VAFA General Discussion 2022-2023-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I've heard $84,000.00.

Old story of members being told after the horse has bolted.

The executive and general board members have a lot to answer for. $70/80/90k [and is it over?] of club money on legal advice is irresponsible to say the least. Club dollars at stake here not precious egos. From here say it is just the power group at the top v a Board Member who does march to their own drum on occasions. So what they are just one of 10/11 board members.

It is hard to believe that the single Board Member can't be handled by the people clubs voted in to run the show. Whoever is on the upper echelon of the VAFA Board need to go because of this huge unwarranted expenditure of members funds.

Did the clubs at the meeting say that's it and no more spending?

Old story of members being told after the horse has bolted.

The executive and general board members have a lot to answer for. $70/80/90k [and is it over?] of club money on legal advice is irresponsible to say the least. Club dollars at stake here not precious egos. From here say it is just the power group at the top v a Board Member who does march to their own drum on occasions. So what they are just one of 10/11 board members.

It is hard to believe that the single Board Member can't be handled by the people clubs voted in to run the show. Whoever is on the upper echelon of the VAFA Board need to go because of this huge unwarranted expenditure of members funds.

Did the clubs at the meeting say that's it and no more spending?
Surely he just gets out voted on any decisions

I find it amusing that the first new coaching appointment for 2024 published on the VAFA site was a Premier section coach. There are plenty of new coaches in the other sections but you wouldn’t know this looking at the site. A lot of these appointments were made back in September.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the Premier GF will be on the public holiday Friday next season. An interesting experiment. Not sure it's going to get more crowds to the big one however. VAFA's crowd issues run deeper than just changing a date.
I'm with you on this one Penski. I'm not sure how the VAFA expect a bigger crowd when a fair few people will have packed up their cars for the long weekend on the Thursday night or Friday morning, however let's see how it goes in 2024 then reassess the situation.

All I know is that it will be a very long year for footballers.

I'm with you on this one Penski. I'm not sure how the VAFA expect a bigger crowd when a fair few people will have packed up their cars for the long weekend on the Thursday night or Friday morning, however let's see how it goes in 2024 then reassess the situation.

All I know is that it will be a very long year for footballers.
And volunteers

I find it amusing that the first new coaching appointment for 2024 published on the VAFA site was a Premier section coach. There are plenty of new coaches in the other sections but you wouldn’t know this looking at the site. A lot of these appointments were made back in September.
Without knowing the reason I suspect this is because the premier section club provided a proactive press release to the vafa and the others you allude to may not have?

I find it amusing that you find it amusing that the reigning premier in the best standard of football in Victoria below the VFL would be the first club publicised about the fact that the premiership coach has resigned.

So the Premier GF will be on the public holiday Friday next season. An interesting experiment. Not sure it's going to get more crowds to the big one however. VAFA's crowd issues run deeper than just changing a date.

So how many bye rounds does this equate too? Or are we starting later for no apparent reason.

Hopefully the shit show regarding ground availability for finals doesn't show its ugly head again in season 2024.

So how many bye rounds does this equate too? Or are we starting later for no apparent reason.

Hopefully the s**t show regarding ground availability for finals doesn't show its ugly head again in season 2024.
19's start on the 6th of April, everyone else on the 13th

Hopefully the s**t show regarding ground availability for finals doesn't show its ugly head again in season 2024.
I remember cricket was extremely pissed off about how late they got access to grounds last year, with a lot of ovals out of order after the big rainfalls and extra use. Maybe they want the grounds for longer this year

I remember cricket was extremely pissed off about how late they got access to grounds last year, with a lot of ovals out of order after the big rainfalls and extra use. Maybe they want the grounds for longer this year
Good because OH have left Princes Park in a disgraceful condition

I find it amusing that you find it amusing that the reigning premier in the best standard of football in Victoria below the VFL would be the first club publicised about the fact that the premiership coach has resigned.
It’s more reference to the fact that VAFA head office has a full time employee to look after media. You’d think that would be keeping an eye out for ALL clubs. Not just ones in Premier.

Remove this Banner Ad

VAFA General Discussion 2022-2023-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back