VAFA General Discussion 2022-2023-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Got ya. Best of luck to them. If this doesn't pay off their future would be in doubt. If it does however and they get u19s to stick around they could flourish
The VAFA needs to do something because clubs are leaving 1 after another.

The alcohol rule is beyond laughable and should be changed instantly to give clubs a chance to actually grow their support.

After watching Xavs 4th 3rds team, they would destroy most lower grades reserves.

They do take it way too serious. Didn’t put numbers on the team sheet. The finalised s score on the VAFA website also didn’t have numbers. Needs to be fined. Made it hard to steal who’s who.
Mazanod swapped 2nds and 3rds teams over in quest for a 3rds flag 👏 👏 , check the scores #hollo#hollow

Mazanod swapped 2nds and 3rds teams over in quest for a 3rds flag 👏 👏 , check the scores #hollo#hollow
Not sure about that. Only four or five from their 3s side had played 2s games during the year with the most two of them played was 2 games.
The surprising thing is it looks like they were dropped down from Div 2 to Div 3 mid year.
How does that happen and then end up with a percentage of 500?? I thought these things only happen to Xavs!!
Strange decisions are the norm at VAFA HQ it seems.

Not sure about that. Only four or five from their 3s side had played 2s games during the year with the most two of them played was 2 games.
The surprising thing is it looks like they were dropped down from Div 2 to Div 3 mid year.
How does that happen and then end up with a percentage of 500?? I thought these things only happen to Xavs!!
Strange decisions are the norm at VAFA HQ it seems.
Some , very , very big lads in Mazond 2nds that looked very much like 3rds players . Hence the respective scores .
Was told 3rds get selection picks before 2nds .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The VAFA needs to do something because clubs are leaving 1 after another.

The alcohol rule is beyond laughable and should be changed instantly to give clubs a chance to actually grow their support.

If you really want a beer you can buy one at nearly every ground and enjoy it in the comforts of the rooms/function area.

No you cant…

the VAFA is losing club after club and this is a big reason why.
You definitely can, I've been to 10+ clubs across division 3/2/1 and they sell it inside for inside only or within the rooms area. VAFA officials definitely turn a blind eye if they are around, lower divisions they never are

I'd say recent leavers ivanhoe and parades biggest problem was retaining players due to their northern location, with the NFNL so close by pinching their players/juniors with matchies, they are very successful and well run, wouldn't need to rely on alcohol money

Bulleen simply can't get enough numbers around the club and leave the same old blokes running around filling in the 2's (hence two 300+ point defeats this year) maybe a change of scenery might be able to entice juniors/u19s to stick around. I'll be interested to see how they would go in EFNL Div 4.

You definitely can, I've been to 10+ clubs across division 3/2/1 and they sell it inside for inside only or within the rooms area. VAFA officials definitely turn a blind eye if they are around, lower divisions they never are

I'd say recent leavers ivanhoe and parades biggest problem was retaining players due to their northern location, with the NFNL so close by pinching their players/juniors with matchies, they are very successful and well run, wouldn't need to rely on alcohol money

Bulleen simply can't get enough numbers around the club and leave the same old blokes running around filling in the 2's (hence two 300+ point defeats this year) maybe a change of scenery might be able to entice juniors/u19s to stick around. I'll be interested to see how they would go in EFNL Div 4.
Sneaking a beer in the rooms against VAFA rules isn't attractive for prospective supporters.

No you cant…

the VAFA is losing club after club and this is a big reason why.

And yet other clubs in other comps are merging or dying because of having to pay players to play.

Then you have greatcrowds at games this year.

Williamstown, Old Ivanhoe regularly get great crowds at home. Fitzroy wherever they go.

Caulfield and Old hailey bury had a great crowd at Caulfield on Saturday.

Alcohol is only a minor concern.

And yet other clubs in other comps are merging or dying because of having to pay players to play.

Then you have greatcrowds at games this year.

Williamstown, Old Ivanhoe regularly get great crowds at home. Fitzroy wherever they go.

Caulfield and Old hailey bury had a great crowd at Caulfield on Saturday.

Alcohol is only a minor concern.
I was out at Ormond on the weekend and they had a function on, drank a number of their beers - it was a great time in their rooms and the crowd was very welcoming to opposition fans. Plenty of people around for a good day of competitive games. Big fan of E.E Gunn, these local, community grounds are seriously the lifeblood of footy. The VAFA should be doing more to get people to these games. While I understand some of the minority arguing booze is not the way, a couple of beers while watching the footy is one of life's simple pleasures. More of that would be amazing.

Remove this Banner Ad

VAFA General Discussion 2022-2023-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back