wouldn't expect training before Xmas as Councils won't allow.

Cricket will start on Nov 14 with strict protocols and all 1 day games. At this stage i wouldn't expect training before Xmas as Councils won't allow.

Its interesting some leagues have announced a Nov 14 start date, nothing official I’ve seen from CV and the third step only allows groups of 10 outdoors.

Its interesting some leagues have announced a Nov 14 start date, nothing official I’ve seen from CV and the third step only allows groups of 10 outdoors.

And that start date is if everything goes to plan from here, someone who has dealt with councils before told me they could slow the process and he wouldn't be surprised if the start gets delayed to the first week of December.

Maybe some associations are saying the 14th now to create some positivity.

I'm not sure what the rush is as you could start 2 weeks after the 14th and still fit in a season full of one day cricket.

Sounds like the carparks could be the change rooms for the first few games.

And that start date is if everything goes to plan from here, someone who has dealt with councils before told me they could slow the process and he wouldn't be surprised if the start gets delayed to the first week of December.

I'm not sure what the rush is as you could start 2 weeks after the 14th and still fit in a season full of one day cricket.

14th just get us 14 Saturday’s before March. But it seems they’re confident of being allowed to play in the third step and that’s the easiest start date after Cup weekend.

Where I play we get changed in the car park anyway so no change!!!

Incorrect , only need dog walkers to dob cricketers in and it's over , big fines

CV has proposed training to start from October 26 and a resumption date for play November 14. CV aiming to finish the season by end of March to allow winter sports a fair look after cancellation of there season.

I suspect football training may resume late November or December in small groups 1 night a week with heavy restrictions around equipment and most likely no access to change rooms.

Considering how close we were to getting a season off the ground mid year, I'd imagine all leagues will take a very cautious approach to season 2021. My guess would be pre-season training sessions to begin in January.

Interesting to see cricket leagues believe they will start on 14 November, I hope they do but that seems like it would be a bit too soon. 11 players per team, plus umpires and presumably, the odd spectator.

Fingers crossed they get their season to go ahead.

Considering how close we were to getting a season off the ground mid year, I'd imagine all leagues will take a very cautious approach to season 2021. My guess would be pre-season training sessions to begin in January.

Interesting to see cricket leagues believe they will start on 14 November, I hope they do but that seems like it would be a bit too soon. 11 players per team, plus umpires and presumably, the odd spectator.

Fingers crossed they get their season to go ahead.

A fair bit can happen in two months.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

A fair bit can happen in two months.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

A fair bit can happen in 2 days let alone 2 months!

I have at least some faith that the government will get this movement out of lock down better than the first time. Contact tracing etc is better managed.
Hopefully it can continue and we return to some sort of normality.

I miss local footy!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

VAFA General Discussion 2022-2023-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back