VAFA General Discussion 2022-2023-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Vale John Bell.
Many will know John. Made a significant contribution to Bulleen Templestowe AFC in the 1980s when they reached A Section, Old Scotch FC and the VAFA. John has been unwell for some time.

Thanks Belly. Will raise a glass tonight mate
Been in hibernation but this is sad news.
A VAFA Board member who never held back.
A superb agitator for clubs. When in top form Belly held the VAFA administration and Board to account, without much club support on numerous issues.
Health had been ordinary for a number of years but the VAFA was ALWAYS close to his heart.

An elder Statesman with a booming voice that is missed already.

RIP John Bell

Been in hibernation but this is sad news.
A VAFA Board member who never held back.
A superb agitator for clubs. When in top form Belly held the VAFA administration and Board to account, without much club support on numerous issues.
Health had been ordinary for a number of years but the VAFA was ALWAYS close to his heart.

An elder Statesman with a booming voice that is missed already.

RIP John Bell

they seemed optimistic vafaeye that they will have a team going forward. Just smashed with injury and others away. Kept up informed all week in the lead up to the game that they may have issues. Pretty tough out there at the moment for a lot of clubs. I suspect there will be a few more walkovers between now and end of the season across many of the lower divisions.

they seemed optimistic vafaeye that they will have a team going forward. Just smashed with injury and others away. Kept up informed all week in the lead up to the game that they may have issues. Pretty tough out there at the moment for a lot of clubs. I suspect there will be a few more walkovers between now and end of the season across many of the lower divisions.
Yes received word late yesterday from inner circle that they have recruited 3-4 players and have players coming back so full steam ahead which is fantastic news for the Cobras

The tribunal is a joke , when challenging a report a player should not get an extra game , it maybe should be a fine .
And in the divisions when you have no filming it basically means that if the red card is shown, you're ****ed.

The tribunal is a joke , when challenging a report a player should not get an extra game , it maybe should be a fine .

Agree Bedders - maybe introduce a 'fee' required to challenge a report rather than an extra week if found guilty. This would mean:

• the cost for the panel to work the night and hear the charge is covered financially and clubs can determine IF they want to pay for that. As such the deterrent to just challenge every report is still there.
  • the penalty of the crime remains consistent and not bolstered for challenging it.

I have never been a huge fan of a reduced sentence for a guilty plea at local football level for tribunals. I think we can find a better solution if we think it through enough.

Chump.

Can somebody explain why there are no team lists in the VAFA record?????
Because there are very few bodies at HQ to ask clubsfor same and compile this, ditto at club land.

I must agree it is very confusing unless you're a nuffie like me and look at the sides online pre-game to know who is playing.

Correct , even with vision there are mind boggling decisions.
Last week we were asked to supply video footage of an opposition player headbutting one of our players. The footage couldn't have been clearer and it was also directly in front of the umpire who gave a red card at the time, then notified that the incident was of more serious nature than a category 1 offence.
End result - 2 weeks for striking (category 1 for headbutting is 4 weeks).
Mind boggling....

Last week we were asked to supply video footage of an opposition player headbutting one of our players. The footage couldn't have been clearer and it was also directly in front of the umpire who gave a red card at the time, then notified that the incident was of more serious nature than a category 1 offence.
End result - 2 weeks for striking (category 1 for headbutting is 4 weeks).
Mind boggling....
Was the case heard or did the VAFA just offer the penalty to save a hearing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got the footage Zacstars? Surely a bloke can’t get charged with striking for laying a head butt? Assume that’s an umpire stuff up for ticking the wrong box?
I do, but unfortunately not going to achieve much posting it here. The umpire may well have ticked the wrong box, but Matt Collister requested the footage, viewed it, and then still made the incorrect call. What do you do?

Vale John Bell.
Many will know John. Made a significant contribution to Bulleen Templestowe AFC in the 1980s when they reached A Section, Old Scotch FC and the VAFA. John has been unwell for some time.

Thanks Belly. Will raise a glass tonight mate

A truly wonderful man.

Under normal situations this weekend coming would've been a VAFA representative week, with no club games on. But unfortuanately due to COVID that's not going to happen for a while yet.

So let's say if the VAFA had 3 rep games on next week-a Senior (Premier-Premier C) game against South Australia in Melbourne; a Division 1-4 game against Tasmania in Hobart; and a Under 19 match against Northern Territory in Darwin.

So based on club form so far this season, who'd make it into the VAFA State squads for the games mentioned above?

Jon Anderson in the Sunday Murdoch rag saying Blues could have been over 45 points for a few games !
I’ve done a bit of digging into this due to the article being published and it looks like Will Carrington, the former Old Scotch vice captain is now playing at Uni Blues and due to Ayce’s injury playing in the ruck most weeks.

Now, as Carrington has played more senior games than reserves games in the last 3 years, he is deemed a 3 point player under the points system drawn up by AFL Victoria.

However, as Carrington has transferred to a club playing against his old club, he should receive an extra point deeming him a 4 point player.

Now, Carrington has featured in their best for some weeks, including in some close games where Uni Blues played with a total of 45 player points.

So if you ask me, I would consider this to be a gross breach of the rules and blues should not be awarded points for any wins during this period.

Blues are genuinely thumbing their noses at the competition rules by doing this and it is time someone at HQ decided to get serious about it.

I’ve done a bit of digging into this due to the article being published and it looks like Will Carrington, the former Old Scotch vice captain is now playing at Uni Blues and due to Ayce’s injury playing in the ruck most weeks.

Now, as Carrington has played more senior games than reserves games in the last 3 years, he is deemed a 3 point player under the points system drawn up by AFL Victoria.

However, as Carrington has transferred to a club playing against his old club, he should receive an extra point deeming him a 4 point player.

Now, Carrington has featured in their best for some weeks, including in some close games where Uni Blues played with a total of 45 player points.

So if you ask me, I would consider this to be a gross breach of the rules and blues should not be awarded points for any wins during this period.

Blues are genuinely thumbing their noses at the competition rules by doing this and it is time someone at HQ decided to get serious about it.
Can you pick six random non one point players and look into them too. You should be on the payroll at HQ.
It would be good if you could look posthumously at previous seasons.

Isn’t it the VAFA who allocates the points? If so, the Blues have done nothing wrong so play on.

Under normal situations this weekend coming would've been a VAFA representative week, with no club games on. But unfortuanately due to COVID that's not going to happen for a while yet.

So let's say if the VAFA had 3 rep games on next week-a Senior (Premier-Premier C) game against South Australia in Melbourne; a Division 1-4 game against Tasmania in Hobart; and a Under 19 match against Northern Territory in Darwin.

So based on club form so far this season, who'd make it into the VAFA State squads for the games mentioned above?
No one cares anymore

Remove this Banner Ad

VAFA General Discussion 2022-2023-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back